Fanbase. Are we heading to be like Man U?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll try to explain it to you then. Are Tottenham Hotspur fast becoming a brand more than a football club?

Id rather see the club try and generate financial streams to grow the club through innovative ways that are organic than to see us slip into huge debt levels or be more of a sugar daddy team. Sadly money is the necessary evil but I am a huge believer that a genuinely successful club never spends beyond their means and if that means we grow our brand in such ways that the club never looks jeopardised or at the mercy of its owners then I'm happy with that.

Id rather see the club try and generate financial streams to grow the club through innovative ways that are organic than to see us slip into huge debt levels or be more of a sugar daddy team. Sadly money is the necessary evil but I am a huge believer that a genuinely successful club never spends beyond their means and if that means we grow our brand in such ways that the club never looks jeopardised or at the mercy of its owners then I'm happy with that.
You make some very good points. But Are we as fans happy just be the milking cow every year? And by fans the word is getting more and more delluded.

Finger was poised on the 'Ignore Thread' when I saw this post. You should never have to explain a thread title to someone. Why not entitle it as per the italics and leave any reference to Man Utd out of it.
Just a suggestion..... :thumbup:
giphy.gif

You make some very good points. But Are we as fans happy just be the milking cow every year? And by fans the word is getting more and more delluded.

You're only a milked cow if you give them a whiff of teet my friend. What People forget is the debt levels Man City, Chelsea etc are in based on owner loans to the club. Everything needs to be accounted for and when the time comes I would be shocked to see someone wipe their mouth of £600m, £800m whatever it is payback.

Money is required if we like it or not and the fans are the ones who bring money I to the game, just the way it goes.

I put this one to you.... Would you rather see us trying to build our brand so we can generate the funds to compete or would you rather us not and we succumb to being a 10th place team, which looks likely seeing as we have some serious money in football these days, even with the likes of Wolves & Everton etc

The club is much more successful. Its great that we can compete. But I miss the atmosphere when we were one of the outsiders at white hart lane. I used to go all the time. Ticket for under 40 quid.

Ive hardly been to the new stadium. Cant be arsed with the cost. I imagine the atmosphere is shit due to the price of tickets. Our stadium will end up being like the nou camp. Something to do when your in town.

You're only a milked cow if you give them a whiff of teet my friend. What People forget is the debt levels Man City, Chelsea etc are in based on owner loans to the club. Everything needs to be accounted for and when the time comes I would be shocked to see someone wipe their mouth of £600m, £800m whatever it is payback.

Money is required if we like it or not and the fans are the ones who bring money I to the game, just the way it goes.

I put this one to you.... Would you rather see us trying to build our brand so we can generate the funds to compete or would you rather us not and we succumb to being a 10th place team, which looks likely seeing as we have some serious money in football these days, even with the likes of Wolves & Everton etc
Thank you. First of all i love football. Good football, something i found with Tottenham. I'm not blind to economics but when that interferes with the game i loose interest. So i guess for me the quality matters most, but do i want us to revert back to mid table? Facts show that is where we are at. Sudden blips on the radar dont make no nuclear sub. I think it's mor of a money game now than anything.Call me old fashion but i enjoy a match where the players actually care.

My original post amended. I did not wish to appear offensive to you but I hate Man Utd and all that the 'brand name' stands for so when you tried to connect them with Spurs I became a little hot under the collar. My apologies. :thumbup:
No need. When someone talks about a burning issue heart or mind .

I am not from London and didn't grow up with a father who bled lily-white.

I was brought in by global expansion of the PL and Fox Sports.

I would love to see Spurs live, in their new digs, next to any supporter no matter the length they have supported.

The sport is a global game and the biggest teams are really good at spreading their brand.

Just because new supporters come in, doesn't mean they are only there for the spectacle. Some might be, but I would assume most love the game first, and then identified a club to support.

So what if the brand grows and brings in new people? Kind of xenophobic and protectionist to think it is a bad thing.

Pau Gasol just critiqued the NBA for the style of play and how it doesn't represent "traditional" play. Get over it and enjoy the ride.

I'd prefer some rich guy who can afford it to pay for it all, rather than us non wealthy fans.

Back
Top Bottom