Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He must be used to it. I bumped into him in Park Lane during the 2 points from 8 games phase. He jokingly said he'd get Sugar to give the team some cash to get a new striker!

Mr Vexed said:
TED said:
Bruce Forsyth

forsyth supports spurs AND the goon squad.

senile old cunt

I beat you to that one. Apparently it was totally acceptable back when he started to watch the game, so all of the bad blood and rivalry stuff must have happened in later years and we are partly to blame.

But let's face it, how many of us would enjoy things as much if we didn't hate the goons?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

_PS_ said:
Mr Vexed said:
TED said:
Bruce Forsyth

senile old cunt

I beat you to that one. Apparently it was totally acceptable back when he started to watch the game, so all of the bad blood and rivalry stuff must have happened in later years and we are partly to blame.

But let's face it, how many of us would enjoy things as much if we didn't hate the goons?

They were probably still in Woolwich when Bruce "World record chin" Forsyth started following them.

_PS_ said:
Mr Vexed said:
TED said:
Bruce Forsyth

senile old cunt

Not true, the seeds of hate had been sown in 1913 (before Bruce was born), Spurs were vehemently against Woolwich's move to North London. Also see the below story, which I had heard before, and here crudely retold by http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-arsepaste.htm

1919: Get Spurs relegated and Woolwich promoted from 6th position - In 1915, when Football ended because of World War One, Chelsea and Spurs had finished bottom of the first division and Woolwich were sixth in Division two. The League planned to expand the first division by two clubs and precedent dictated that the two bottom clubs would stay up and the top two in the second division would join them. Sir Henry had other ideas. To this day the details of exactly what occurred at the league's meeting in March 1919 remains a mystery, but by the end of the day, Woolwich had been voted into the first division and Spurs voted out. Woolwich have never been out of the top flight since.

1919: Parrot Killers - Spurs embarked on a tour of South America (Argentina & Uruguay) in 1909. The boat journey either way to Argentina was fairly long. One of the distractions provided for the passengers on the way home was a fancy dress competition. It was actually won by two of the Spurs' players dressed as Robinson Crusoe and Man Friday. The ship had a parrot and they had borrowed it as one of their props. As a result the parrot was presented to the club (or the two players) by the ship's captain. And yes it is claimed that the bird died on the day the dirty deed took place in 1919, which saw Woolwich replace Spurs in the first division. It has been suggested in some quarters that this was the origin of the phrase "as sick as a parrot"! Add Parrot murderers to their list of crimes

The temptation for a spot of tl, dr is strong...

I know my history, but if the rivalry was just as intense back in Brucie's day would anyone have admitted to supporting both teams? It isn't unheard of in that generation, but it is today. Things have got worse over the years, I'm not suggesting for one second it's a bad thing, mind. But they have got worse.

It was not uncommon for fans to go to White Hart Lane one week and the Shithole the following week.

But this was something like 50 years ago + and when it cost a fraction of what it does now, even relatively speaking.

jimmyriggle said:
the guy who plays 'bovver' in Green Street (don't know if he's been mentioned yet
Nicky Clarke
Leo Gregory is his name..

Saw him at the Pompey Wembley match and said 'Alright Leo?' he just looked at me then walked off... :klinsmann:

GB3 said:
jimmyriggle said:
the guy who plays 'bovver' in Green Street (don't know if he's been mentioned yet
Nicky Clarke
Leo Gregory is his name..

Saw him at the Pompey Wembley match and said 'Alright Leo?' he just looked at me then walked off... :klinsmann:

He used to sit right near me in the shelf around the time that film came out. True story.

ollieXcore said:
I'm sure I've read Chino Moreno, singer of Deftones, follows Spurs because his favourite b'ball team are the San Antonio Spurs.

As if I didn't have enough reason to have a man-crush on him. That's awesome!

VinnySideways said:
Also on the subject of famous Spurs supporters (well vaguely famous Spurs supporters), I sat in front of Bobby Davro and his missus/girlfriend/bit on the side during the '93 FA Cup Semi Final. As both teams came out on the pitch, Bobby Davro's missus/girlfriend/bit on the side turned to Bobby and asked 'Which one's Tottenham then?"

What a fucking waste of a ticket. (Although I wasn't thinking that by full time).

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT DAVRO ROUND THESE PARTS

#FUCKDAVRO

Back
Top Bottom