Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We did seem to pay a lot for Emerson (£25m) Sarr (£16m) and Gil (£25m). Now we all know Levy is tight with the purse strings. But looking back now on those three deals there isn’t one of us here who could say they are value for money. Imagine what we could do with that cash now. I am sure he will come out of it unscathed but those fees do seem on the high side.

We did seem to pay a lot for Emerson (£25m) Sarr (£16m) and Gil (£25m). Now we all know Levy is tight with the purse strings. But looking back now on those three deals there isn’t one of us here who could say they are value for money. Imagine what we could do with that cash now. I am sure he will come out of it unscathed but those fees do seem on the high side.

Pretty standard prices for young players moving to the Premier League these days I thought.

Nah,

Those are pretty standard fees these days sadly. And I say that not as a slight on Emerson, Gil or Sarr, just that the average fee for a prospect signing nowadays is at around 25 mil.

Crazy. Especially the Gil one. Brighton don’t seem to pay that though unless it goes under the radar and they do.

There's a bunch of 15m, 20m, 25m tucked away in there......

Bit of a different project there though.... You imagine the riots if most of our trf business comprised players for 5 & 10m each season?

I have no idea what any of the above means, but it would just be our luck that Paratici goes down for something he did in Italy. Dare I say it, even Spursey!!
Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Where do Gil and Sarr sit on his list after tonight?

Jury still out long term but neither looked like flops and the way that Conte speaks about both, he clearly thinks both are going to contribute
both was bought as prospects wasn't they, neither have grown into their body yet and you can see the raw talent both have. kuluseveski might be of similar age but you can see hes already grown into his frame, he looks 30 now! both gil and sarr look young in their frames.

both are going to be big players, glad tonight happened especially for gil as i think he needed that as his confidence was getting battered by conte imo. after the fans started singing his name you could see the confidence in him, his passes and touch were even more assured. sarr, although not filled into frame hes so naturally big it doesnt even matter, he can mix it with the big boys already. all of a sudden there excitement about the club because we have a group of young players that are look really promising!

Back
Top Bottom