Fort Knox FC Vs Palace Sat 6th May 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are we trying to make it complicated. When we attack up our left side our left back is going forward so the rest of your back three shuffle across. So lenglet would be nearly a left back,Romero middle to left,and royal narrows in to right centre back. That’s the way a back four always operates.
Royal played right back.

Can say the same for 3-4-4 looking like a 4-4-2 at times. I agree though we are overcomplicating the formation. Porro played on the right with Emerson behind him. the system is what matters, which is movement patterns and defensive rules. Playing with Emerson on his side was as good for him as it was for Kulu earlier in the season and last year.

for me, the back 3 had a good match, Royle was good there as was Romero, all without Diers running backwards giving up ground
Sarr must be really poor if he wasnt bought on for Skipp (Skipp had a poor match)
Richy just goes offside all the time, watch as Kane gets to head the ball for the goal Richy moves into (what will be if he touches the ball) offside, that was happening most of the game, if we can get most of our money back Id sell him
hopefully Bissuma will be fit for some mins next game

Is everyone apathetic to the season now, or is there a correlation between winning and match thread sizes on TFC?

:troll:
I barely watched yesterday's game tbh. Just glanced up every now and again while I was doing some weeding.

Love the club and always will, but it's been the season I've enjoyed least and am switched off from it now. It's made me very negative and I'm not usually like that. Even my wife said I'm not joking around about it all and I don't think its just the football. Its the constant circus of shite piped out by the media 24/7 that I'm playing into and don't want to get sucked further into it. I shouldn't be looking at photos of the chairman and actually want to egg him. It is just a game and he's just a man who's made a string of mistakes but maybe next season he finally gets it right and it all starts coming together again bit by bit. Then maybe we get some unity back in the fanbase.

tl;dr - fuck this season and bring back hope for the next.

I barely watched yesterday's game tbh. Just glanced up every now and again while I was doing some weeding.

Love the club and always will, but it's been the season I've enjoyed least and am switched off from it now. It's made me very negative and I'm not usually like that. Even my wife said I'm not joking around about it all and I don't think its just the football. Its the constant circus of shite piped out by the media 24/7 that I'm playing into and don't want to get sucked further into it. I shouldn't be looking at photos of the chairman and actually want to egg him. It is just a game and he's just a man who's made a string of mistakes but maybe next season he finally gets it right and it all starts coming together again bit by bit. Then maybe we get some unity back in the fanbase.

tl;dr - fuck this season and bring back hope for the next.
remember back to mid 70's the season we were going down, would tell mates after most games "don't bother I'm not coming next week to watch this shower" next week phone would ring "we'll be round at 1130" and off we go to WHL or away
I just cant stop myself watching as bad as they are

Mason & Kane clear up the formation tweaks. 4-4-2 without the ball, 3-4-3 with the ball.

Also, I suspect Davies was selected as LWB/LB instead of Perisic to help contain Olise.

----------------------------------

Mason: "Ultimately we wanted to engage Palace higher up the pitch because we know they have some individual brilliance, and we wanted to avoid them getting the ball in our final third and the box running at us," he said.
"So we added a sixth man into the press and tried to be a bit more aggressive and I have to compliment the players because when you've been working in a certain way for so long to make that change at this stage of the season it's very positive for me."
Mason then admitted that the extra sixth man he added to the press was Porro, utilising the Spaniard's fitness.

Kane: "It was Ryan's first full week to work and train. We changed to 4-4-2 without the ball to get the extra man and then with the ball it was similar to our normal formation. It's nice to get on the scoresheet and when you win it feels that bit sweeter."

Spurs set next manager stance and why Ryan Mason was furious as Lenglet came off

Thought we defended well compared to recent weeks, Palace have been in good form and have some tricky players up front.
All the same problems were there in terms of slow build up play and not being able to progress the ball up the pitch. Not sure that any formation will fix that, we just have limited players in cm
Still, enjoyed it, and nice to see a win
The people booing Hojberg before kick off need a slap though

Ryan has been banging on about the players being together and playing as a team. I noticed Son tracking back, Kane clearing off the line. Romero seemed more disciplined, Royal covered Porro but Porro still mucked in.
Davies although rusty added some bite to the left.
I didn't think he had a good game or Lenglet but there were so many tweaks in defence to try and take in.
It's easy to say....its because Dier wasn't playing but there is far more too it than that.
Ryan also mentioned we had a 6th man pressing to engage Palace further up the pitch. I need help identifying who the 6th man is, my apologies.

