Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all know this guy is Baldini pt2

His sole objective to was to make sure the Kane money was reinvested in the squad. He set about lining up replacements/additions and then City never came up with the money.
I would assume there was a backup plan if that happened which probably meant prioritising defence and picking up some long term investment players.

He's clearly done a good job so far. Cleared out some unwanted players, played a part in Kane staying, brought in some good upgrades. His work will continue, it wasn't going to be done in one window. That's fantasy.

He's clearly done a good job so far. Cleared out some unwanted players, played a part in Kane staying, brought in some good upgrades. His work will continue, it wasn't going to be done in one window. That's fantasy.

What part did he play in Kane staying?

Kane stayed because Man City did not make a bid that Levy would accept, how did Paratici have a role in that in any way?

This is silly, Levy will always have control and final say on everything presented to him. You will see when Paratici eventually walks out it will be because it was Levy who did the hoodwinking to attract Paratici to the club and the realities of the job were much more difficult than those outlined before he took over.

Pretty much like every job I've ever had.

January (when lower table clubs will be seeking saviours for their season):

Doherty: Sell - Simply not needed.
Winks: Sell/Loan - If he's not had much game-time I think his resolve to stick around will have faded.
Clarke: Sell/Loan - If he's not had much game-time I think his resolve to stick around will have faded.
Sessengon: Loan - If he's not had much game-time he'll likely get itchy.

Problem: All Homegrown.

At least it seemed like we had a plan and got back to our identity.

I like that he made the squad a lot younger while shipping out deadweight/older bodies.

Always felt better about targeting younger players with huge upside. I think that fits Nuno better too.

Last edited:

Kane stayed because Man City did not make a bid that Levy would accept, how did Paratici have a role in that in any way?
It was reported that he sat down with Kane to talk over the situation. That may not have been the deciding factor but everything seemed to calm down after that.

He had nothing to do with Rose, Gazzaniga, Foyth, Hart, Bale, Vinicius going. Doubt he had the say in Aurier going either. I imagine agents had a role in Sissoko and Alderwiereld. Maybe we can credit him with Lamela going the other way in the Gil deal.

Didn't give them his contact details init.

It was reported that he sat down with Kane to talk over the situation. That may not have been the deciding factor but everything seemed to calm down after that.

So you think if Man City would have come in with an acceptable bid that Kane would have said no?

I guess we will never know but it seems like Kane is here because Man City didn't pay not because anyone changed Kane's mind. There certainly is no evidence that Paratici changed anything. But I understand why you would want to hope that was the case.

At least it seemed like we had a plan and got back to our identity.

I like that he made the squad a lot younger while shipping out deadweight/older bodies.

Always felt better about targeting younger players with huge upside. I think that fits Nuno better too.

What plan?

Not asking sarcastically but honestly interested. I have heard many people say this but there doesn't seem to be any plan at all.

I don't think that signing Gil and Sarr indicates we are going with a youth movement as many have said.

So you think if Man City would have come in with an acceptable bid that Kane would have said no?

I guess we will never know but it seems like Kane is here because Man City didn't pay not because anyone changed Kane's mind. There certainly is no evidence that Paratici changed anything. But I understand why you would want to hope that was the case.
Kane wasn't in a position to decide anything. It wasn't a case of Paratici persuading him to stay. Paratici probably told him the reality as the club saw it. That's most likely.

Ings was available for a very reasonable fee. Edouard is available for £14m. Not hard to get a decent competent striker. It's an absolute failure to not bring one in especially if one was a number 1 priority. We signed a keeper we didn't need yet but didn't sign our number 1 priority. It's a failure for me if no striker comes in late.
Now call me sensitive but I have a feeling may be no more than gut that Danny Ings would not piss on us if we were on fire. I get an active dislike. The other bloke I've seen miss some hella easy chances in the Scottish league be intresting to see what he dose. The fact he us getting his chance at Palace speaks volumes

What plan?

Not asking sarcastically but honestly interested. I have heard many people say this but there doesn't seem to be any plan at all.

I don't think that signing Gil and Sarr indicates we are going with a youth movement as many have said.
I think the general plan was to reduce the age of the squad.

IIRC, we have no outfield players over 30.
Given the likes of Romero is 23 Vs Toby's 32, Gil is 20 Vs Lamela at 29, Gollini 26 vs Hart 34 you kinda see where it's going.

Kane wasn't in a position to decide anything. It wasn't a case of Paratici persuading him to stay. Paratici probably told him the reality as the club saw it. That's most likely.

In that case I am not sure what Paratici did then in your view that is worthy of praise. Telling Kane that City didn't come in with a bid?

Kane is in a position to decide if he wants to stay or not. Even if City didn't come in with the bid Kane can still want to go and that is not great for us.

Back
Top Bottom