Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!
We've been fed this crap for years. Some they joined Spurs knowing Levy bullshit. They claim DNA and Fighting, etc, yet all the know is Daniel Levy Bullshit.

People were quick on the Ange Bus, now it's showing its route and is clearly the opposite direction of what Supporters want.

He talks about seeing what they like? He should do that with 1 or 2 at a time, not change the whole squad. He is briefed for Top 4. Just like all other managers where.

Ange Ball my Arse. No different to any before him.

You can rotate all Celtic players and still win away vs Haggis FC, this doesn't work in the Premier League. I hope he learned that now.
The fact is though, in his first League Cup game against Hearts, he fielded his strongest XI.

The whole 9 wholesale changes is completely out of character in my opinion.

We've been fed this crap for years. Some they joined Spurs knowing Levy bullshit. They claim DNA and Fighting, etc, yet all the know is Daniel Levy Bullshit.

People were quick on the Ange Bus, now it's showing its route and is clearly the opposite direction of what Supporters want.

He talks about seeing what they like? He should do that with 1 or 2 at a time, not change the whole squad. He is briefed for Top 4. Just like all other managers where.

Ah so one loss and that’s it.
You’re not a spurs fan fella. Never have been, and you never will be.

Grow up.

Pathetic.

The abuse flying about is nothing short of embarrassing. Honestly,there’s so many who can’t wait for the shit to hit the fan and blame everything.
It’s a game of fucking football. We’ve went 4 games and not lost yet. Penalties are a lottery and yes the big man never got near any and kept diving the same way but he had some good saves in the game. We all have players we are not keen on and it’s up for debate if Sanchez should have hit one I’m not going to throw him under the bus. for it though. Again there’s a few that were on the pitch that probably shouldn’t be near the team and Ange will take responsibility for that. The meltdown of many is actually laughable though. If we went to Fulham in a league game and drew 1-1 it would be deemed as not a terrible result. Going out the cup this early in a competition we had thoughts of maybe winning is disappointing but what we will now have is complete consistency in our line up and week to week we will have our strongest team on the pitch.

Wow you are patient.

It's funny that some on here talk about the club lacking ambition but then have a moan up when we don't perform in the The Crapao Cup.
Is the Crapao cup, as you so maturely call it, beneath us?
With no Europe it was obvious we had to throw everything we had at winning this and/or the FA cup.

If the Crapao cup is not worth trying for, perhaps you can tell us what is.?

Is the Crapao cup, as you so maturely call it, beneath us?
With no Europe it was obvious we had to throw everything we had at winning this and/or the FA cup.

If the Crapao cup is not worth trying for, perhaps you can tell us what is.?
I'm not the representative voice. Many in our fanbase say we lack ambition as a club.

Ambitious clubs don't see this Cup as a priority, but rather the league, FA Cup & Champions League.

The abuse flying about is nothing short of embarrassing. Honestly,there’s so many who can’t wait for the shit to hit the fan and blame everything.
It’s a game of fucking football. We’ve went 4 games and not lost yet. Penalties are a lottery and yes the big man never got near any and kept diving the same way but he had some good saves in the game. We all have players we are not keen on and it’s up for debate if Sanchez should have hit one I’m not going to throw him under the bus. for it though. Again there’s a few that were on the pitch that probably shouldn’t be near the team and Ange will take responsibility for that. The meltdown of many is actually laughable though. If we went to Fulham in a league game and drew 1-1 it would be deemed as not a terrible result. Going out the cup this early in a competition we had thoughts of maybe winning is disappointing but what we will now have is complete consistency in our line up and week to week we will have our strongest team on the pitch.

GREAT post.

There’s a small but vocal section of ‘fans’ on here who can’t wait for us to fuck up just so they can have their daily whinge and their ‘told you so’s’.

It’s fucking boring tbh.

I get in the immediate aftermath of a loss letting off a bit of steam. That’s understandable.

