Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Weird comments by Rio Ferdinand. At least give Paratici a chance to prove himself. Why hasn't he objected about Man Utd not having had an English manager since Ron Atkinson, back in 1986...?

Ferdinand said: “If I was Spurs, I would have gone and got Dan Ashworth. Brighton fans will want to kill me.
“But that guy, meticulous, what he does with a shoe-string budget at Brighton, what he has done with England and all the young players coming through. Setting the blueprint there.
“Dan Ashworth, I would put him up there. It’s fashionable to go foreign now. To go and get foreign directors of football or technical directors when we have got a good few of them sitting here. It’s crazy.”

Weird comments by Rio Ferdinand. At least give Paratici a chance to prove himself. Why hasn't he objected about Man Utd not having had an English manager since Ron Atkinson, back in 1986...?

Ferdinand said: “If I was Spurs, I would have gone and got Dan Ashworth. Brighton fans will want to kill me.
“But that guy, meticulous, what he does with a shoe-string budget at Brighton, what he has done with England and all the young players coming through. Setting the blueprint there.
“Dan Ashworth, I would put him up there. It’s fashionable to go foreign now. To go and get foreign directors of football or technical directors when we have got a good few of them sitting here. It’s crazy.”

That’s just Rio looking down his nose at us, what’s little Spurs doing with the ex sporting director of Juventus??? Back in your box Brighton is your level

It’s just the same shit as ever.

“Why have Spurs gone for Pochettino when Tim Sherwood won half his games after that foreign disaster AVB? All these flash foreign blokes innit.“

Ferdinand:

giphy.gif

i asked 2 weeks ago what has this guy done ?, its still the same we have not moved on any dead wood and replaced them better players
we just left the dead wood out of the team and had to play kids in a match where they have learned nothing and 1 game doesn't give them match fitness

Is he actually doing anything better than what we had before?

We seem to be even slower in the market since he joined than before. Last summer transfer window we’d bought most of our players in by now. I am not impressed so far. We haven’t sold a single player we really needed to.

If we’ve a player who we don’t want yet they have no internet in moving on , sale or loan . It looks like we really can’t do a thing about it . I mean winks should be willing to prove himself in the championship or perhaps abroad but he just seems happy to take his £50k & get minimal game time . We’ve got a handful of players who seem to have very little motivation to prove themselves

Ashworth seems to be very effective to be fair

If we’ve a player who we don’t want yet they have no internet in moving on , sale or loan . It looks like we really can’t do a thing about it . I mean winks should be willing to prove himself in the championship or perhaps abroad but he just seems happy to take his £50k & get minimal game time . We’ve got a handful of players who seem to have very little motivation to prove themselves

I think a lot of teams are in this position. It makes it interesting this season actually because we all know a few bad apples can destroy a squad and help the manager lose his job. This season could be a lot down to how each club’s manager is good man management wise in keeping the deadwood in their squads happy.

I think a lot of teams are in this position. It makes it interesting this season actually because we all know a few bad apples can destroy a squad and help the manager lose his job. This season could be a lot down to how each club’s manager is good man management wise in keeping the deadwood in their squads happy.
well i don't think our manager has managed our senior deadwood at all he has just left them out, so they will not play well for him when called into the team

11 days left.
Still have Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Aurier, Doherty.

Still haven't sorted out a 2nd striker and/or a Kane replacement.

Kane situation is a fucking joke. Even worse than Bale, at least when he decided he wanted out, we preempted it and signed players first.

So while you're all posting videos of him celebrating his paymasters goal, ask yourself, is he on the phone to agents and clubs or is he just spending his salary on dialahooker and coke?

This window is no different to any other poor window.

Is he actually doing anything better than what we had before?

We seem to be even slower in the market since he joined than before. Last summer transfer window we’d bought most of our players in by now. I am not impressed so far. We haven’t sold a single player we really needed to.

The players we need to sell are really bad. Not easy to find takers until we get to the last days of the window and teams get desperate.

The players we need to sell are really bad. Not easy to find takers until we get to the last days of the window and teams get desperate.
We need to tell them they're not getting a squad number , they're not getting a game and they need to find a new club.
We need to sign new players and make it obvious to the deadwood they aren't playing football.
It's a world cup year so at least some or them would want to be playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom