Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No we never accepted. So we never tried to win?
Forster-former England keeper
Royal- Brazil international
Davies- welsh international
Sanchez-Colombian international
VDV-In the Dutch squad now
Hojbjerg-Danish international
Skipp- England under 21
Perisic- Croatian international
Solomon-Israeli international
Lo Celso - Argentina international
Richarlison- Brazil’s number 9

If a manager puts out a team full of international players with probably about 400 caps between and get accused of not trying to win then we are being unrealistic and unreasonable.
I understand that some of those are not players we want at our club and we deem not good enough but that’s a line up that shouldn’t be classed as not wanting to win.
You need to read what you've written and reconsider your point.

Forster has never been Englands first choice keeper, and some of the players levels at international level aren't the points you think they are.

Many of this team have been stalwarts of the Mourinho/Conte era and not been good enough when it mattered, perhaps Perisic aside who is probably the most experienced and only valid player in the list.

Still fuming from going out in round 2. How people get away with poor excuses in cup football is beyond me. We are not in europe and we go to premier league opponents and make 9 changes. And the brains behind sanchez taking a penalty wtf that all about. Fans getting robbed disgarce no excuse.

I don't know why anyone is actually surprised. We haven't taken cup matches seriously for some time. I was about as unsurprised as it is possible to be.

I have long standing Spurs mates who genuinely believe they will never see Spurs win another trophy.

A sad state of affairs for a 'big club'.
So this is the thing now.

I was fuming and still pretty hurt leaving Bramall Lane against Sheffield United in the FA Cup last season.

Yesterday leaving Fulham, I wasn't even bothered we'd lost and even today I'm not.
The defeatist attitude has become normalised and that starts from the top, Levy is more interested in top 4 because he runs a business.

Fans like me live more in hope than expectation that we will put a decent cup run together, let alone win one. It was a shame stadiums were empty during Covid when we last got to a final. I think that will be the last time for a long while before we get close to another final.

Here me out on this, come January we will be having the same conversation after we bow out of the FA Cup.

No we never accepted. So we never tried to win?
Forster-former England keeper
Royal- Brazil international
Davies- welsh international
Sanchez-Colombian international
VDV-In the Dutch squad now
Hojbjerg-Danish international
Skipp- England under 21
Perisic- Croatian international
Solomon-Israeli international
Lo Celso - Argentina international
Richarlison- Brazil’s number 9

If a manager puts out a team full of international players with probably about 400 caps between and get accused of not trying to win then we are being unrealistic and unreasonable.
I understand that some of those are not players we want at our club and we deem not good enough but that’s a line up that shouldn’t be classed as not wanting to win.
We never gave ourselves the best chance of winning, we would have played the majority of our best players if we wanted to do that. That;s where we went wrong and where the critisism comes from.

If you need to use the fact that a player plays for his country to judge them, then I can't help you.
Judge them on how they play for us not their country. There's a reason why they are back up players..
A few at a time is not too painful, but 9 is ridiculous and why we lost, playing for their country or not.

Can't see why some fans are getting all defensive over Big Ange.
He made a mistake, hopefully he has learnt from that, its frustrating but we move on.
He is going to make many more and also make many more great decisions aswell.

You need to read what you've written and reconsider your point.

Forster has never been Englands first choice keeper, and some of the players levels at international level aren't the points you think they are.

Many of this team have been stalwarts of the Mourinho/Conte era and not been good enough when it mattered, perhaps Perisic aside who is probably the most experienced and only valid player in the list.
I’m only pointing out that it’s still a team full of international players and the manager obviously trusted them to go out and win.

Still fuming from going out in round 2. How people get away with poor excuses in cup football is beyond me. We are not in europe and we go to premier league opponents and make 9 changes. And the brains behind sanchez taking a penalty wtf that all about. Fans getting robbed disgarce no excuse.
I don't get the 9 changes, I mean would we do that if we were playing a champions league match on a Tuesday?

I think the players volunteer to take penalties.

Last edited:

I remember when we was all saying, no Europe next year but probably a blessing so we can focus on cups and get this trophy drought off our backs

:levyeyes:

:vdvcry:

As a counter point: does sticking 9 squad members in together without the experience of playing together allow the good players to stand out? Excellent players should stand out but those 'mid-squad' members will probably always look bad. Therefore, can one game amongst comparative strangers be used as a suitable measure of performance?
probably not. There's certainly some middle ground. I'm not entirely sure what last night achieved TBH.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the positive reaction when we pulled Fulham (A) in the draw. It's a Premier League team away from home yet people were behaving like we got lucky with the draw. Only when I saw that Fulham had always put out a weak team in this cup did I think ok, maybe we'll be fine.

Fuck y'all for lowering my defences!

We never gave ourselves the best chance of winning, we would have played the majority of our best players if we wanted to do that. That;s where we went wrong and where the critisism comes from.

If you need to use the fact that a player plays for his country to judge them, then I can't help you.
Judge them on how they play for us not their country. There's a reason why they are back up players..
A few at a time is not too painful, but 9 is ridiculous and why we lost, playing for their country or not.
I do agree with you on the 9 changes not working. I would have hoped we had only put Perisic and Solomon in and try get a bit of continuity. It’s done and what it did show is rotation is shit 🤣🤣🤣

Subs were a bit all over the place tonight; feel if we made the right ones at half time we would have won easily
Think Ange lost the plot a bit. He was very tetchy in the presser. I’m sure he was about to say richi’s passing was shite then he said everyone. Ange is in big league now and he needs to learn fast.

Fingers crossed, mate. The thought of our backup options if he's crocked makes me shudder
Hence need fir CB and £50M on Johnson. After last night Ange needs to grow a pair and tell levy! Also think his lost a bit kudus and power after making 9 changes abd saying he needed to look at players. Not in a fucking KO cup gane with not ET.. 4/5 changes is ok. Just imagine say gio with Biss and Sarr in midfiekd. Surely Gio should play as an alternative to madd in first choice midfiekd not with 2 donkeys. It’s unfair then he gets criticised. He needs to be playing like for like so if madd was to get injured gio would play with Biss and Sarr. His not gonna play with PEH and skipp is he?

Up the owners butt?

If anything I blame Levy for last night far more than Ange.

He’s the reason we’ve got the current load of shit we can’t get rid of.

Learn to read, Sol Campbell.

P.S You aren’t a spurs fan/supporter. End of.
I beg to differ. I'm supporter. Not a Fan. I'm not happy with 4th place. I'm not happy not winning the FA Cup and not happy going out to Fulham in the Carabou Cup.

Back
Top Bottom