But there’s a small number of certain posters who go way beyond that. Like they live for it.

Sad. Very sad.

It's funny that some on here talk about the club lacking ambition but then have a moan up when we don't perform in the The Crapao Cup.
A cup we've been unable to win in 15 years and counting now...

I'd wager it's probably a HARDER competition to win, due to the fact there are no Non-League teams involved!

Unlike yer tin pot FA Cup who has all comers in it...

You could get a few favourable draws against non league teams a coupla rounds in a row, and suddenly find yourself in the Qtr Finals!! Big whoop!!!

Every team in the League Cup is a LEAGUE CLUB!!
that immediately makes every opposition potentially trickier...

I'm not the representative voice. Many in our fanbase say we lack ambition as a club.

Ambitious clubs don't see this Cup as a priority, but rather the league, FA Cup & Champions League.
Well we aren't in the champions league, we won't win the league, so how is going for the two cups we can win, unambitious?

Man city, the most ambitious club possibly in the world, threw everything they had at winning the league cup, and treated it as a very major trophy, so are better and above them?

Listen to his press conf. Either total BS or complete disrespect for spurs fans. Basically said “how else I’m gonna see what they are like” thanks MATE! Has he not seen videos of them! What about the fans at the gane they’ve seen them enough times they don’t need to see they are shite again. Most we are trying to sell any way so why does he need to see them. How about respecting the club and fans and play a strong team as we want to see our team win.
For all recent Ange hype his done himself no favours with that gane tonight. Team selection, bud reason for it, half time sun of Dane wtf was that about, after going level not doing anything to keep it up and let Fulham back in, too late with subs, Sanchez taking a pen, etc. sorry but as a lot of people on the channels have said this is all on Ange . And to for him to say it was do that he could see the players is unbelievable. At least fucking own up and say you hit it Sri g and apologies to the fans that went for probably one of the worst halves of football for ages. Imagine if Jose or conte served that up!
I agree 100% on the way to work I’ve been listening to him spouting shit and endless platitudes - I think he thinks his playing fifa and it’s all a game - over 6000 of us there last night and forget the team selection the performance was unacceptable and he needs to acknowledge that and take responsibility for it

A cup we've been unable to win in 15 years and counting now...

I'd wager it's probably a HARDER competition to win, due to the fact there are no Non-League teams involved!

Unlike yer tin pot FA Cup who has all comers in it...

You could get a few favourable draws against non league teams a coupla rounds in a row, and suddenly find yourself in the Qtr Finals!! Big whoop!!!

Every team in the League Cup is a LEAGUE CLUB!!
that immediately makes every opposition potentially trickier...

Haha, it's tinpot because we haven't won one for 30 years.

I guess the Champions League is tinpot too because clubs from Bulgaria & Hungary play in it.

Good post.

There is proper delusion amongst our fanbase.

We lost a football match on penalties and the same people just feel like it's a perfect time to start moaning again.

Ange has been here for four matches, won 2, drew 1 and lost on penalties.

He's completely overhauled the style of play yet there are fans having hissy fits after drawing 1-1 effectively.

It's embarrassing the reaction on here.

GREAT post.

There’s a small but vocal section of ‘fans’ on here who can’t wait for us to fuck up just so they can have their daily whinge and their ‘told you so’s’.

It’s fucking boring tbh.

I get in the immediate aftermath of a loss letting off a bit of steam. That’s understandable.

But there’s a small number of certain posters who go way beyond that. Like they live for it.

Sad. Very sad.
What's wrong with pointing out mistakes made, that cost us our best chance of a trophy?

Doesn't have to mean we can't wait until we fuck up, it just means we are pointing out where mistakes were made.
No harm in that ffs.

Does that mean Man City aren't ambitious either??
They seem to take it pretty seriously, and funnily enough, seem to win it pretty regularly too!!!

Small time Mancs!!

Back
Top Bottom