Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Running into UNCONTESTED space due to nobody being there.

My flat back 4 argument is strong.
No one questioned your flat back 4. I questioned your bullshit analysis for which you have no answer, because you made it up in order to defend Jan and assassinate Rose.

The space isn't uncontested, is it. Jan is marking Perez.

You really are tiresome. Blankly refusing to accept you are wrong and arguing with yourself about other stuff.

Being one on one is a massive no no in defending. You can't just say that was Jan's man. If we defended like that every game it's suicide.

It's about space. Danny Rose left us isolated.
The problem you've got is that they are professionals. If my pub team know that when a RB or LB pushes up someone drops in and fills in to support then these players that are paid stupid amounts MUST know that too?

You can put the blame on any single player. Why wasn't a midfielder filling in as cover? Why did we lose the ball in the first place? Why didnt Lloris save it?

It isnt as simple as 'It was Danny Rose that caused the goal.'

No one questioned your flat back 4. I questioned your bullshit analysis for which you have no answer, because you made it up in order to defend Jan and assassinate Rose.

The space isn't uncontested, is it. Jan is marking Perez.

You really are tiresome. Blankly refusing to accept you are wrong and arguing with yourself about other stuff.

I said the cross beat Jan. My claim was Rose "next" to (if he's very lucky) Fazio will hamper his form.

Roses header into space behind us caused The scramble that led to Fazio being sent off. It's ironic we are in a Fazio thread talking about Rose since he couldn't play due to being fucking suspended.

I said the cross beat Jan. My claim was Rose "next" to (if he's very lucky) Fazio will hamper his form.

Roses header into space behind us caused The scramble that led to Fazio being sent off. It's ironic we are in a Fazio thread talking about Rose since he couldn't play due to being fucking suspended.
The red card was his own fault, he should never have had his arm across Aguero... A harsh decision because he might not have got the ball but why do it in the first place

You can put the blame one player.'

I agree with that. Which is why I showed the pics. The initial poster blamed Jan. I just put forward that Rose out of position and a weak challenge also should have been mentioned. The fact that others pointed out weaknesses that also painted my anti wingback stance (with our players) in a good light (like how the crosser got behind us) is a bonus.

The red card was his own fault, he should never have had his arm across Aguero... A harsh decision because he might not have got the ball but why do it in the first place

We should not have been under pressure in the first place. Rose headed the ball behind himself which was the key moment and they pounced on it. It was also mentioned on the pod so I'm not hallucinating.

Last edited:
image.png

This week's Spot The Mistake: Player C is the goal scorer - Who should have been picking him up? Is It

Player A - who is three feet away and looking directly at him.

Or

Player B - who is as a left back is 60 yards from the ball being played down the wing, and 30 yards from the goal scorer.

Well many of you phoned in to have a go, but only 1 person got it right - it is, in fact, Player B. Bad luck everyone else, but thanks for trying. More football fun next week.

Last edited:
I'm gunna head off of here now with the conclusion that you have a vendetta against Rose. Peace

Correct. It's a general "tiny dancer" vendetta. I'm pretty open about it.

Rose, Townsend, Lennon, Naughton IMO do not create, link up and score or be involved enough to leave us constantly wide open down our flanks. IMO rose is the last fig leaf of failure in defence that needs to be stripped away for us to compete.

A flat back 4 covered by 2 DM's would leave the onus on eriksen and Lamela etc to create and less tracking back and defensive duties. They need less donkey work that overlapping wingbacks create for them.

image.png

This week's Spot The Mistake: Player C is the goal scorer - Who should have been picking him up. Is It

Player A - who is three feet away and looking directly at him.

Or

Player B - who is as a left back is 60 yards from the ball being played down the wing, and 30 yards from the goal scorer.

Well many of you phoned in to have a go, but only 1 person got it right - it is, in fact, Player B. Bad luck everyone else, but thanks for trying. More football fun next week.
Have we all forgotten about the gash effort by Kaboul to win the ball in the lead up? If ever there was a built like Tarzan plays like Jane moment that was it. Put the ball into row Z and if it hurts their bloke going for it in the process so be it. Was too nice of a challenge for me!

Have we all forgotten about the gash effort by Kaboul to win the ball in the lead up? If ever there was a built like Tarzan plays like Jane moment that was it. Put the ball into row Z and if it hurts their bloke going for it in the process so be it. Was too nice of a challenge for me!

That pic is the buildup. A 10000 things could have happened. Rose being so far put of defensive position is just sadly hilarious.

It was all made possible by the wingback policy. Dier and Rose too high up the pitch.

But let's face it. The end result was The goal scorers last touch was during a powderpuff challenge from Rose.

rosedefininlike_zps5830da52.jpg

Kabs can't win them all. Capoue was involved too. But Roses challenge led to the actual goal scored.

Last edited:

Rose pushed Fazio to make him trip Aguero. Spot on.

Again changing the subject to Fazio and the City game. No answer to the responses to the points you raised.

Complete and utter nonsense coming from the tips of your fingers today I'm afraid.

The fact you still stand by your assessment that Rose is at fault for the goal and not Jan really just shows how you have the ability to pick and choose who has a good game and who doesn't based on your general opinion of them, rather than their actual performance.

And it's shit like that that causes an awful atmosphere at The Lane - hatred for players that can't seem to do right in some peoples eyes.

Rose pushed Fazio to make him trip Aguero. Spot on.

Again changing the subject to Fazio and the City game. No answer to the responses to the points you raised.

Complete and utter nonsense coming from the tips of your fingers today I'm afraid.

So why did the podcast mention Roses header behind us?

Pressure. We didn't even need their player to dink it behind us. Rose did it for them. Next game, another weak header and another goal.

So why did the podcast mention Roses header behind us?

Pressure. We didn't even need their player to dink it behind us. Rose did it for them. Next game, another weak header and another goal.
Still changing the subject?

Answer my questions or admit you were wrong. Preferably the former.

Still changing the subject?

Answer my questions or admit you were wrong. Preferably the former.

Erm. We are in a Fazio thread and the subject was that Rose "next" to Fazio will impact his form. And I claimed his heading was involved in the goal(s) I painted a pretty picture for you of the challenge.

The "I'm wrong" aspect was a cringey image of just how ridiculously out of position Rose was!!! Great defense guys!

I put "next" in quotation marks because...well. That damning pic sums it up how isolated he makes us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom