Fighting cock = chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sibs said:
Swear box may be a fun idea for an episode - money going to charity or something.

We had that idea at around ep 4, but just got lost and forgotten about, plus I like swearing.

Just can't believe people complain about this sort of thing.. prudes are taking over!

It happens though. In fact, had an e-mail at work from our new manager this past week saying that we should "be aware" of the language we use because you never know who may take offense. "We want an inviting work place." Noone in the office would complain about language so obviously it's him. Next he'll be taking away our beer on fridays :(

this reminds me. I heard plenty of comments at Bolton along the lines of "have you heard that fighting cock lot?" and "yeah, he's one of them fighting cocks" all said in derogatory tones, but don't worry being way cool and a leader of men I told them to stfu and visit the forum where the cool kids hang out. That told them.

I recall being at a game a few years back and I overheard the guy next me say:

'I dunno why they get so upset about the swearing here. That's why you come to the football, so you can have a good swear up'

Bless him he was right. Swearing is the soul of a good football conversation.

:akabusi:

drwinston001 said:
this reminds me. I heard plenty of comments at Bolton along the lines of "have you heard that fighting cock lot?" and "yeah, he's one of them fighting cocks" all said in derogatory tones, but don't worry being way cool and a leader of men I told them to stfu and visit the forum where the cool kids hang out. That told them.

Fuck em and eat em.

Mr 2-out-of-5 needs kicking up in the f**king floodlights (or a subscription to the "West Stand podcast" *)

* which I am sure many of us also enjoy and rightly so - but, as recognised recently on the Cock, serves an entirely different purpose.

spooky said:
From itunes:

Swearing for the sake of it (2 stars out of 5)

There's no doubt they all seem to have a worthwhile opinion buy why so much swearing??? I had to stop listening because of it. It's akin to hanging out on a street corner in a town centre on a Friday night with a group of chav's. Or are they just trying to be all big and clever???

Six question marks in there lads.

tell him to f*ck off, the c*nt.

Back
Top Bottom