Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did say they will review again in May what positions they need to improve from what happens over the second half of the season. I bet they know now but that comment makes me think they are waiting to see if we get in the top four and if we do then the level of targets may change. I really hope we get it because then there will be no excuse not to target the next rung up of players.

Stands to reason; it should be that way......

As you note, Top 4 will influence how full-on we can be about the next chapter in the rebuild in terms of budget; but also, potential calibre of targets will also influence who from the current crop survive the cut......

Similarly, there are likely certain players teetering on the in/out threshold who's contribution between now and May will affirm whether they go into the in and out pile.... e.g. Berg, Sess, Emerson, Japh

The best part about it is that it takes the responsibility away from Conte having to do it in press conferences before every game.
Now Conte can just refer them to this interview and say he agrees, move on.
Yes of course, that is how the press work, once a question has been asked and answered they absolutely will not hammer it to death in the hope of a different, more explosive answer being offered...

How many times was Poch asked about his future back when he was our Golden Boy???

interesting watch, he comes across to me as a little weak, was expecting a different demeanour.

I know what you mean..... He's quite a timid presence.

I still don't understand the Nuno appointment and how far his net really stretches. Once he has taken the scraps from Juve, then what...?

Guess we will know much more come the end of the summer.

Well, the summer showed that he's not dependent on Juve....

i.e.

No deals from Juve
Deals from Spain, France & Italy.
(Also, Nuno had no prior connection to Serie A)

Yes of course, that is how the press work, once a question has been asked and answered they absolutely will not hammer it to death in the hope of a different, more explosive answer being offered...

How many times was Poch asked about his future back when he was our Golden Boy???

He never outright shut the question down though; that was part of the problem.....

Hasn't done much better on that front at PSG either.

How many times was Poch asked about his future back when he was our
That's the point. Poch didn't have someone to defer to.

That's the point. Poch didn't have someone to defer to.
Doesn't make any difference to the press though, unless I'm misunderstanding the original point, I thought it was that Conte can refer them to that interview and then that will be that?

My response to that is that it will make not one bit of difference to the press, who will trot out the same questions week after week, looking to create a narrative any way they can, regardless of how Conte answers.

He could refer them to that interview week after week for the rest of the season, they would just concoct a story based on the tone of his voice or the look on his face.

With Poch, he'd be facing the same questions every week, his answer never changed, it might not have ever been particularly emphatic but it was always the same platitudes, and yet still they'd ask.

Doesn't make any difference to the press though, unless I'm misunderstanding the original point, I thought it was that Conte can refer them to that interview and then that will be that?

My response to that is that it will make not one bit of difference to the press, who will trot out the same questions week after week, looking to create a narrative any way they can, regardless of how Conte answers.

He could refer them to that interview week after week for the rest of the season, they would just concoct a story based on the tone of his voice or the look on his face.

With Poch, he'd be facing the same questions every week, his answer never changed, it might not have ever been particularly emphatic but it was always the same platitudes, and yet still they'd ask.

a) "This has been commented on.... See Paratici statement"

vs

b) "I don't want to talk about that"

A = a far more efficient way to move the narrative of the room on..... Even if the question does rear it's head again in another conference.

This was apparently before he took the spurs job according to the article, but only making the rounds just now.

Justin Timberlake Shrug GIF

This was apparently before he took the spurs job according to the article, but only making the rounds just now.

Damn for a second I thought we might have a chance of getting rid of this fraud.

Didn't make a ton of sense that PSG would look at his record as DOF and think this is the kind of shit work that we need at this club, but from many reports it doesn't sound like Leonardo is all that great either.

I don't think Parataci feels Conte was giving him compliments today.
Indeed. Outs, sort of (very worried GLC and Tanguy won't get their options) and both will be back. And I'll give the Juve boys a chance but it's all a bit uninspired and desperate.

But. Bluffer innit.

Back
Top Bottom