Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t disagree about the amount of changes.

I do disagree about ‘not taking it seriously’.

Like I said, I now think Ange has learnt all he needs to know about the players we are trying to offload.

Let’s hope something is proactively done about it.
The 'not taking it seriously' comes from playing a piss poor 11.

Strange choice of team,and we paid for it. If we had started with at least 10 of the 11 that finished the game, different result. Pissed off,as that's the easiest cup to win and we blew it at the first hurdle. Onwards and upwards.

COYS

By playing players who are not good enough to play in the first team that's how.

Hey guess what, if we played our winning team we might have been out of sight before penalties.
Who'd have thought.

Every single one of those players who played tonight with the exception of Forster had played for the first team this season in a team that's won 7 points from a possible 9.

I saw people asking for Perisic and Solomon to start. I saw people say we needed to rotate our midfield. I saw people bringing Emerson in for Porro in the match thread.

Youre talking hypothetical. Theres absolutely zero guarantee we win that game with our strongest team at all. Do you think Fulham would have just rolled over or something?

A lot of players last night were given the opportunity they could press for a starting berth in the league. They failed.

I have generally been kind to the likes of Davies, Hojbjerg but the drop off in quality from Udogie and Bissouma to them is huge.
It's not just an issue of player quality. If an entire team underperforms there are deeper underlying issues.

No team and no group of players will look good in a completely changed team. If you put PEH on instead of Sarr this weekend he'll look serviceable. Same goes for Emerson if he was to come in for Porro at the weekend, or Solomon ahead of Son.

This is the actual issue with switching out an entire team for a cup fixture, not only are the players worse individually but they, as a team, lack cohesion and familiarity with each other.

It was extremely arrogant to put out this sort of team... unless the club actually don't care if we win it or not.

It's not the end of the world, but if you're not critical of us essentially throwing a competition because we don't rate it as an insitution, I don't understand why you even watch football. The CC Is our biggest chance for a trophy yet we don't even try.

Hopefully they learned their lesson and don't do the same in the FA cup.

I was annoyed last night, but now it’s locked away in the deep dark vault of avoidable Tottenham cup exits in the back of my mind.

Bring on Burnley.

I thought that was Conte's 'thing'??

Don't tell me EVERY Spurs manager from hereon in is only here to make a point to Levy??
Nah probably not but given that realistically the fa and league trophies are the ones available to us, 9 changes appears to be an odd choice...particularly against another premier League team.

The 'not taking it seriously' comes from playing a piss poor 11.

He said he wanted to see how they went. He has now seen.

Fucking get over it for Christ sake. I can taste your tears from here and I’ve currently lost my sense of taste and smell!!

Bring on Burnley and a return to Ange hall with the first team.

Enjoy your day (if you can!)

Although to be honest. I don't think the big man did a job on the pens.

He had a good game, with a superb save but the pens were a bit too easy, especially as most went down the same side.
True dat. I thought they all had bottles with diagrams on showing info about the takers. Maybe Fraser had it upside down?

He said he wanted to see how they went. He has now seen.

Fucking deal with it for Christ sake. I can taste your tears from here and I’ve currently lost my sense of taste and smell!!

Bring on Burnley and a return to Ange hall with the first team.

Enjoy your day (if you can!)
He has seen but at the cost of a trophy. That's the mistake.

It's alright to say he made a mistake for Christ sake.

Realistically, do you think that we are viably going to win it?
With our strongest team by the time the competition final comes around? No reason why not.

These are very early days in the Ange era and the only way he was going to work out who he can rely on before the window closes was to shove them all on the pitch and see how they respond. I don't think making nine changes from the off was the way to do it but I understand the reasoning and that's why I've made my peace with it.

Also, we played abysmally for the most part and they were all over us at times but we still drew. Fulham offered no more in the final third than we did and a pen shoot-out is fundamentally a flip of the coin.

Clear out the has-beens and in with the new and hungry.

You totally miss the Bus. Your head is so far up the owners Butt, you not seeing the sunlight.

I'm definitely not a TFC Fan. I have been a TFC Supporter for the past 35 years. Big difference.

A Fan takes selfies in the Big Shinny stadium, Loves the Team because of One or two players, smiles and waves Win or Loose.

A Supporter on the other and, Supports the team. Has an interest in the team. He lives in the hope of Glory. He fights that the Team comes first and shinny stadiums comes second.

What glory is there in Top4? Football is war and we the Team that are happy to be 4th last to die. What Bullshit.
Last 2 words totally sum up your post content.
Good job

I would be surprised, if in the interview, Levy hasn’t made it clear that CL qualification is the main target as it bankrolls the club and transfers. It’s naive to think this isn’t the case and that winning a trophy was a ‘nice to have’ if possible. Ange must has been onboard with this, the worst tonight does it show we need rid and we need to sign pronto
As a counter point: does sticking 9 squad members in together without the experience of playing together allow the good players to stand out? Excellent players should stand out but those 'mid-squad' members will probably always look bad. Therefore, can one game amongst comparative strangers be used as a suitable measure of performance?

those that think it was OK to make the 9 changes maybe right
but this season the manager has decided to play 433, he must have been training the team to play that way
SO WHY when he makes the first sub in an important game (the chance to go on to win a cup) he takes off the creative MF and replaced him with a CF, and the team have to change formation to 424, using 2 CF's that don't well off another CF

So much over-reaction here by a bunch of clowns. Our second string lost on penalties to a fellow prem teams virtual first team.

Bad draw but the changes were needed. Anges style requires high energy and this early in the season players are still building fitness. Resting our most important players and looking at which of our second string can be relied upon was necessary. Stop crying you bunch of overgrown babies.
Did Fulham not make 5 changes? Not really their virtual first team

Why can people like yourself never come up with an argument that has any fact to it?

I been supporting Spurs for 33 years and not much "syrup" has come from. You gotta up your standards slightly. Crawl out of that cave you buried yourself in. Winning is rather a Blissful experience.
You sure it’s Spurs you’ve been supporting and you’re not a gooner troll as you seem to be posting rubbish with the deliberate intention of winding genuine fans up?! 😂

Every single one of those players who played tonight with the exception of Forster had played for the first team this season in a team that's won 7 points from a possible 9.

I saw people asking for Perisic and Solomon to start. I saw people say we needed to rotate our midfield. I saw people bringing Emerson in for Porro in the match thread.

Youre talking hypothetical. Theres absolutely zero guarantee we win that game with our strongest team at all. Do you think Fulham would have just rolled over or something?
You're chatting shit Totti

If we'd have played our strongest team we would've had a much better chance of winning that match

No guarantees of course but at least we'd have given ourselves the best possible chance

Some of us want to see our team win a trophy, the horror of it right? Only been 15 years and counting

Back
Top Bottom