FA Cup Final 2020 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If wed needed an Woolwich result Chelsea would have hammered them. I genuinely hate them more than Woolwich. Still let's all enjoy Astra bloody goo goo.

A few extra games wont do us any long term harm and may just get us up to speed quicker early in the season. Will do some of our fringe players the world of good too.

People crying about Europa in a thread ridden with peeps bemoaning lack of trophies is silly.

I just hope he realises how reliant that shit side is upon him being there and fucks off to play in a better squad. They would fold if he did.

Fold unlikely but not have the jewel in their crown.

Other players always come along but maybe not of that ilk.

You put Hazard in the Chelsea team yesterday and they win. No doubt in my mind.

It's the players who truly make the difference who for me are separated from those who nepotistic fans believe can make the difference.

Right now we have no one in that SPECIAL big game category.

Fold unlikely but not have the jewel in their crown.

Other players always come along but maybe not of that ilk.

You put Hazard in the Chelsea team yesterday and they win. No doubt in my mind.

It's the players who truly make the difference who for me are separated from those who nepotistic fans believe can make the difference.

Right now we have no one in that SPECIAL big game category.

Aubameyang did nothing yesterday that Kane can't do.....

How can you say arteta is a better manager/coach and knock poch. Hard to argue with a stat like that but anyone in our supporter base that calls poch a David pleat should find someone else to support. Our issue is our past. There has never been a winning mentality. Maybe poch lacked that but he built a team capable but somehow one that could not get itself over the line. That was not his fault.

Because the history books will record that Arteta won a trophy and it only took him a few months to do so.

Poch was at Spurs for years and years and the history books will record that he won absolutely fuck all

But the goons should be challenging and winning cups the money they spend on transfers and wages warrant it if anything they’re falling way short in what they should be doing. An F.A Cup is way way an underachievement the Europa League again is an embarrassment.

Because the history books will record that Arteta won a trophy and it only took him a few months to do so.

Poch was at Spurs for years and years and the history books will record that he won absolutely fuck all

That was because we where going for the League and CL against clubs with far greater resources. Let me ask a question would you have taken 10th for four seasons in a row and a League Cup win with no top 4 and no Champions League? Levy certainly wouldn’t I can tell you that, if Mourinho gets 10th next season and an FA cup I doubt that would be acceptable to Levy.

Best football I have seen at this club was Redknapp and Poch by a mile and those top 4 finishes gave us large amounts of cash making the stadium more economically viable, both Poch and Redknapp did their job within the remit they had very well. Both of them contributed heavily to overtaking Woolwich in the league which we have done for 4 seasons now when we used to be miles behind them.

That has always been our priority, to get top 4, earn money and build the infrastructure of the club on a very limited net spend budget. This model does not fit well one bit with getting domestic trophies, you want that then we change the model. Either we buy a deeper squad that can compete on 4 fronts or we go full throttle for domestic cups in the knowledge it will affect our league standing. For that you need not to look at Poch, Redknapp or any previous manager but the board, it starts and ends there.

nope but won cups

....Thus your point is?

You'd prefer PEA regardless?

Or

Woolwich's universally maligned owners who are everything you fear ours are; they are in fact #MoreAmbitious?

.....You do actually have a point beyond despondency I assume?

So you 2 think PEA is better than Kane then?

It's a really interesting question.

I can only answer by saying I think I would be more confident in us winning a final with Aubameyang in the side than I would with Kane in the side.

Asking if someone is a better player is a touch simplistic, and I do not mean to be rude. I just think it is.

Back
Top Bottom