Final league position 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Final league position?

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• 7th or below

Results are only viewable after voting.

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Match week 25 done for us. As much as sky like to say anything can happen usually this stage of the season is a very good indicator of where you finish.
For a bit of context matchweek 18 Xmas week we were 4th.
2 points off Villa. 8 clear of United.

Today 5th place - Still 2 points off Villa who we play away soon. Massive 6 pointer on the 10th March.

United currently 6 points below with a game in hand. Win today they narrow the gap to 3 points.
United fans I know are convinced they catch us.
Good thing we drew at their place too. If they won that and win their match today we would be 6th……Fine margins and all that…

Newcastle in 7th are the same distance as Liverpool in 1st place. 10 points.

So safe to say now that we are odds on to finish 4th to 6th. Unless we fall apart and drop like a stone or go and win every game. I don’t think either happens.

And I put my money on a Top 4 finish a while back but will be totally honest I did not envisage us losing to teams like wolves at home when I did that.
Plus not been watching last couple of gams either as they have not been on sky so I have no real idea of how we are playing.

What’s your thoughts at this point in time? We have some tough away games in our run in.
Top 4 nailed on?? Or squeaky bum time for missing out on the drama and riches of CL football?

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

I think we'll get caught by united. Got a very tough run of games which will involve Liverpool,City and Woolwich and we still have to play Chelsea away. I think we are going to completely capitulate in to the frail team from last season. Hope I'm wrong.

First I wanted to vote for the fourth place,

Everything Sucks Mimi GIF by SWR3

but I think our team will be so strong and the team manager are so good, that we will arrive the third place.

Proud Saved By The Bell GIF

Come on you spurs!

10th.

Its all downhill from here unfortunately. Before the season when we hired someone with no top league experience and sold our best goalscorer, I really thought we'd compete for the title.

Really worry about next season. I can't help but feel we're going the direction of Everton.

We have at least four really tough fixtures that will be very difficult to gain points plus our form has dropped hugely for a variety of reasons .Was confident enough a few weeks back we could get top four not nearly so now .Fifth at best looks the best we can get .

10th.

Its all downhill from here unfortunately. Before the season when we hired someone with no top league experience and sold our best goalscorer, I really thought we'd compete for the title.

Really worry about next season. I can't help but feel we're going the direction of Everton.
Sorry you are feeling so down about the team

Maybe do something to take your mind off it

How about a game of chess ?

We’re not ready for CL. It would wreck next season. We couldn’t handle league and domestic cups this year. I want to see us compete properly in LC and FAC before thinking about higher competitions that exhaust a very narrow squad.

I think we'll get caught by united. Got a very tough run of games which will involve Liverpool,City and Woolwich and we still have to play Chelsea away. I think we are going to completely capitulate in to the frail team from last season. Hope I'm wrong.
I fucking hope it isn't that bad 🤣
10th.

I'm not sure if you are joking or not 🤣

If coaching & playing staff wake the eff up? 4th is on...or we'll miss out by just 1 or 2 pts.

If we stay on that shitty ride we've been on for a fair while now? 6th...with the barcodes only a few pts behind.

All things considered, P6 wouldn't be that terrible. Most of us would've taken it at the start of the season...including the lecturers & superior fans among us, though they'll try their hardest to convince you they did believe in the title race.

P6 is our level...and been for a while if we're being honest. Just gotta hope we can - and will - build on that.

As for the Cups, I have genuinely zero hopes we'll take them seriously next season, especially if we're involved in Europe. Our hierarchy just doesn't give a rat's ass about what the glorious FA Cup means to us as Tottenham fans. Perhaps because they aren't fans themselves, despite their claims...

Back
Top Bottom