Final league position 23/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Final league position?

• 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

• 6th

• 7th or below

Results are only viewable after voting.
Coming into the season my expectation was 6/7th based on a new manager needing to transition and the calibre of squad. We had an amazing start which lifted expectations, however the early season form of some guys has tailed off and we are looking pretty beatable most games now. I think 6/7th is most likely, which I wouldn't say is a bad result for Ange, just a disappointing one based on the start.

We would have been happy to be sixth when season began…. But now anything less than 4th is a disappointment.
It’s between us villa and Utd and I don’t think both of them are better than us.
Hopefully yesterday is a wake up to the squad and now they will switch on any have a good crack at the run in.
They have been complacent is thinking that just because our injured and suspended players are back we can just be on it again.

I think Man U will overtake us and Villa will stay above us, so my money’s on 6th.

As much as I’d love to be back in the CL I think we’d be out of our depth next season and would be shown up anyway.

I’d take 6th and Europa League, but hopefully not any lower and risk getting the Conference League.

I’m genuinely surprised at the negativity on here. I also honestly think Europa League would be great for us and our development, as well as a good way to keep a large, quality (hopefully!🤞) squad happy and fit. So 6th would do me.

We’re no way ready to be competing at the top and it would be stupid for us to be going into next season thinking we can win the PL or CL. Top managers take time to bed in, especially when bringing in a radically different setup to the previous regime.

Squad and system are gradually taking shape. If we continue on this trajectory then next season should be decent. But let’s not get carried away.

10th.

Its all downhill from here unfortunately. Before the season when we hired someone with no top league experience and sold our best goalscorer, I really thought we'd compete for the title.

Really worry about next season. I can't help but feel we're going the direction of Everton.

*klaxon*

TOP FANNNNN ALERTT, WEVE GOT A TOP FAN OVER HERE, HE IS BETTER AT SUPPORTING HIS FOOTBALL TEAM ON AN ONLINE FORUM THAN YOUUU, HES NEVER BEEN NEGATIVE.

There you go mate.

4th or 5th, could end up in either spot. Villa have a lot of injuries and are in bad form so 4th is not unrealistic, but performances like yesterday will not help. I don’t see United finishing above us, they are absolutely shite. United probably drop points today. Although I thought we would be 5th or 6th before the season, not getting 4th nor would be very disappointing. We have had no Europe and minimal cup games.

I’m genuinely surprised at the negativity on here. I also honestly think Europa League would be great for us and our development, as well as a good way to keep a large, quality (hopefully!🤞) squad happy and fit. So 6th would do me.

We’re no way ready to be competing at the top and it would be stupid for us to be going into next season thinking we can win the PL or CL. Top managers take time to bed in, especially when bringing in a radically different setup to the previous regime.

Squad and system are gradually taking shape. If we continue on this trajectory then next season should be decent. But let’s not get carried away.
Agree. It's been a lacklustre start to the year but I can see the green shoots and I'm not melting just yet. I believe things will snap into place.

Still think we can grab 5th but only if our best players start performing again pronto. 4th unlikely based on our current form, but no harm dreaming.

Less than top 6 and I'll be disappointed. Drop out of the top 10 and the Hulk in me comes out. But we shouldn't be in the latter situation with the players we have and I really don't expect to see that happening.

We’re not ready for CL. It would wreck next season. We couldn’t handle league and domestic cups this year. I want to see us compete properly in LC and FAC before thinking about higher competitions that exhaust a very narrow squad.
If I felt like we'd ever properly compete in the FAC (not the LC, fuck that tinpot waste of energy), I'd be inclined to agree with you. This was the year, though, and it was derailed.

The reality is the domestic cups don't provide enough revenue, and Europe is needed to sustain the transfer budget and wage bill to even fancy our chances at any trophies.

I think we'll get caught by united. Got a very tough run of games which will involve Liverpool,City and Woolwich and we still have to play Chelsea away. I think we are going to completely capitulate in to the frail team from last season. Hope I'm wrong.
They’ll be level by the time we next play

I think Man U will overtake us and Villa will stay above us, so my money’s on 6th.

As much as I’d love to be back in the CL I think we’d be out of our depth next season and would be shown up anyway.

I’d take 6th and Europa League, but hopefully not any lower and risk getting the Conference League.
I think the new format for the CL definitely means we won't be "out of our depth". We won't win the CL, but there aren't 36 better teams in Europe and the league format makes the draw less fortunate/punitive. Finish in the top 8 after the first 8 matchweeks and you're through (doubtful for us). 9-24 and you're in a 2 legged knockout round to get through to R16 - we'd be favored to be seeded into a favorable draw for that.

The biggest thing about the new CL format (and EL, tbf) will be how taxing it is for the squad. We'll need to play the kids in the LC, which means it's going to be even more devalued (and really ought to be done away with, anyway).

United and Villa will surely be ahead of us. If we continue to play like we did yesterday, then Brighton and Newcastle as well. We still have all the big teams to play and we will get slaughtered by all of them they way we have played for the last months. I was excited by Angeball at the beginning but now I go into each game as anxiously as i did under Conte and Mourinho.

United and Villa will surely be ahead of us. If we continue to play like we did yesterday, then Brighton and Newcastle as well. We still have all the big teams to play and we will get slaughtered by all of them they way we have played for the last months. I was excited by Angeball at the beginning but now I go into each game as anxiously as i did under Conte and Mourinho.
Spurs innit? We'll win the big matches and lose the shite ones like yesterday. In the end we'll end up scratching top 4 and convincing ourselves in the summer that we were unlucky to drop points which would have put us in the hunt. That way we'll go into next season on the back of a couple nice signings with wildly unrealistic expectations.

Spurs innit? We'll win the big matches and lose the shite ones like yesterday. In the end we'll end up scratching top 4 and convincing ourselves in the summer that we were unlucky to drop points which would have put us in the hunt. That way we'll go into next season on the back of a couple nice signings with wildly unrealistic expectations.
Let's hope so... :ange-pray:

Let's hope so... :ange-pray:
We're definitely getting into the CL next season. That way we'll do poorly and Sky and the whole league will spend the season moaning about how Spurs cost England a 5th CL spot in 25/26...which will, of course, be our spot.

Would be sweet vengeance, however, if our being shit in the CL was due to a good run in the league that saw us safe in top 4and it was Chelsea left out in the cold.

Yes it started well, but for a while I don't personally enjoy it.
Football is predictable, we make some of the lesser clubs look like world beaters, not for me I'm afraid.
The best teams will spank us the way we are playing, don't think even Ange knows what to do either.

They’ll be level by the time we next play
Some people are doing the same thing they did under conte and ignoring the warning signs. You can see what's coming a mile off. It's not just about the result it's how we are playing. We've been very lucky considering the amount of chances we give other sides. I said the attacking was an issue a few game weeks ago but some would rather take the piss than take a look at what is staring them in the face. From the holding mid up whether it be the tactics or players or both something isn't right when we have the ball imo.

I said before the start of the season I expect us to finish fifth and then English clubs not do well enough in Europe for fifth to qualify for the CL. Which would be the proper definition of the word Spursy. (Not the losing in the last minute like it is inaccurately used).

I am so convinced it will happen because it’s exactly the kind of thing that happens to us.

Back
Top Bottom