Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy pulls all strings . The deadwood will largely remain as it will take a huge amount of money to replace a legacy of failed signings and mediocre homegrown players .
Fab is restrained by the limitations put on him by the hierarchy but he is not stupid and understood that all along when he took their shillings.
A very weak squad padded out with crap .
Nothing will change .

We need to tell them they're not getting a squad number , they're not getting a game and they need to find a new club.
We need to sign new players and male it obvious to the deadwood they aren't playing football.
It's a world cup year so at least some or them would want to be playing.

To be fair we have done that with Sissoko, Aurier and Ndombele. They have been sent a clear message.

But still, who is going to take them on their salaries? Who would want a midfielder who is afraid of the ball? Who would want a guy who is never in shape? Who would want a defender who can’t defend?

if Levy is stopping the DoF moving players on (even saving their pay would be something) then he should have told the manager to start using some of the deadwood last night ( he will have to use those that stay in some matches next season)
the manager can't relie on these kids in cup matches unless he wants to go out in the first match and get the sack after christmas ( oh well he would have a good pay off)

if Levy is stopping the DoF moving players on (even saving their pay would be something) then he should have told the manager to start using some of the deadwood last night ( he will have to use those that stay in some matches next season)
the manager can't relie on these kids in cup matches unless he wants to go out in the first match and get the sack after christmas ( oh well he would have a good pay off)

Levy is not stopping players from being moved on. There is just no interest in certain players. If you had money to spend would you choose to spend it on our deadwood?

Levy is not stopping players from being moved on. There is just no interest in certain players. If you had money to spend would you choose to spend it on our deadwood?
it would depend on the cost of the transfer & wages
moving some players on for free at least frees up wages
who would pay sissoko £80k a week & pay a transfer fee (they may be willing to pay his wages but not a transfer fee)

To be fair we have done that with Sissoko, Aurier and Ndombele. They have been sent a clear message.

But still, who is going to take them on their salaries? Who would want a midfielder who is afraid of the ball? Who would want a guy who is never in shape? Who would want a defender who can’t defend?

Clubs can't afford to pay Levy's asking price and the players wages.
Lower the asking price and let the buying club give the money to the player as a signing on fee to offset it. Gets them off our books, and some money back.

Problem is, Levy is as tight when it comes to selling as he is when buying. Refuses to push the boat out on incoming but also refuses to take a loss on outgoing players.

And that's why so many players have been around stinking the place up for so long. It's why pony players get new deals rather than let go.

Clubs can't afford to pay Levy's asking price and the players wages.
Lower the asking price and let the buying club give the money to the player as a signing on fee to offset it. Gets them off our books, and some money back.

Problem is, Levy is as tight when it comes to selling as he is when buying. Refuses to push the boat out on incoming but also refuses to take a loss on outgoing players.

And that's why so many players have been around stinking the place up for so long. It's why pony players get new deals rather than let go.
Compounded by the Covid situation. - only English clubs have money plus the Middle East retirement home

Nothing has changed this summer

DOF , No DOF , doesn't matter either way

Still an absolutely chaotic bloated mess of a squad and window

Can't think why...

Paratici needs to step up getting rid of a few players.

And the need to do that is totally disconnected from bringing in actual replacements. We need change for the sake of change.

Is he actually doing anything better than what we had before?

We seem to be even slower in the market since he joined than before. Last summer transfer window we’d bought most of our players in by now. I am not impressed so far. We haven’t sold a single player we really needed to.

Shhhhh.... You'll ruin the thoroughly dated narrative that we leave all our business to the last minute.

(*Someone here crunched the numbers a couple of years ago..... Roughly 20% of our trf business was done in the last week.)

well i don't think our manager has managed our senior deadwood at all he has just left them out, so they will not play well for him when called into the team

He left out Ndombele & Serge (who's not registered in the ECL squad anyway)..... Much like the false narrative that he started a bunch of kids (when it was only 2 and pretty much everyone here supported it b4 kickoff)........ Stop overblowing things.

we've had pre season matches where you can make lots of sub's yet the deadwood(which he may need to use if they are still here) didn't get a look in

Everybody (aside from Ndombele) who was available got minutes in pre-season.

Shhhhh.... You'll ruin the thoroughly dated narrative that we leave all our business to the last minute.

(*Someone here crunched the numbers a couple of years ago..... Roughly 20% of our trf business was done in the last week.)

I think we're purposely holding back this time and if we do have the Kane money it makes even more sense. Lots of clubs out there have been hit hard by covid, early in the window they will have been trying to shift their deadwood mostly (like us) to no avail.

The last week will be interesting, clubs will become more and more desperate and players they didn't want to sell will suddenly become available and at lower prices. We'll be in a great position to strike if we are still in the market.

Dunno if this has been mentioned here already, but your old friend Paulo Fonseca was interviewed yesterday here in Portugal, and he had interesting things to say... 🤔

Quick translation:

Paulo Fonseca confirmed that he was very close to succeeding José Mourinho in charge of Tottenham, but that the arrival of the new General Director at the club threw the process into disarray.

"All the details were settled, I was prepared for a new adventure at Tottenham, but with the entry of the general manager we had some differences that were difficult to overcome. I want to coach the best teams, but I cannot compromise my ideals, my values just to coach a great team" he said.

The coach explained that initially the idea of the club president, Daniel Levy and his sporting director was in line with the style of play of their teams, but that this idea ended up changing.

"The truth is that the president and the sporting director have always defended that the team should be attacking, it should be an attractive, dominant team that went in the direction of what my teams are. With the entry of the general director, things changed a little bit, they wanted to go in another direction and it wasn't possible to develop something that I didn't believe in," he concluded.

Paulo Fonseca esteve muito próximo do Tottenham: "Não posso comprometer os meus ideais"

Back
Top Bottom