Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow this is great news. Can't believe that UEFA is actually enforcing a rule.

Wow this is great news. Can't believe that UEFA is actually enforcing a rule.
They aren't really though are they? Wasn't the big thing about FFP "if you can't run the club within your means, you won't be in the champions league"
and a £50 million fine is just ridiculous. Makes a mockery of the whole thing in my opinion.

They aren't really though are they? Wasn't the big thing about FFP "if you can't run the club within your means, you won't be in the champions league"
and a £50 million fine is just ridiculous. Makes a mockery of the whole thing in my opinion.

A 50 million dollar fine is no joke no matter how rich you are. Also did you see what PSG got? Aren't allowed to increase their wage bill and transfer sanctions regarding spending. I actually think it's pretty encouraging for the first go around.

A 50 million dollar fine is no joke no matter how rich you are. Also did you see what PSG got? Aren't allowed to increase their wage bill and transfer sanctions regarding spending. I actually think it's pretty encouraging for the first go around.
agreed, presumably if city and PSG are in breach next year they will incur more severe sanctions, which hopefully includes expulsion from the champs league!

They can actually still be refused the right to play as well by the independent Chamber - this is just the plea bargain stage

I'll believe that this set of rules has some teeth when they actually start banning the likes of Citeh, Barca, Real etc.

It does have an affect, because it means they will have to make bigger cutbacks to pass FFP next time having pissed UEFA around once, and if they fail again they probably will face expulsion from the European competitions.

Apparently Liverpool wouldn't have met FFP rules either if they were in Europe this year, heavy sanctions for them also next season, a 50m fine would cripple them.

Back
Top Bottom