Financial Results - Year End June 30, 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is from before Covid - and the beer ran out at the end of Q3

It is understood that the NFL pays a flat rental fee to use the stadium for each game, but all of the food and drink net income plus the merchandising profit goes to the football club.

Bottoms Up Beer, who provide the technology that allows each pint of beer to be filled from the bottom, claimed last week that Spurs set a new European record for the sales of beer at the first game between the Raiders and Bear with £1m alone taken in from those drink sales.

Bottoms Up got a slap from the club for leaking that information, unofficially the boxing broke that record by some margin ... all a bit anecdotal but gives you an idea of the sums involved.

And bearing in mind that the bottom up beers can only account for a small proportion of beer sales too as the majority of them come from the taps.

No doubt... Saturday night = peak drinking time.

Same as these Gaga & GnR type gigs..... Should be massive money spinners.

Levy needs to be having a word with Adele's people about a series of summer shows.... She's fucking huge.... They could fill WHL about 4, 5, 6 times over if they're the only UK shows. Whack on 4/5 acts and the place could be open 2pm - 11pm like the old Wembley stadium shows. £$£$£$£$
Bit unfair imo, she has lost some weight recently

Levy needs to be having a word with Adele's people about a series of summer shows.... She's fucking huge.... They could fill WHL about 4, 5, 6 times over if they're the only UK shows. Whack on 4/5 acts and the place could be open 2pm - 11pm like the old Wembley stadium shows. £$£$£$£$

Don't forget that one of the Haringey Council planning constraints is a maximum number of non football events every year - including NFL, Rugby, Boxing, Concerts etc. Think it was 16 events a year ?

I'd guess that the stadium is relatively fully booked already, but I'm sure there will be a couple of slots available ?

Roughly

Average ticket price (inc all hospitality) - £100 x 60,000 = £6m
+ c. £1m in food and drink sales

That's probably a fair guess for average PL fixtures - but will definitely vary for some european and domestic cup fixtures with lower crowds and maybe trains/planes to catch after matches limiting drinking/eating.

Additionally I suspect food and beverage sales will also vary seasonally (more during daylight fixtures, less on cold dark winter days), more at weekend fixtures, less on evening fixtures (people coming from work less pre-match time to drink and eat) etc.

Don't forget that one of the Haringey Council planning constraints is a maximum number of non football events every year - including NFL, Rugby, Boxing, Concerts etc. Think it was 16 events a year ?

I'd guess that the stadium is relatively fully booked already, but I'm sure there will be a couple of slots available ?

Yeh; noted..... Those 16 should be used wisely then..... The longer the opening hours for said events the better. Also summer = hotter = thirstier punters. :levywhoa:

Revenue tanking year on year from 460M to 400M now 360M

Any other business would sack their CEO

Funnily enough we won't be making the CL final every year... Good news is that we won't be weathering a pandemic every year either.

Well done for ignoring any semblance of context though. :contefacepalm2:

Now we have Conte and Paratici, we will hopefully see the money we spend on players invested more successfully. If Levy allows them to do their work, we could really push on and become a top club in the next couple of years. Everything is in place now except the most important thing; the players!

Funnily enough we won't be making the CL final every year... Good news is that we won't be weathering a pandemic every year either.

Well done for ignoring any semblance of context though. :contefacepalm2:
I do not like Levy and think he has made many mistakes in his tenure as chairman but no one can argue that he has not made us more financially stable and he is also ensuring that we generate more revenue in the future. Some people just want ot hate everything about him and make up bs on top of that.

I do not like Levy and think he has made many mistakes in his tenure as chairman but no one can argue that he has not made us more financially stable and he is also ensuring that we generate more revenue in the future. Some people just want ot hate everything about him and make up bs on top of that.

Indeed. .......In the process, the above only serves to water down the credibility of any legitimate complaints people may have.

That's probably a fair guess for average PL fixtures - but will definitely vary for some european and domestic cup fixtures with lower crowds and maybe trains/planes to catch after matches limiting drinking/eating.

Additionally I suspect food and beverage sales will also vary seasonally (more during daylight fixtures, less on cold dark winter days), more at weekend fixtures, less on evening fixtures (people coming from work less pre-match time to drink and eat) etc.

Speaking of winter drinks - they are now doing Guinness on draft in the ground

I'm guessing that every club is going to be recording a loss, would I be right to think their figures are going to be similar to (or worse than) ours?

I see the Spursaphobic Guardian are running a story with the headline Tottenham announce £80.2m pre-tax loss as debt climbs to £706m.

They seem to be revelling in it, not that that should surprise me. Anyone would think that we were the only club, the only business in debt.

Fun facts: Apple's total debt stands at $112 billion. The total national debt of the United States is $27 trillion

Last year Capitol Radio Summer Ball was booked for WHL but obviously had to be cancelled. That’s an all day long festival. No doubt it will return.
A week of Adele would do nicely for next summer.
We’ve got the rugby lge challenge cup final next year ....moved from Wembley .

Last year Capitol Radio Summer Ball was booked for WHL but obviously had to be cancelled. That’s an all day long festival. No doubt it will return.
A week of Adele would do nicely for next summer.
We’ve got the rugby lge challenge cup final next year ....moved from Wembley .

A 'residency' over consecutive Saturdays would be even better..... 👍

I'm guessing that every club is going to be recording a loss, would I be right to think their figures are going to be similar to (or worse than) ours?

I see the Spursaphobic Guardian are running a story with the headline Tottenham announce £80.2m pre-tax loss as debt climbs to £706m.

They seem to be revelling in it, not that that should surprise me. Anyone would think that we were the only club, the only business in debt.

Fun facts: Apple's total debt stands at $112 billion. The total national debt of the United States is $27 trillion
These are good results. Other clubs will be much worse.

Back
Top Bottom