Final league position 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Final league position?

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• 7th or below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

10th.

Its all downhill from here unfortunately. Before the season when we hired someone with no top league experience and sold our best goalscorer, I really thought we'd compete for the title.

Really worry about next season. I can't help but feel we're going the direction of Everton.
Sorry you are feeling so down about the team

Maybe do something to take your mind off it

How about a game of chess ?

10th.

Its all downhill from here unfortunately. Before the season when we hired someone with no top league experience and sold our best goalscorer, I really thought we'd compete for the title.

Really worry about next season. I can't help but feel we're going the direction of Everton.

I think we'll get caught by united. Got a very tough run of games which will involve Liverpool,City and Woolwich and we still have to play Chelsea away. I think we are going to completely capitulate in to the frail team from last season. Hope I'm wrong.

10th.

*klaxon*

TOP FANNNNN ALERTT, WEVE GOT A TOP FAN OVER HERE, HE IS BETTER AT SUPPORTING HIS FOOTBALL TEAM ON AN ONLINE FORUM THAN YOUUU, HES NEVER BEEN NEGATIVE.

There you go mate.

We’re not ready for CL. It would wreck next season. We couldn’t handle league and domestic cups this year. I want to see us compete properly in LC and FAC before thinking about higher competitions that exhaust a very narrow squad.

I’m genuinely surprised at the negativity on here. I also honestly think Europa League would be great for us and our development, as well as a good way to keep a large, quality (hopefully!🤞) squad happy and fit. So 6th would do me.

We’re no way ready to be competing at the top and it would be stupid for us to be going into next season thinking we can win the PL or CL. Top managers take time to bed in, especially when bringing in a radically different setup to the previous regime.

Squad and system are gradually taking shape. If we continue on this trajectory then next season should be decent. But let’s not get carried away.

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Match week 25 done for us. As much as sky like to say anything can happen usually this stage of the season is a very good indicator of where you finish.
For a bit of context matchweek 18 Xmas week we were 4th.
2 points off Villa. 8 clear of United.

Today 5th place - Still 2 points off Villa who we play away soon. Massive 6 pointer on the 10th March.

United currently 6 points below with a game in hand. Win today they narrow the gap to 3 points.
United fans I know are convinced they catch us.
Good thing we drew at their place too. If they won that and win their match today we would be 6th……Fine margins and all that…

Newcastle in 7th are the same distance as Liverpool in 1st place. 10 points.

So safe to say now that we are odds on to finish 4th to 6th. Unless we fall apart and drop like a stone or go and win every game. I don’t think either happens.

And I put my money on a Top 4 finish a while back but will be totally honest I did not envisage us losing to teams like wolves at home when I did that.
Plus not been watching last couple of gams either as they have not been on sky so I have no real idea of how we are playing.

What’s your thoughts at this point in time? We have some tough away games in our run in.
Top 4 nailed on?? Or squeaky bum time for missing out on the drama and riches of CL football?

First I wanted to vote for the fourth place,

Everything Sucks Mimi GIF by SWR3

but I think our team will be so strong and the team manager are so good, that we will arrive the third place.

Proud Saved By The Bell GIF

Come on you spurs!

Coming into the season my expectation was 6/7th based on a new manager needing to transition and the calibre of squad. We had an amazing start which lifted expectations, however the early season form of some guys has tailed off and we are looking pretty beatable most games now. I think 6/7th is most likely, which I wouldn't say is a bad result for Ange, just a disappointing one based on the start.

Let's hope so... :ange-pray:
We're definitely getting into the CL next season. That way we'll do poorly and Sky and the whole league will spend the season moaning about how Spurs cost England a 5th CL spot in 25/26...which will, of course, be our spot.

Would be sweet vengeance, however, if our being shit in the CL was due to a good run in the league that saw us safe in top 4and it was Chelsea left out in the cold.

They’ll be level by the time we next play
Some people are doing the same thing they did under conte and ignoring the warning signs. You can see what's coming a mile off. It's not just about the result it's how we are playing. We've been very lucky considering the amount of chances we give other sides. I said the attacking was an issue a few game weeks ago but some would rather take the piss than take a look at what is staring them in the face. From the holding mid up whether it be the tactics or players or both something isn't right when we have the ball imo.

Back
Top Bottom