Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe thats your personal experience but not what I have seen for myself or been told anecdotally by top level physios.

Having a long term injury and coming back 100% match sharp is bloody hard to do. He was one of our best performers prior to the injury. Be amazed if he comes back at that level into the speed of a competitive premier league midfield.

But I have no idea how bad his injury was. Just going off the amount of time he’s been sidelined for.
Being best in the team that we had 10 months doesn’t mean he’ll be as good in the team we have now.

six-million-dollar-man-lee-majors.gif
Think he cost more than that

He stood out because all others bar Kane were rubbish last year. This time it’s different and a different system so let’s wait and see.

What has that got to do with how he has recovered from an injury?

Put it another way - do you think the injury will make him a better or worse player in his first month back?

It feels like we could see a fair few changes on Monday (some enforced, ie: Bissouma out) but I could see at least 2 out of Gil, Veliz or Johnson all end up starting this one...

Vicario
Porro
Romero🤞🏼
VDV
Sarr
Hoijberg?
Johnson/Gil
Maddison
Kulu
Son🤞🏼/ Veliz?

Obviously I do not want any of our players to be injured but I am happy with our squad options and am confident Ange will make the right decisions.

If Sonny’s played through a groin problem then he needs to be rested. We need to think long term and should be okay against Fulham without him, or not start him. Need him cherry ripe for Chelsea

If Sonny’s played through a groin problem then he needs to be rested. We need to think long term and should be okay against Fulham without him, or not start him. Need him cherry ripe for Chelsea

Fulham Monday then Palace on Friday, Chelsea follows about 10 days later on Monday 6 Nov. so son has about 10 days rest post Palace

It feels like we could see a fair few changes on Monday (some enforced, ie: Bissouma out) but I could see at least 2 out of Gil, Veliz or Johnson all end up starting this one...

Vicario
Porro
Romero🤞🏼
VDV
Sarr
Hoijberg?
Johnson/Gil
Maddison
Kulu
Son🤞🏼/ Veliz?

If Paul O'Keefe is broadly correct I think we find Son and Johnson start, but if any lingering fears of injury they only play 60 or 70 minutes, which should allow them both to play similar minutes against Palace on Friday. Both important as goalscorers - Gil and Veliz are unproven as goalscorers in PL so we need Son and Johnson on Friday.

I think we may see a few other subs v Fulham given the Friday match.

Vicario
Porro
Romero🤞🏼
VDV
Sarr (sub Skipp 60/70 mins)
Hoijberg
Johnson ( sub Gil 60/70 mins)
Maddison
Kulu
Son🤞🏼( sub Veliz 60/70 mins)

If Sonny is fit he needs to be starting. We have already seen what a rotated side looks like vs these guys. We are forced into rotating Biss for PEH. Let’s not rotate any more than we need to.

Son's strengths lie in his endless energy and work rate along with excellent finishing. Ange has done well to instruct him to work his balls off for 60 mins; and then get subbed for a rest.

If he isn't able to give 100% for 45, it may be better to start him on the bench and give him the final 30.

Back
Top Bottom