FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be looking out for Crawley’s result at Notts County but expecting a defeat. Be funny if Marine make it through and get us again. Not a lot of interest in this year though if I’m honest. I’m just hoping for an interesting and unusual away day for us in R3. Something like Portsmouth, Coventry, Charlton or Sheff Wed away. Not some shitty little club like Luton or Bournemouth with 140 away tickets.

Charlton v Cray Valley on BBC tomorow.
Used to play against Cray Valley in the London Spartan League, they have excelled since then, hope they can make a game of it.

Dunno why, but there's summit REALLY entertaining about this season's FA Cup 1st round matches...
Looking forward to LOADS of these games...

Spirit of '81 (just saying!)

View: https://twitter.com/RookeryMike/status/1721118927017709839

Not to be sadly - but Maidstone were a very decent opposition

I was at the Chesham game, if only that early chance went in when Chesham hit the bar, but overall Maidstone was the better team and deserved to win however very proud of Chesham United FA cup run. The replay against Braintree was a great game BTW to qualify for the FA Cup 1st round proper, last min equaliser, penalty safe and score two goals in extra time.

I was at the Chesham game, if only that early chance went in when Chesham hit the bar, but overall Maidstone was the better team and deserved to win however very proud of Chesham United FA cup run. The replay against Braintree was a great game BTW to qualify for the FA Cup 1st round proper, last min equaliser, penalty safe and score two goals in extra time.

That Braintree game was a lot of fun, was there for that too and the last minute equaliser and action packed extra time was absolutely top drawer.

Absolutely agree, Maidstone were clearly the better team and while Chesham started well, hit the post a couple of times, they couldn't compete with Maidstone physically and they professionally managed the second half out, Chesham did have a nice free kick at the end that their keeper did well, but yeah, Maidstone were value for their win and in fairness, the responses from their management and fans has been refreshingly magnanimous too.

Been going down for a long while and to see a sell out down at the Meadow, is probably a first in all my time. Hopefully not the last.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX2K24gN5I&ab_channel=StonesTV extended highlights here.

That Braintree game was a lot of fun, was there for that too and the last minute equaliser and action packed extra time was absolutely top drawer.

Absolutely agree, Maidstone were clearly the better team and while Chesham started well, hit the post a couple of times, they couldn't compete with Maidstone physically and they professionally managed the second half out, Chesham did have a nice free kick at the end that their keeper did well, but yeah, Maidstone were value for their win and in fairness, the responses from their management and fans has been refreshingly magnanimous too.

Been going down for a long while and to see a sell out down at the Meadow, is probably a first in all my time. Hopefully not the last.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX2K24gN5I&ab_channel=StonesTV extended highlights here.

I have only been living in Chesham for 7 years but have been going to see the team play and I'm now hooked on nonleague football and enjoy that local football, walk to the ground a few beers with the lads before and after the game and a stagger back home.

The Braintree game was a cracking match, I celebrated like I do when Spurs score (will always be Spurs).

The Maidstone game just a step up to far but you couldn't fault the effort, and seeing sellout was great to be there.

Cheers for sharing the highlights.

I have only been living in Chesham for 7 years but have been going to see the team play and I'm now hooked on nonleague football and enjoy that local football, walk to the ground a few beers with the lads before and after the game and a stagger back home.

The Braintree game was a cracking match, I celebrated like I do when Spurs score (will always be Spurs).

The Maidstone game just a step up to far but you couldn't fault the effort, and seeing sellout was great to be there.

Cheers for sharing the highlights.
Shockingly I was there when they had their last first round FA Cup game at the meadow, 29 years ago... Jesus!

I have season tickets for both Chesham and Spurs, there's never likely to be a conflict.

Back
Top Bottom