Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To challenge for the league, you need a winners mentality, thinking a major trophy is crap and beneath us is not having a winners mentality.
Man city won it last year and used it as a springboard to win everything else.

Again take it up with the club. This isn’t Ange specific this is every manager with us, this is the club making league position priority number one.

To challenge for the league, you need a winners mentality, thinking a major trophy is crap and beneath us is not having a winners mentality.
Man city won it last year and used it as a springboard to win everything else.
Man City lost to relegated Southampton and went onto win the treble.

Like I said I think we overdid the rotation but playing the first XI, like I said, would have been overkill and would have taught Ange nothing.
Fulham have Marco Silva there who has spent a whole season getting to know his squad across league and Cup competitions. It doesn't bear comparison to us in terms of knowing who to trust within their respective squads.
Ange will hopefully have learned a lot from tonight. Trust the process. I think we have seen enough in the first few PL matches to know that we have a manager who we should stick behind and support. We lost tonight. It sucks. But we have to learn and move on.
Oh hes learned plenty. Fingers crossed some of these players get moved rapid after he has seen them last night.

That's what I'm doing.
He's not told what team to pick, he chose that team last night and it cost us the chance of winning a trophy.

No but any manager with us will be told the league league league. Jose got to a cup final and was sacked. Ange isn’t stupid, if he is told it’s less important he will use it to test his second string. If you want the managers to take it seriously then the board need to amend priorities.

I didn’t get why fans are shocked we made 9 changes. Not only will a manager want to see their second string but this is the club culture.

Pretty much every manager we have for the last 10-20 years puts our weak teams in the cups. You don’t have to be Einstein to work out the club makes it clear to our managers the league and European qualification is the goal.
Do you think the cups are a priority for Fulham? They made 6 changes. I doubt they're a priority for Bournemouth, and they rotated 7, against lower league opposition. 9 is a pisstake.
I thought he struggled, couldn’t deal any time Fulham pressed, Bissouma would have dealt with that. Lo Celso and Skipp hardly ripped up trees either. Midfield worked hard but lacked quality.
He couldn't play out of the press, but that's not his skillset, he made some great passes from deep in the second half.

No but any manager with us will be told the league league league. Jose got to a cup final and was sacked. Ange isn’t stupid, if he is told it’s less important he will use it to test his second string. If you want the managers to take it seriously then the board need to amend priorities.
Ange told us he loves winning no matter what the competition is. .
Didn't look like that last night

Ah so one loss and that’s it.
You’re not a spurs fan fella. Never have been, and you never will be.

Grow up.

Pathetic.
You totally miss the Bus. Your head is so far up the owners Butt, you not seeing the sunlight.

I'm definitely not a TFC Fan. I have been a TFC Supporter for the past 35 years. Big difference.

A Fan takes selfies in the Big Shinny stadium, Loves the Team because of One or two players, smiles and waves Win or Loose.

A Supporter on the other and, Supports the team. Has an interest in the team. He lives in the hope of Glory. He fights that the Team comes first and shinny stadiums comes second.

What glory is there in Top4? Football is war and we the Team that are happy to be 4th last to die. What Bullshit.

I don't know why anyone is actually surprised. We haven't taken cup matches seriously for some time. I was about as unsurprised as it is possible to be.

I have long standing Spurs mates who genuinely believe they will never see Spurs win another trophy.

A sad state of affairs for a 'big club'.

He couldn't play out of the press, but that's not his skillset, he made some great passes from deep in the second half.

Yes but in our system that is the main requirement. We need ball players for what we want to do.

Do you think the cups are a priority for Fulham? They made 6 changes. I doubt they're a priority for Bournemouth, and they rotated 7, against lower league opposition. 9 is a pisstake.

They might me more of a priority for Fulham than us yes if we 100% focus on the league.

Ange told us he loves winning no matter what the competition is. .
Didn't look like that last night

He isn’t going to say I love losing is he. This is Ange’s biggest chance and reality is he needs to make Levy happy, getting back in Europe will do that.

I don't know why anyone is actually surprised. We haven't taken cup matches seriously for some time. I was about as unsurprised as it is possible to be.

I have long standing Spurs mates who genuinely believe they will never see Spurs win another trophy.

Exactly this. There was no need to put out a weak team. It's not as if we are going for a league title. It's bloody August!

I guess we had hope when Ange said he loves winning, no matter what the competition. .
For once we had belief that we could actually win a trophy but to see that debacle last night is a let down.

Back
Top Bottom