Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like seeing how the selling team's supporters feel when we buy a player so here are comments from a Sevilla site; kinda feel bad for them:
I’ve met Fazio a few times and he’s a real nice guy, I can’t believe he’ll bail out at this moment. I knew he had an arrangement with Barca and I believe he decided to stay with Sevilla, not sure why because that’s the move I would want for him, to finish at the highest level. Another thing I don’t understand is the ridiculously low buy out fee when you see Barca pay €20m for Mathiue.
If the Fazio rumours are true. This is a disaster!
Is it fair to wait and make your predictions AFTER the transfer window has closed? If Fazio leaves I would like to trade out my Glasses of Optimism with my Lenses of Pessimism and just hope we finish in the top 10. It’s a genuine question: Can I make my predictions when August is no longer around?!
I simply don’t feel well about this… Fazio, the last player from the Puerta-era, our best defender and our captain, is leaving for peanuts.
Regarding Fazio, he’s CRUCIAL to our team and continued success. Cannot stress that enough. Like Shendm said, I’d only be satisfied w/ Ogbonna as a replacement. But his departure at such a pivotal time (the eve of the frickin season!) would really hurt us. He’s formed a formidable partnership w/ Pareja, probably our best pairing since Squillaci/SQD. Really hope he stays, and that we give him the money he deserves
Hi Mark, personally I’m going to forget CL for now with the loss of Fazio being the reason. It’s a massive blow because we were great defensively and demonstrated against real madrid that we could lock them out, they scored on the counter. The defence was generally well organized and impervious to aerial balls with Fazio there, a luxury player to have.
Fazio: King Fazio as far as I’m concerned. Rumors of his departure terrify me. Aside from Rakitic, our most indispensible player. He anchors our back line with physical presence and poise. But he is also the focal point of almost every set piece we run. Grade: A
And last but not least
I happened to know that Fazio had an agreement with Barca, for some reason he decided not to go ahead – but Tottenham is a lousy stiinking hole, not the right move.
On second thought fuck these guys

so Fed-ur-eek-oh Fuck yo?
I trust humans over software when it comes to pronunciation. Here is a dude from Sevilla tv saying his name:

He says it right at the beginning (llegado a la casa de Fazio) and then at :13, when he says the whole name.

In Spain, the name will probably pronounced, depending, as something like "FA-syo" or "FA-thyo" (like "Theo" very quickly) or anything in between. I think in Argentina, you'll hear the former or "FA-tsyo" (like Lazio). I don't think you'd get what sounds like a glottal stop from the emma says YouTube.

"FA-syo" could certainly catch on among the younger residents of Tottenham. Especially since the 'o' would be pronounced like the 'o' in 'goal', not in 'go'.

Argentina-Football-Fans-300x210.jpg

The argentinians are coming. And so am I.

On second thought fuck these guys

Fuck Seville. Ever since they dived and cheated their way past us in UEFA Cup (maybe 6 years ago) they can go fuck themselves. That's a legit complaint BTW, not some bitterness to being beaten by them. Their conduct was awful - the amount of diving and faking injury was sickening.
Anyway...as you were. :pochserious2:

Back
Top Bottom