FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. Just one of those games, lost against the better team. When they can bring on Doku and De Bruyne and we can only bring on Skipp and a half-fit Maddison to make the difference, that tells its own story.

Disappointing atmosphere tonight given the pre-match hype, but guess the action on the pitch didn't help. Seemed to be quite a lot of kids about too, I guess will always be the case in the Cup.

Finding it hard to get that worked up about it really. Rather lose to them now than more semi-final heartbreak. We go again vs Brentford, hopefully some more minutes for Madders.

My experience as a fan 91 we nearly went under. Sugar tough businessman and saved the club and stuck to principles. Levy is trying to phase our growth. This is his last appointment though. He has to back ange and he knows it. Stubborn man and will probably leave when weve won something so he has last laugh imo.

"In fact, the hosts only managed one shot in the entire 95 minutes of the game - the lowest any team in this season's FA Cup has managed to muster."

I think I fell for the romanticized idea that we could really do it this year. If I look back ~6 months ago, I would’ve thought we’d be an afterthought and be mid-table at best. But, what can I say? Ange has made me a believer and that’s why I’m so disappointed at the loss tonight!

At the same time, I think we’re getting there and we’re so close to actually achieving things. It was a tough draw, and we still have the line up issues, but I still feel like we’re going in the right direction!

I’m not criticising him for his efforts. He’s doing the best he can.

But he’s limited. Trying harder doesn’t cut it at the very elite end of sport.

Broadly; what you're saying is fair game... As a basis to critique his performance tonight; not so.

........Did he even get a single corner to attack????

My main problem apart from the goal, was our inability to release werner especially. Everyone wanted an extra touch or run with the ball. Even mccoist said he was sick of saying werner is open play him in. Dont understand the reluctance

Annoying way to go out; would have loved a replay and having 8,000 or so up there making a racket.

Amazing to take them to 88 mins with Hojberg and Skipp on the pitch - both played well. How on earth has Ange got a tune out of 2 very average players who in no way are suite to his way of playing.

Rich decent game have it his all, kept it well.

Udogie good defensively but poor in possssion and esp on the break. The only way to break v City is super quick and very quick passing. Otherwise they’ll foul you. He got caught about 5 times. Don’t want the free kick want the through ball. Hopefully he’ll learn, and we don’t play City often.

Werner very quiet apart from the beautiful thru ball for Johnson. Who looked dangerous. At times.

No replays so didn’t see the goal. A neighbour texted to say obv foul, my son said 50:50.

The neighbour is United.

Again, it’s a cast of trying to stay in touch for when Son Sarr Biss back and Madz full fitness

Next season ange will be judged. Free hit season. Any manager walking into a job losing their best player is up against it. Top 4 hes done well. But really next season must go for the lot.

You make it sound like if he doesn't win a trophy and get at least top 4 next season his job should be in question..............?

Annoying way to go out; would have loved a replay and having 8,000 or so up there making a racket.

Amazing to take them to 88 mins with Hojberg and Skipp on the pitch - both played well. How on earth has Ange got a tune out of 2 very average players who in no way are suite to his way of playing.

Rich decent game have it his all, kept it well.

Udogie good defensively but poor in possssion and esp on the break. The only way to break v City is super quick and very quick passing. Otherwise they’ll foul you. He got caught about 5 times. Don’t want the free kick want the through ball. Hopefully he’ll learn, and we don’t play City often.

Werner very quiet apart from the beautiful thru ball for Johnson. Who looked dangerous. At times.

No replays so didn’t see the goal. A neighbour texted to say obv foul, my son said 50:50.

The neighbour is United.

Again, it’s a cast of trying to stay in touch for when Son Sarr Biss back and Madz full fitness
Agree 100% ref udogie

Fuck it... .whatever City .. you've bought your last Decade of Trophies... Why should tonight be any different?

Good luck to you...
I assume the courts will clear you of all 115 counts of wrongdoing... After you settle up with them beforehand.

Man City and Chelsea have basically ruined modern football... And Newcastle are about to follow them!
It started with Roman at Chelski - when there was no limits to how much an owner could pour into a club. And I would not be surprised if they "bought" some of the refs as well

Just got home. If that had been a boxing match, we'd have lost on points - unanimous decision. I think we won about 1 round out of 12.
Haven't seen a replay of the 'goal' yet, but I was in line with it and Vicario was clearly impeded. What the fuck is the point of VAR?
It was, however, most excellent to see Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman , 1882 1882 and Rocket Rocket

Back
Top Bottom