Football or THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe if more people cared about the sport the millionaire criminals in charge of fifa wouldn't beable to use it to line their pockets as much.

You don't even need a love of football to despise those cunts, just even a decent understanding of fundamental human rights.

yea I got the chav match on to but I haven't watched it for 60 seconds straight lol and the first half is almost over, mostly listening to Pleat ramble on lol

I just feel like without the sport of football THFC wouldn't exist so how can you love THFC more than the thing that essentially gives it meaning and/or life. Without football there would be no THFC but without THFC football would still be the greatest sport on the planet. Maybe if more people cared about the sport the millionaire criminals in charge of fifa wouldn't beable to use it to line their pockets as much.

I understand where you're coming from. But I just think its human to be more passionate about a specific thing as opposed to the whole thing. I guess you could think of it like loving one woman over women in general or loving a car as opposed to what cars are in general. It's not quite the same I know but it kind of counters your argument.

Oh and interesting question.

It's hard to feel passionate about football as a wholem

I understand where you're coming from. But I just think its human to be more passionate about a specific thing as opposed to the whole thing. I guess you could think of it like loving one woman over women in general or loving a car as opposed to what cars are in general. It's not quite the same I know but it kind of counters your argument.

I'm not really trying to have an argument lol, really just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the subject and how they form their opinions. Your analogies kinda suck tho lol

It's hard to feel passionate about football as a wholem

Oh and interesting question.

I wouldn't call it "human to be more passionate about a specific thing as opposed to the whole thing," but you make a valid point nonetheless as it is a trait of many humans. To continue with your good analogy including women, there are polygamous people and monogamous people. Doesn't make one more human than the other, just makes us different and worth interesting discussion. Hence the very reason this thread exists in the first place.

Don't entirely understand question but for me-

playing football & watching Spurs (both equal) > watching any other teams

When I get older though it will go, watching Spurs > playing football > watching other teams

I'm not really trying to have an argument lol, really just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the subject and how they form their opinions. Your analogies kinda suck tho lol

Never suggested you were, I actually think it's an interesting question.

Plus I know the analogies aren't the best but sport is very unique in that way and they were the best I could come up with.

I love the game, particularly outside of the top four in England, the lower divisions, foreign leagues and teams are great. I can easily spend an entire day watching game after game, every second division German team has their own story, their own way, it's brilliant, the diversity of it all.

However, which do I love more? Spurs, yes it is part of the sport, but it represents more then a football team to me. Call it a club, someone would even go as far as to say a family, ya know what, fuck it, we are a family, a very dysfunctional family, but by god, do we go on some fucking mental road trips and I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Never suggested you were, I actually think it's an interesting question.

Plus I know the analogies aren't the best but sport is very unique in that way and they were the best I could come up with.

"I know but it kind of counters your argument." you did end your last post with that

but you are right sport is very unique as are women lol but there are so many different variables comparing the 2 that it just doesn't add up.

Didn't really like football, watching or playing, until I was about 12. It was my first proper game at white hart lane in te early 90s that made me love spurs and therefore love football. So it's spurs for me.

I don't play so much anymore but when I did I would probably lean more towards the sport over spurs. Because at least you have some sort of real effect on a game you're actually playing in. But the organisation of football - FIFA, te premier league, the FA and everything surrounding it. That can all fuck off.

we are a family, a very dysfunctional family, but by god, do we go on some fucking mental road trips and I wouldn't swap it for the world.

but all that is only possible because of the sport first and foremost

without the sport THFC the club and/or football team doesn't exist

Football is the foundation THFC and a million other clubs and teams are built on.

I agree.

I have a degree related to cars and as mentioned elsewhere, I've had quite a lot through the sheer fact that I'm not happy with keeping one. Car slag of sorts. Had the mini for 3 months and feel like changing already.. mostly because I love cars in general.

I feel sorry for anyone who has nothing in life that they can feel like that about, a love of a subject or hobby, rather than an singular, is one of the best things you can have :D

I agree.

I have a degree related to cars and as mentioned elsewhere, I've had quite a lot through the sheer fact that I'm not happy with keeping one. Car slag of sorts. Had the mini for 3 months and feel like changing already.. mostly because I love cars in general.

I feel sorry for anyone who has nothing in life that they can feel like that about, a love of a subject or hobby, rather than an singular, is one of the best things you can have :D

lol I like cars too mainly fast luxury ones like cadillacs and beemers but I tend to drive way to fast and that's all I'm saying on that subject.

but all that is only possible because of the sport first and foremost

without the sport THFC the club and/or football team doesn't exist

Football is the foundation THFC and a million other clubs and teams are built on.
I get that, but what do you prefer your house or the foundations it is built upon?

but that analogy is so shit in the context of this discussion on football that it barely warrants a reply mate

do you seriously think that analogy is even close to being relevant in this discussion?
Yes. The both form the base of something I value more. Neither could function without the other. Unless I lived in pile of rubble or supported the Tottenham Hotspur superleague formula team.

Yes. The both form the base of something I value more. Neither could function without the other. Unless I lived in pile of rubble or supported the Tottenham Hotspur superleague formula team.

But does that mean you love women in general over your significant other? I mean you can't have one without the other.

This thread is just turning into some really odd analogies, still I guess it's better than a Gibbs argument thread :adegrin:

a better analogy would be do you value your favourite room(THFC) in your house more than your actual house(football)

you're comparing football to abit of wood and concrete and THFC to your whole house which is of far greater value lol

analogies are mostly shit anyway and a cop out from discussing the actual subject at hand, they are too easy to manipulate to suit your agenda(not you specifically just in general)

Back
Top Bottom