Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steady on old chap....

Is that cos the England Womens' team are too busy doing their nails and lippy, and clothes shopping...?

I think the 1970's want their opinion back!

There's probably quite a few league teams who would struggle against them!!!
You reckon quite a few MENS league teams would struggle against the England womens team ? Have I got that right ?

What's wrong with pointing out mistakes made, that cost us our best chance of a trophy?

Doesn't have to mean we can't wait until we fuck up, it just means we are pointing out where mistakes were made.
No harm in that ffs.
Go and read the match thread while the game was on. At one point Forster was called a fat cunt!!! But only at the penalties because he got praised for making good saves during the game. That’s can’t wait till we fuck up. We are all disappointed we never got through and the reasons why but it’s not the end of the world. We drew a game and lost on pens.
There’s no harm in pointing out mistakes but it’s got to be realistic and rational. We are in a transitional period and things are going well. Getting knocked out is a blow but I’m pretty sure we all think we are further forward than we thought we’d be.

Surely no one is seriously losing the faith of the opening 3 games because we lost to a strong Prem team away from home with our B team?

We move on. Burnley at the weekend. Get 3 points, 10 from 12 heading into the international break.
Exactly. The delusional ones will lose the faith till we win again. They must be knackered jumpin on and off the bandwagon

Sorry, he was awful. Yeah no more awful than some of the others (totally agree about Royal - had his oxygen tent collapsed the night before or something?) but still a brainless calamity. In some ways, I'm not sorry because hopefully it means that Ange will realise he can't rely on him and encourage Levy to move him on.
No - he wasn't awful.
Not extraordinary
Not MotM
Not world class

but he was a long way from awful

certainly in comparison with Royal, or Davies

Interesting that Postecoglou didn't dismiss outright the possibility that the 3rd kit played a part in the poor quality of passing.

Journo posed the question and claimed it as serious, and Ange responded as saying that "he didn't know" as a serious response to the question.

No, at least we would have given it a good go and tried to win it.
Last night we accepted defeat without trying
No we never accepted. So we never tried to win?
Forster-former England keeper
Royal- Brazil international
Davies- welsh international
Sanchez-Colombian international
VDV-In the Dutch squad now
Hojbjerg-Danish international
Skipp- England under 21
Perisic- Croatian international
Solomon-Israeli international
Lo Celso - Argentina international
Richarlison- Brazil’s number 9

If a manager puts out a team full of international players with probably about 400 caps between and get accused of not trying to win then we are being unrealistic and unreasonable.
I understand that some of those are not players we want at our club and we deem not good enough but that’s a line up that shouldn’t be classed as not wanting to win.

The positives

VdV looks very very good. Loved when he matched Traore for pace
Son looked sharp when he came on
Rich got his goal

I think the negatives have been covered a little bit already :dawsonlol:

But I will add that I think Skipp looks miles off it - if he was a signing and hadn't come through the academy he would be getting pelters in here.

Also haven't seen much mention of Fulham - they'd just come off the back of a great result away at Arse and they made it really difficult for us first half.

Wish we'd changed it earlier as the game was there to be won second half

Icing on the cake was no trains back from Tottenham Hale. COYS

Extremely frustrating!!

And i think you can angle this two ways!

1. It was Ange who picked the team! And obviously he felt it was necessary to rotate the whole team! I haven't checked the fixture list, but don't we have like 3 games in 7 days?

2. It's totally on the board/owners that we don't have a good enough squad to rest/rotate players.
I don't see clubs like City, Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool go out of the cups early every year when they rotate/rest players!
Option 2 , has and always will be a problem with our owners

Go and read the match thread while the game was on. At one point Forster was called a fat cunt!!! But only at the penalties because he got praised for making good saves during the game. That’s can’t wait till we fuck up. We are all disappointed we never got through and the reasons why but it’s not the end of the world. We drew a game and lost on pens.
There’s no harm in pointing out mistakes but it’s got to be realistic and rational. We are in a transitional period and things are going well. Getting knocked out is a blow but I’m pretty sure we all think we are further forward than we thought we’d be.
Well I never said that so I can't speak for every single fan.

We didn't need to lose last night and should not have made 9 changes. That was irresponsible and the reason we are out of another cup competition.
I've said many times, i'm not changing my opinion on Ange but I have every right to point out where I think we went wrong.

Extremely frustrating!!

And i think you can angle this two ways!

1. It was Ange who picked the team! And obviously he felt it was necessary to rotate the whole team! I haven't checked the fixture list, but don't we have like 3 games in 7 days?

2. It's totally on the board/owners that we don't have a good enough squad to rest/rotate players.
I don't see clubs like City, Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool go out of the cups early every year when they rotate/rest players!

Even option 1 loops back to option 2. Lack of squad depth prevents major rotation.

Well I never said that so I can't speak for every single fan.

We didn't need to lose last night and should not have made 9 changes. That was irresponsible and the reason we are out of another cup competition.
I've said many times, i'm not changing my opinion on Ange but I have every right to point out where I think we went wrong.
I don’t think we should’ve made 9 either. We didn’t try to lose though! That’s madness. We could have played Saturday’s team and lost in the 90 mins.

Back
Top Bottom