Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dunno if this has been mentioned here already, but your old friend Paulo Fonseca was interviewed yesterday here in Portugal, and he had interesting things to say... šŸ¤”

Quick translation:

Paulo Fonseca confirmed that he was very close to succeeding JosƩ Mourinho in charge of Tottenham, but that the arrival of the new General Director at the club threw the process into disarray.

"All the details were settled, I was prepared for a new adventure at Tottenham, but with the entry of the general manager we had some differences that were difficult to overcome. I want to coach the best teams, but I cannot compromise my ideals, my values just to coach a great team" he said.

The coach explained that initially the idea of the club president, Daniel Levy and his sporting director was in line with the style of play of their teams, but that this idea ended up changing.

"The truth is that the president and the sporting director have always defended that the team should be attacking, it should be an attractive, dominant team that went in the direction of what my teams are. With the entry of the general director, things changed a little bit, they wanted to go in another direction and it wasn't possible to develop something that I didn't believe in," he concluded.

Paulo Fonseca esteve muito prĆ³ximo do Tottenham: "NĆ£o posso comprometer os meus ideais"
all BS
paratici chose to run an attacking via at Juventus, a club storically focused on the defence, by buying young offensive players, passers, and by firing allegri and hiring sarri.
thing is that fonseca wanted to focus the transfer market on attacking players (from spain and portugal), but paratici believes that tottenham problems are especially in the defensive area (he took gollini, romero as priorities)

A piece explaining why he's so close to the bench...

Fabio Paratici and Steve Hitchen have been a much more noticeable presence on the touchline this season and Hugo Lloris believe they have fed into the new energy at Tottenham Hotspur.
Covid regulations regarding who can go into what parts of stadiums mean that Spurs' managing director of football Paratici and technical performance director Hitchen, who constantly speak to the players and head coach Nuno Espirito Santo during match days across the week, must remain within the squad's bubble.

That means that the duo, who are believed to have been friends for years before the Italian's arrival at Tottenham this summer, must stay within the 'red zone' at stadiums in which first team players and staff remain.
In turn that has seen the pair take up seats either behind or alongside the dugout, rather than up in the stands where they would normally sit during matches.

Both men have been showing plenty of passion on the sidelines, making their point known to referees, opposition coaching staff and celebrating with the players after the match.
Lloris said after Tottenham backed up their first Premier League win under Espirito Santo against Manchester City with a tough away victory at Wolves that the duo were helping the new head coach spread the right message.

"[The defending] is an area where we can feel that we're improving," said the Spurs skipper.
"The confidence is coming back, but again in football the balance can become very fragile if we are not focused every day on it.

"That's the message of the manager, the message from Steve and Fabio. They are here to help. To bring their energy, to bring their experience and then as a leader, we have a few players in the changing room that we have to show the way.
"We have to show the way and today we did well."

He added: "We need to keep our feet on the floor, it's only two games but two wins with two clean sheets. That's a positive thing.

"We are in the process of getting confidence. Last season we suffered a lot, we didn't have the results that we wanted and it's a new season with a new energy and a new manager and step by step we need to carry on the good work.

"Honestly, we are so pleased to meet the fans again. In the last 15 or 20 minutes they were behind us, pushing and that's something that we miss so much.
"It was the case against City and again today, they give a lot to the team and they have a very good impact on the players."

he has to move on at least 2/3 (sissoko, Aurier, Ndombele) the manager won't use them unless there is no one else, so get Levy to agree to at least save their wages (except Ndombele we need transfer fee for uim)

IMO, we donā€™t need a backup striker with Kane, Son and Scarlett not to mention Dele as a false 9. But i appreciate that Scarlett may seem a little inexperienced if there is an injury. We can easily get a loan move from RM, Barca or someone At the death. Iā€™m not worried.

Need to get Tomi as cover for RB and CB. Albeit with CCV apparently staying and Nunoā€™s ability to turn average CBā€™s into great CBā€™s (based on early form ) I think we should give the lad a go.

We do really need another DM/CM. Winks only as backup is not sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom