Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can they perfect the VAR for how ever many seasons elsewhere and bring here when its right? If someone conspiring to cool EPL down w VAR I see the point
I always said this to people saying teething problems and need time to work out the kinks. Let the two bob countries do it first like Germany and Italy :eriksenlol: and if it actually improves bring it in then.

What u wittering on about now, you div?

You think predicting a few goals against a team bottom of Div 1 makes you clarevoyant or something?

Stick with spelling 101... Blarantly more your level since half your posts are barely intelligible.
I was able to predict a bit bc I saw the 1st leg. Indulge me on your ignore option if it bothers you. Stop quoting me so often

I always said this to people saying teething problems and need time to work out the kinks. Let the two bob countries do it first like Germany and Italy :eriksenlol: and if it actually improves bring it in then.
Exactly. French league one is also a good candidate. Goals so scarce there if VAR could change anything..

Anyone else impressed with the young Rochdale lad, Stephen Humphrys? I remember thinking he did ok up at Spotland and I paid more attention to him last night. He looks strong and willing, and he took his goal brilliantly. I can definitely see him making a big step up.

That's my interpretation of the rule - which was brought in to counter-act this very issue
What would constitute a “legal feint” then?
Presumably you can zig zag your way at a snails pace or do cartwheels up to the ball as long as it’s continuous?
That’s the bit I don’t get.
Maybe I’m missing the point entirely? Wouldn’t be the first time.

I think VAR should be part of the game - 100%
Are you serious?
Give me a couple bad decisions over the course of the season over not being able to celebrate a goal, it literally kills the emotion of the game having to wait 5 minutes to know whether you've scored or not. Technology should be kept to goal line decisions, the rest up to interpretation , VAR is just another referees interpretation and it still leads to debatable decisions like last nights first goal.

Anyone else impressed with the young Rochdale lad, Stephen Humphrys? I remember thinking he did ok up at Spotland and I paid more attention to him last night. He looks strong and willing, and he took his goal brilliantly. I can definitely see him making a big step up.

Agree. He’s stout and has a nice touch.

I would of loved to have seen their just turned 16 year old slot one in once we had the game in hand. Can you imagine? At Wembley?

Presumably you can zig zag your way at a snails pace or do cartwheels up to the ball as long as it’s continuous?

It becomes a very subjective call. IMO, any hesitation should be illegal. It pulls the keeper off his line prematurely (which happens nearly EVERYTIME anyway), and encroachment is enevitable.

FIFA clarified in 2002 that the kicker may seek to misdirect (or feint) at the taking of a penalty kick. USSF, in a memo of October 14, 2004 on this subject, identified four specific actions by the kicker that could constitute misconduct:

– he delays unnecessarily after being signaled by the referee to proceed,
– he runs past the ball and then backs up to take the kick,
he excessively changes direction during the run to the ball, or
– he makes any motion of the hand or arm which is clearly intended to misdirect the attention of the goalkeeper.

That's my interpretation of the rule - which was brought in to counter-act this very issue. Stuttering your run-up is part of fainting
WHICH IS ALLOWED! "Feinting in the run-up is permitted" It actually says this in print, how can there possibly be any different interpretation?
DXMBNQiX4AAPR7W.jpg

FIFA clarified in 2002 that the kicker may seek to misdirect (or feint) at the taking of a penalty kick. USSF, in a memo of October 14, 2004 on this subject, identified four specific actions by the kicker that could constitute misconduct:

– he delays unnecessarily after being signaled by the referee to proceed,
– he runs past the ball and then backs up to take the kick,
he excessively changes direction during the run to the ball, or
– he makes any motion of the hand or arm which is clearly intended to misdirect the attention of the goalkeeper.
Is the 2004 USSF memo acknowledged by FIFA as the definitive answer?

Are you serious?
Give me a couple bad decisions over the course of the season over not being able to celebrate a goal, it literally kills the emotion of the game having to wait 5 minutes to know whether you've scored or not. Technology should be kept to goal line decisions, the rest up to interpretation , VAR is just another referees interpretation and it still leads to debatable decisions like last nights first goal.
How do we then deal with blatant cheating and offside goals?

It doesnt work. If a panel can sit there for 5 minutes watching in slow motion several times, and still get three decisions wrong, there is no place for it.
Then never bring up Nani's goal again or any other instance where we've been screwed over by the refs. Shocking

Back
Top Bottom