Ryan has been banging on about the players being together and playing as a team. I noticed Son tracking back, Kane clearing off the line. Romero seemed more disciplined, Royal covered Porro but Porro still mucked in.
Davies although rusty added some bite to the left.
I didn't think he had a good game or Lenglet but there were so many tweaks in defence to try and take in.
It's easy to say....its because Dier wasn't playing but there is far more too it than that.
Ryan also mentioned we had a 6th man pressing to engage Palace further up the pitch. I need help identifying who the 6th man is, my apologies.
Porro. Mason said that himself

Not sure on the scoreline

Put your house on a clean sheet though

COYS, Traumahound
Hope you put your house on it.
1-0 feels amazing with the amount we normally ship. Palace are a tricky team so that’s a good win. Another goal to legend kane too. More importantly city won. Now for the geordies!

Is everyone apathetic to the season now, or is there a correlation between winning and match thread sizes on TFC?

:troll:
Enic & levy have sucked the love & joy out of it for many. Glad we won but wouldn’t be particularly bothered if we hadn’t. All pretty meaningless with europa or conference best we can get.

Enic & levy have sucked the love & joy out of it for many. Glad we won but wouldn’t be particularly bothered if we hadn’t. All pretty meaningless with europa or conference best we can get.

I'm happy with either and would use them to give minutes to fringe players where possible. CL is a step too far anyway if we are to go through a rebuild.

I'm happy with either and would use them to give minutes to fringe players where possible. CL is a step too far anyway if we are to go through a rebuild.
I can take or leave them. Don’t think it matters much if we don’t make either. Not good enough to win the europa anyway.

Mason & Kane clear up the formation tweaks. 4-4-2 without the ball, 3-4-3 with the ball.

Also, I suspect Davies was selected as LWB/LB instead of Perisic to help contain Olise.

Mason: "Ultimately we wanted to engage Palace higher up the pitch because we know they have some individual brilliance, and we wanted to avoid them getting the ball in our final third and the box running at us," he said.
"So we added a sixth man into the press and tried to be a bit more aggressive and I have to compliment the players because when you've been working in a certain way for so long to make that change at this stage of the season it's very positive for me."
Mason then admitted that the extra sixth man he added to the press was Porro, utilising the Spaniard's fitness.

Kane: "It was Ryan's first full week to work and train. We changed to 4-4-2 without the ball to get the extra man and then with the ball it was similar to our normal formation. It's nice to get on the scoresheet and when you win it feels that bit sweeter."

Spurs set next manager stance and why Ryan Mason was furious as Lenglet came off

Look at that. A manager that can adjust to his opponent and go so successfully!

Infinitely more entertaining than Conte/Stellini ball.
There's a reason for that. Conté never had the opportunity of having all those defenders, fully fit, on the pitch in one game. He might have had them available but Porro hadn't come out his terrible start and Emerson got injured. Davies was injured so it was Sess (until he got injured) or Perisic.

When you compare, at least compare apples with apples. Stellini tried 4 at the back with Dier and it was a Dire attempt at football. If Mason looses on of these players we'll be back to stinking up the grounds. Remember, it is Conté that Saw Emerson potential, when most of us were crying for him to be sold. I'm big enough to say, 'Sorry Conté, Maybe you knew what was actually going on'.

Lastly, Mason played a Conté system, 3-5-2 in attack, changing to 4-4-2 in defence. Look at his Inter and Chelsea games.

Well said. The difference was having 3 CBs that worked well together and WBs that were fit enough to push the whole game.

This is what Poch, Jose, and Conté Wanted, but couldn't get. We never had this quality on the field at once. If we get 1 injury in defence, we back to scrapping the barrel. Imagine how we could play if we had another 2 quality CBs. Maybe Poch, Jose and Conté were on to something. Pity Levy (Must Go), wasn't on the same page.

Royal was back and credit to him not rusty. Romero turned up and Porro defended better with Royal behind him plus Davies was back. That's quite a lot of difference to what we were doing.

Back
Top Bottom