FA cup - The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester, SUN 10/01/16 = 16-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's trying to screen/usher/jockey Rose there with his arms, a natural move for a defender IMO rather than intentionally going for the ball. Look at his eyes. Can't see how he'd know exactly where the ball has gone off his foot to do that on purpose.

But I'm done arguing this. I'm happy we got the goal but if we're giving those now a lot more pens are now going to be given.

Also, everything looks worse in slo-mo.

Carroll is ahead of him because he's better at long range passing to switch the play - given that most teams set up with 11 behind the ball against us, that's pretty important.
its better than dembeles too.
but i really hope he doesnt play him instead of dembo

Oh and Danoir Danoir about your little dig about me not learning the rules. At the level I ref, our guidelines are very different to Graham fucking Poll's. If you knew much about refereeing you'd know that.

We rarely have neutral linos, no goal-line tech, swearing at us is automatic red, we get abused for fuck all money and take time out our Sundays to do it. We're on our own.

The football we ref is very different, hence the different guidelines.

You can get fucked belittling me for it.

Didn't have you down as a referee type of person. You seem normal...

None of that proves your criteria. You're now arguing that unnatural position (which Dyer wasn't IMO) now supersedes the intention bit. It doesn't.

Unless you have videos of those 3 penalty incidents that you're posting as if it proves your point I'm not just going to trust that Poll has made the decision just based on natural position alone, but as a secondary after intention was established. I suspect those incidents were more cut and dry than this.

If you're going to go down the ''well he's Graham Poll so he must be right''. All 4 former (one current) players in the studio and both commentators said it wasn't. Sooooo...Is your one refs opinion on the general application of a law more poignant that these six's opinion on the actual incident. Nope.

Your own link is your downfall also...''consider the proximity of the potential offender to the person last playing the ball, the speed of the ball''. It bounced up off his own foot, with his back to the ball, travelled less than 2 metres and he couldn't see it. Proving my point for me now that it was completely unintentional.

And again, his position is not blatantly unnatural. It's open to interpretation. That's where a ref's ''guts'' come into it. Which you so laughably dismissed previously as if ref's are just robots.

1) No, I did not argue that the position supersedes anything. It's part of the "intentional"-analysis the ref must do, cf. the guidelines.
2) Seeing as the "I'm a (...)" argument is apparently fair in here; I'm friends with a pro footballer - they know fuck all more than the average young-guy-who-played/plays-himself-and-watches-football about the wording of the rules. Them being 4 doesn't really make that any better. It's a refs job, of course Graham Poll knows more than them. And I didn't say he was right about everything, I said a former PL ref supported my stance.
3) I do not - in any way - think the link is my downfall. The things you have to consider when establishing whether it was a foul or not speak in favor of a pen - except the fact that yes, Dyer seemed somewhat unaware of the ball's position. That's exactly where the "gut"/free interpretation comes in, and I didn't say you couldn't use your "guts", I said you set aside all guidelines and used your own gut/criteria instead. Hence, I found it hard to understand why that was laughable.

Oh and Danoir Danoir about your little dig about me not learning the rules. At the level I ref, our guidelines are very different to Graham fucking Poll's. If you knew much about refereeing you'd know that.

We rarely have neutral linos, no goal-line tech, swearing at us is automatic red, we get abused for fuck all money and take time out our Sundays to do it. We're on our own.

The football we ref is very different, hence the different guidelines.

You can get fucked belittling me for it.

Well then I don't really know why you used the argument that you're a ref - if the guidelines for a PL/FA Cup ref aren't the same you use.

And I wasn't belittling you. I do think we both can agree, however, that we've used way too much time on this, and that the language quickly got too rough, considering it was a penalty awarded to Spurs on which we scored. So who gives a fuck. You're a good poster. Have a good evening.

The reason Eriksen's corners so often hit the first man is he's trying to only just get it over him, as the majority of goals scored from corners are at the near post. It doesn't always work but we've scored more goals than any other side from set pieces this season. Compared to 2 or 3 years ago I'm very happy with that personally

The reason Eriksen's corners so often hit the first man is he's trying to only just get it over him, as the majority of goals scored from corners are at the near post. It doesn't always work but we've scored more goals than any other side from set pieces this season. Compared to 2 or 3 years ago I'm very happy with that personally

Very true.. They were awful today but I would still keep him as corner taker.. He just needs to improve them based on today's performance..

Didn't have you down as a referee type of person. You seem normal...
You know what's mental? You used to be able to start learning at 14. That's what I did. It's good money for a 14-20yo. Used to do a couple games a Sunday for 50-60 quid, dependant on the level. Couple hours work tops. Some nutter at Harrow F.A. does 4 games a Sunday, 9am KO (kids), 10:30KO (kids), 12:30 KO and 3 KO if one is on.

Ill be quitting soon though, the level of abuse seems to go up year on year and some of the parents are just disgraceful. Especially in front of their own kids.

Threats of violence, humiliation and lack of respect, and that's from the fucking 10 year olds.

You hear horror stories of ref's getting rushed and stabbed over decisions and you question everything. The Hayes League in particular is notorious.

Well then I don't really know why you used the argument that you're a ref - if the guidelines for a PL/FA Cup ref aren't the same you use.

And I wasn't belittling you. I do think we both can agree, however, that we've used way too much time on this, and that the language quickly got too rough, considering it was a penalty awarded to Spurs on which we scored. So who gives a fuck. You're a good poster. Have a good evening.
I didn't use it as an argument. I responded with that after you told me to go read the rules.

Yea agreed. Big up. I got my ref's hat on very quickly.

:dierpochhug:

He plays cricket, he can't be normal..:levyeyes::vert:
Steadddddyyyyy...

giphy.gif

I didn't use it as an argument. I responded with that after you told me to go read the rules.

Yea agreed. Big up. I got my ref's hat on very quickly.

:dierpochhug:

Making me sound a bit like the villain there, well done..:levywtf: I did tell you to do so, but it was somewhat part of the sentence saying that you simplified my initial argument.. But I clearly got my douchebag hat on very quickly as well. No harm done.
:fingers:

Back
Top Bottom