Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange told us he loves winning no matter what the competition is. .
Didn't look like that last night

Well that depends.

What if we played our frst eleven (maybe two or three changes) and still went out on penalties? Does that change the narrative of not wanting to win or is that just bad luck?

Yes but in our system that is the main requirement. We need ball players for what we want to do.

They might me more of a priority for Fulham than us yes if we 100% focus on the league.
There are few players who can play out of a high press without any help, I'm not holding it against Hojbjerg.

And no, Fulham will not be focused on trying to win the Carabao cup, come on.

I don't know why anyone is actually surprised. We haven't taken cup matches seriously for some time. I was about as unsurprised as it is possible to be.

I have long standing Spurs mates who genuinely believe they will never see Spurs win another trophy.

A sad state of affairs for a 'big club'.

I am no lover of Jose but we sacked him days before a cup final, we would probably have lost anyway but the point is the club has never looked in the last two decades like it takes the league or FA Cup seriously. Even when we do well it seems more shock than anything. We focus on league position and that is that.

There are few players who can play out of a high press without any help, I'm not holding it against Hojbjerg.

And no, Fulham will not be focused on trying to win the Carabao cup, come on.

I am not either, he is a good player but totally unsuited to this style of football.

No, at least we would have given it a good go and tried to win it.
Last night we accepted defeat without trying

We went 1-0 down and got back into the game before losing on penalties. How is that accepting defeat without trying? 😂😂😂

Fucking hell, you lot are going on like we rested the whole team and lost 4-0

We are laughed at for not winning trophies but yet we still have fans who accept it and make excuses for it.

I love big ange and am the most optimistic I've been for years but he got it wrong last night and cost us the chance of a trophy.

We went 1-0 down and got back into the game before losing on penalties. How is that accepting defeat without trying? 😂😂😂

Fucking hell, you lot are going on like we rested the whole team and lost 4-0
By playing players who are not good enough to play in the first team that's how.

Hey guess what, if we played our winning team we might have been out of sight before penalties.
Who'd have thought.

You totally miss the Bus. Your head is so far up the owners Butt, you not seeing the sunlight.

I'm definitely not a TFC Fan. I have been a TFC Supporter for the past 35 years. Big difference.

A Fan takes selfies in the Big Shinny stadium, Loves the Team because of One or two players, smiles and waves Win or Loose.

A Supporter on the other and, Supports the team. Has an interest in the team. He lives in the hope of Glory. He fights that the Team comes first and shinny stadiums comes second.

What glory is there in Top4? Football is war and we the Team that are happy to be 4th last to die. What Bullshit.

Up the owners butt?

If anything I blame Levy for last night far more than Ange.

He’s the reason we’ve got the current load of shit we can’t get rid of.

Learn to read, Sol Campbell.

P.S You aren’t a spurs fan/supporter. End of.

By playing players who are not in the first team that's how.

Hey guess what, if we played our winning team we might have been out of sight before penalties.
Who'd have thought.

We might have.

We might not have.

Guess we’ll never know.

Definitely no reason not to play our strongest line up from here on though…I’m sure Ange has now learnt all he needs to know about our second string.

Genuinely rewatch the match. He attempted 14 long passes and completed 8 of them. For comparison Skipp attempted 22 passes in total and completed 16.
Thanks I watched it live he was fucking useless several times he had a key pass on and fucked it up - more than once during the game I thought the sooner you fuck off the better - and on the occasion he mucked up a simple through ball to richarlison that caused 6000 fans to groan more than 1 person suggested he fuck off to Man Utd - fast progressive passing is beyond him

Also guilty of missing an open goal 10 yards out

Last edited:
We might have.

We might not have.

Guess we’ll never know.

Definitely no reason not to play our strongest line up from here on though…I’m sure Ange has now learnt all he needs to know about our second string.
For me 4 or 5 changes would have been reasonable but not 9.
Last night was an important game and many fans attended but we never took it seriously, which is disappointing.

For me 4 or 5 changes would have been reasonable but not 9.
Last night was an important game and many fans attended but we never took it seriously, which is disappointing.

I don’t disagree about the amount of changes.

I do disagree about ‘not taking it seriously’.

Like I said, I now think Ange has learnt all he needs to know about the players we are trying to offload.

Let’s hope something is proactively done about it.

Back
Top Bottom