Flag Pole (Geddit?)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which Design would you pick?

• Guido UTS

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Guido TFC Cock

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Guido TFC Shield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sean THFC logo

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Nutter-Naylor Quadrants

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Nutter Naylor Navy White horizontal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CSWY Greavsie / UTS etc

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • CSWY UTS 1882 N17 TFC

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
Well, that was fun....

Hi Rocket

Unfortunately we need all flags into us by Monday in order for them to be organised and displayed for the first match, next Friday, so we won't be able to approve your flag to send in.

We would also need you to change the font, as it's our bespoke font which is a Club copywrite. To avoid giving the impression it's an official flag, we would need it to be changed.

I'm sorry we won't be able to accept your flag - if there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Thanks

Levi Harris
Supporter Liaison Officer

Well that kept you busy for a few days at least mate :dembelelol::walkercry:

Up the Spurs!
Speaking of which, I noticed the flag is still up in the stadium. All the fans flags now appear to be hung along the front of the middle tier of the West Stand. The bottom half is obscured I think so you can only see the Up The Spurs bit. But at least it's still there.

I've noticed that many other grounds have a similar number of fan flags but because the stands are so much smaller they don't get lost like ours do.

No, I can't be trusted with anything, always losing and leaving stuff behind!
Also, think it would be better for someone who sits/stands in the South Stand to bring it along.
PS - reading through this has made me just realize who Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite is!! I wish you chaps would give me the heads up when you change your user name, I'm easily confused these days!!
Well then I’m somewhat disappointed that you weren’t posting profusely on the “Whatever happened to…?” thread about the informative and articulate genius that was CSWY.

:ange-hands-head:

Like the eastern European ones ? Against Chelsea have Pochs head on a spike?
I just want a massive tifo of mid 00s Chirpy. You know, the version where he looks like he just came back from having seen some shit during the Vietnam war.

And the text "Abandon all faith, ye who enter here." underneath.

OK, I've gone through the suggestions on the flag thread, and decided it would probably be best to get a poll up to decide on what design we want.

These are the one's I found. Let me know if I missed any or you want to add one.

1. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 Up The Spurs
mp_0134968_1024x1024.jpeg

2. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 TFC Cockerel

images

3. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 TFC 1882 Shield

18821.png

4. Sean Sean THFC intertwined logo

images

5. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Quadrants with TFC & 1882 filling 2 corners. Suggestions for other 2

6. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Horizontal split Navy ove Lilywhite. The Thing I love Most and TFC

7. Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite Jimmy Greaves Up The Spurs etc

6tNsbvw.png

8. Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite UTS 1882 TFC N17

qgVmLS8.png

OK, I've gone through the suggestions on the flag thread, and decided it would probably be best to get a poll up to decide on what design we want.

These are the one's I found. Let me know if I missed any or you want to add one.

1. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 Up The Spurs
mp_0134968_1024x1024.jpeg

2. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 TFC Cockerel

images

3. Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 TFC 1882 Shield

18821.png

4. Sean Sean THFC intertwined logo

images

5. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Quadrants with TFC & 1882 filling 2 corners. Suggestions for other 2

6. Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Horizontal split Navy ove Lilywhite. The Thing I love Most and TFC

7. Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite Jimmy Greaves Up The Spurs etc

6tNsbvw.png

8. Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite UTS 1882 TFC N17

qgVmLS8.png
Fine work Rocket!!
giphy.gif

Rocket Rocket have to say I prefer having UTS in the navy block at the top as that harks back to some historic banners, with the LTS reference underneath. It’s more logical too. As for font, simple 1st one or 3rd one.

Well the biggest standard "football flag" that site does is 12' x 6' I think. They quote somewhere just under £100 +carriage and delivery. So I would assume that would total somewhere around £140 maybe?

Theres 12 or 13 who have said they will contribute. So somewhere around a tenner will probably be the area I would think? Does that sound about right and OK with everyone?

I'm good with that.

OK Sorry for the delay work (from home) has been bloody mental over the last few days. but it's ordered now. I've got it coming to my adddress in case the club don't want it yet.

Once it's here and I know it's OK I'll contact the club again and see if I can get it sent to them. at that point I'll decide what to do about collecting in the donations.

Fingers crossed we get to see it on the telly at some point this season.

Going forward does anyone know if the club look after flags between games or do you have to take it back and forward to games. If you have to cart it around it would be better if someone else(probably local) looked after it as I can't guarantee that I will be regularly attending in the future.
Have to take them home. Chavs and City have their flags there all the time... because they’re fake corporate club ones. City’s ones tonight all have a corporate sponsor on them too.

:mourhandlaugh:

Back
Top Bottom