Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a ridiculous, reactionary thing to say.

When we beat Woolwich we went 4th.

Since then:

Lost to Liverpool gifting them goals
Only draw with Fiorentina at home despite dominating the game.
Play terribly against West Ham and scrape a draw.
And now this horror show.

I'm sorry, but if you add a cup final defeat to one of our biggest rivals, that's an absolutely shit run of games.

This fucking pointless competition will be the end of us. We don't have the squad or desire to win it and it just fucks us for our domestic campaign. And people keep talking that shit about how important 'European Football' is for us, well I hope you are enjoying it cause I'm sure Mourinho is loving this right now.

All infighting aside. This is a shit effort today. Pure shit all around. I don't know how we go from this to winning a cup in three days.
Agree.

Sometimes I wonder if I watch the same game as other Spurs fans. Peoples evaluations of our performances when we edge games 1-0 or 2-1 are completely over the top.

The WHU draw was particulary bad. Shit result and overmatched most game, yet people come up with stats like posession, like shots (of which more than half were tame efforts, hurried and off target) and of how amazing Bentaleb/Mason were, when in truth we got overmatched in midfield most games.

“On Sunday, you may rest some players and play others, win the final – genius. But if you lose against Fiorentina and in the final you are... a very bad word. A bad manager and coach."

:pochserious:

When are we going to stop giving the fuking ball away this shit and the west spam game giving the ball away in the middle of the park
Lamela is fucking shit aswell fucking poor championship player wouldn't even get a starting place at Blackpool at the moment fuking stay out there and fuck off back to Rome and take that shit cunt Soldado with you

when soldado completely fucked it all up when he was 1 on 1
Interesting perspective.

So it's not to do with the fact, that we most games of late concede 1,5+ goal in average thus making the few clear cut chances we ACTUALLY create completely crucial?

How do people expect to achieve anything, when we struggle to create from open play AND keep leaking goals? It's impossible.

Back
Top Bottom