Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its very frustrating that there wasn't a need for such wholesale changes in a winnable game about three or four maybe .Surely a lot of the guys on show last night have displayed enough over the last couple of years for anyone at the club to know about them .We have blown one of our two chances to actually win something already. I wish we had owners that wanted to win an actual trophy and not just qualify for a competition that would require a miracle to trump all miracles to actually win it .

200.gif

I don’t disagree about the amount of changes.

I do disagree about ‘not taking it seriously’.

Like I said, I now think Ange has learnt all he needs to know about the players we are trying to offload.

Let’s hope something is proactively done about it.
Bringing Scarlett on at half time suggested to me that ange didn’t give a toss about winning last night especially with Maddison and son sat on the bench

With our strongest team by the time the competition final comes around? No reason why not.

These are very early days in the Ange era and the only way he was going to work out who he can rely on before the window closes was to shove them all on the pitch and see how they respond. I don't think making nine changes from the off was the way to do it but I understand the reasoning and it's for this reason that I've made my peace with it.

Also, we played abysmally for the most part and they were all over us at times but we still drew. Fulham offered no more in the final third than we did and a pen shoot-out is fundamentally a flip of the coin.

Clear out the has-beens and in with the new and hungry.
No problem with your last line, as I said earlier, that was the major benefit of last night's game.
Soldiers in peace can all shine their boots, march in time and keep their rifle clean, but you never find out how good they are until they are under pressure, taking incoming fire or being asked to throw themselves into battle. Ange will have confirmed things he thought he knew and possibly discovered things he he didn't realise.
The same tired voices bitching about the same players, making the same accusations, and yet Sanchez was far from our poorest performer last night - but the hard of thinking will cement their prejudice because he missed a penalty.
Skipp ( who I have always felt was ordinary) was invisible, Peresic was no help until his marker was getting new boots and finally put a telling cross in, and Royal played like his laces were tied together. Richie's poor form continued, but bless him, he got a goal despite having the control of a pissed baby elephant for most of the game and GLC totally failed to exert any influence on the midfield. Yet our possession of the ball was greater than theirs, who made up for their shortcomings with massive levels of industry.
Not a great game, decided by a lottery.
Certainly not the catastrophic debacle that the TFC hysteria machine is making it out to be.

Haha, it's tinpot because we haven't won one for 30 years.

I guess the Champions League is tinpot too because clubs from Bulgaria & Hungary play in it.
I was joking about The FA Cups' 'tinpot status'

...the point I was trying to make, is that for people to write off the League Cup as somehow 'beneath us' (though gawd knows why) are missing the point that you COULD argue it's harder to win, due to the level of League opposition in every round...

Wholesale changes aside (which effectively only seem to affect us) every club competing in it, is a league club... Thass all.

That song is fucking shit. Big Ange or the original it’s musical garbage.

We need to bin that shit off promptly.
Thank fuck.

I thought I was the only one.

It doesn't matter how many times I hear that song, as soon as it finishes I couldn't begin to hum even five seconds of the melody. It must be the most forgettable song ever.

How it's been granted a similar status to Hey Jude or Satisfaction or whatever classic song you prefer is a mystery to me.

The same tired voices bitching about the same players, making the same accusations, and yet Sanchez was far from our poorest performer last night - but the hard of thinking will cement their prejudice because he missed a penalty.
Sorry, he was awful. Yeah no more awful than some of the others (totally agree about Royal - had his oxygen tent collapsed the night before or something?) but still a brainless calamity. In some ways, I'm not sorry because hopefully it means that Ange will realise he can't rely on him and encourage Levy to move him on.

Or, alternatively find out about how the remaining squad members might fit (or not) into what will become a selective group based on their abilities and their desire to be in,

Early pain is better than long term suffering. I'm in.
Unfortunately, all this has done is divide the squad into those who can, and those who cannot!

I still don't see why NINE changes were necessary... Keep the spine predominantly 1st team, and sprinkle the squad players around...

I had no problem with Solomon starting ahead of Son/Kulu, as he's an unknown quantity...
Even Scarlett could've surprised a few... but didn't!

Forster, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Skipp AND Hoijberg however ARE very much known quantities...

To have all FIVE in the starting line up wasn't gonna tell us anything we didn't already know...
It was inviting trouble!

Back
Top Bottom