FA Cup : The road to victory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is the Portsmouth game likely to stay as a 3pm on Sat 7th Jan?
Good question. It would just be nice if they gave us plenty of notice though (i.e. before the tickets go on sale), especially if there are going to be family ticket packages.

How many do BBC & ITV show anyway? They had four for the second round and gave 17 days notice if that's anything to go by (it probably isn't), but last year they showed six for the third round.

There are plenty of other more attractive ties for TV though including some big all prem ties and non-league v league clashes so I'd be surprised if ours was picked. But then what do I know...

Preston v Huddersfield

Middlesbrough v Brighton

Chesterfield v West Brom

Manchester City v Chelsea

Charlton or Stockport County v Walsall

Boreham Wood v Accrington

Tottenham v Portsmouth

Derby v Barnsley

Cardiff v Leeds

Brentford v West Ham

Bournemouth v Burnley

Coventry v Wrexham

Norwich v Blackburn

Aston Villa v Stevenage

Luton v Wigan

Oxford v Woolwich

Fleetwood v QPR

Liverpool v Wolves

Grimsby v Burton

Blackpool v Nottingham Forest

Dagenham & Redbridge or Gillingham v Leicester

Forest Green v Birmingham

Bristol City v Swansea

Hartlepool v Stoke

Hull v Fulham

Crystal Palace v Southampton

Millwall v Sheffield United

Shrewsbury v Sunderland

Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle

Manchester United v Everton

Reading v Watford

Ipswich v Rotherham
Are the bolds your predictions for TV? Or something else?

Six ties in the Emirates FA Cup’s third round proper have been selected for live television broadcast in the UK between Friday 6 and Monday 9 January 2023, and further details can be seen below:

FRIDAY 6 JANUARY 2023

• Manchester United v Everton at 8pm on ITV1, ITVX, UTV, STV and STV Player

SATURDAY 7 JANUARY 2023
• Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle United at 6pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer
• Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers at 8pm on ITV 4 and ITVX

SUNDAY 8 JANUARY 2023
• Cardiff City v Leeds United at 2pm on ITV,1 ITVX, UTV, STV and STV Player
• Manchester City v Chelsea at 4.30pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

MONDAY 9 JANUARY 2023
• Oxford United v Woolwich at 8pm on ITV1, ITVX, UTV, STV and STV Player

So not us... will await confirmation as a Saturday 3pm though. Often some ties get moved to Sunday for foreign tv / general wind up purposes.

Think I saw earlier on that it was 12.30pm Sat 7th, but I'm looking on the Spurs site and can't see anything.

Not on TV it said too.

Why would it be 1230 Saturday if it’s not on TV? Personally hoping for a Saturday 3pm as I want it to go on general sale to take my boys as I did for the morecambe game last year 🤞

Neither can i?? Would have thought the tickets/dates/time would be confirmed by now
Nice to think that they think of the travelling supporters when confirming times and dates...........oh wait, they don't!
All this faffing about and late changes will be the main factor deciding whether I renew my season ticket; it's disgraceful that supporters attending games are last on the list to be considered.

Nice to think that they think of the travelling supporters when confirming times and dates...........oh wait, they don't!
All this faffing about and late changes will be the main factor deciding whether I renew my season ticket; it's disgraceful that supporters attending games are last on the list to be considered.

Add in it is train strikes that weekend on the Saturday and it really is going to mess up people’s decision making. Pompey fans must be even more annoyed than us.

Lol 12:30. They really like pissing us off don’t they?
Just seen that - no justification for that time, whatsoever!

Family Scheming GIF by HBO Max

Are they saying because of train strikes we will put it on at 12.30 to stop some travelling or to make it easier for them to get home? Not sure but it is strange unless down to Policing although Portsmouth are not as high a risk as Spammers.

Back
Top Bottom