Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think Ange will change much at all. He’s not the type. He will want to win this trophy.
Something like this I reckon.

Vicario
Royal
Sanchez
VDV
Davies
Bissouma
Sarr
Solomon
GLC
Son
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario 
Royal Sanchez VDV Davies
 Bissouma Sarr
Solomon GLC Son
 Richarlison
[/lineup]

Ange will absolutely take this competition seriously but it’s hard to guess who he’ll rotate in, as we have options all over the shop. My guess is Royal, Davies, GLC and Solomon coming in for Porro, Udogie, Maddison and Kulu. I’ve a feeling he won’t want to disrupt our CB pairing of Romero and VdV unless there are injury issues.

Vicario
Emerson Sanchez VDV Davies
Bissouma
Skipp GLC
Solomon Richy Perisic

It's a rotated XI but Skipp, Sanchez, Davies and Perisic have played often this season already. GZlC and Solomon are really the only new ones.

Son, Madison, PEH, Udogie, Porro, Sarr all on the bench

Vicario
Royal
Sanchez
VDV
Davies
Hojbjerg
Sarr
Solomon
GLC
Perisic
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Sanchez VDV Davies
 Hojbjerg Sarr
Solomon GLC Perisic
 Richarlison
[/lineup]

A bit of an odd line up granted, theory being put Hoj and Sanchez in the shop window again vs PL opposition, give GLC and Perisic some minutes, it's a good opportunity for Richy to continue to play into form, and gives Son a rest to potentially start up top vs Burnley (assuming we haven't bought a new striker by then, which is looking increasingly unlikely). I'd rather take the risk of playing VDV next to Sanchez purely because of how injury prone Romero seems to be, VDV is young and can take a 2 game week in stride fairly easily one would imagine. Davies is a bit of an arse twitcher but again we need to keep Udogie fit for the league games ideally, we should really have better depth there because Sessegnon as a young rotational prospect is shite and Reguillon is just shit at everything, no system change will help him learn to defend or actually do anything with the ball once he's in the opponent's third. Dier is pointless, literally pointless, I'd rather play a traffic cone.
If he plays that side, I will lump on us to go out. Awful, most of them got done vs Sheff Utd earlier this year. Too risky. I would bring in Solomon and Perisic only tbh, unless someone is carrying a knock…. Poss Royal too

Last edited:
Ange hinted that there will be changes in the next couple of games. I suspect we won't be far off something like this.

Forster
Emerson
Sanchez
MickyDier
Davies
Pierre
GLC
Skippy
Solomon
Richielaaaa
Perisic
lineup code
[lineup]
Forster
Emerson Sanchez Micky/Dier Davies
Pierre GLC Skippy
Solomon Richielaaaa Perisic
[/lineup]

With the main players on the bench.

Obviously I would hope for stronger - if this were a CL game he'd be going full strength of course. But at this point in the season and Burnley on Saturday, he'll surely rotate.

We can make 5 subs and, unlike Conte, Ange seems to use them. I'd make no more than 3 changes to the starting 11 and just use the subs to rest players. It's Fulham away, not FC Carrybag on 3 x 4 hour flights each way.

I think we have every right to moan If we rotate ourselves out of the cup despite no Europe - what’s the point Of ever dreaming about a trophy if we don’t try and win them
This is the exact problem with anyone 'picking and choosing' the competitions they 'deemed' worthy enough of participating in...

The UEFA Cup/Europa League is basically the League cup of Europe, and yet plenty sniffed at THAT when we were in it!

Trophies a trophies a trophy!

Vicario
Royal
Sanchez
VDV
Davies
Hojbjerg
Sarr
Solomon
GLC
Perisic
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Sanchez VDV Davies
 Hojbjerg Sarr
Solomon GLC Perisic
 Richarlison
[/lineup]

A bit of an odd line up granted, theory being put Hoj and Sanchez in the shop window again vs PL opposition, give GLC and Perisic some minutes, it's a good opportunity for Richy to continue to play into form, and gives Son a rest to potentially start up top vs Burnley (assuming we haven't bought a new striker by then, which is looking increasingly unlikely). I'd rather take the risk of playing VDV next to Sanchez purely because of how injury prone Romero seems to be, VDV is young and can take a 2 game week in stride fairly easily one would imagine. Davies is a bit of an arse twitcher but again we need to keep Udogie fit for the league games ideally, we should really have better depth there because Sessegnon as a young rotational prospect is shite and Reguillon is just shit at everything, no system change will help him learn to defend or actually do anything with the ball once he's in the opponent's third. Dier is pointless, literally pointless, I'd rather play a traffic cone.

Like this team.

If he plays that side, I will lump on us to go out. Awful, most of them got done vs Sheff Utd earlier this year. Too risky. I would bring in Solomon and Perisic only tbh, unless someone is carrying a knock…. Poss Royal too
I think that side has enough about it to beat Fulham. They're likely to rotate as well, despite a solid finish last season Silva will be fully aware of how difficult a 2nd season in the PL can be and they'll want to concentrate on survival above a cup run for sure.

Can we for once take these competitions seriously.

I still have PTSD from the Sheffield United game.

Everyone said the second 11 can't be trusted after that game.

I'd go with:

Vicario
Emerson
Romero
VDV
Davies
Bissouma
Sarr
GLC
Solomon
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Davies
Bissouma
Sarr GLC
Solomon Richy Son
[/lineup]

I think that side has enough about it to beat Fulham. They're likely to rotate as well, despite a solid finish last season Silva will be fully aware of how difficult a 2nd season in the PL can be and they'll want to concentrate on survival above a cup run for sure.
why risk it? 5 changes has seen us fuck up every time in recent years

I would imagine one of Romero, Son or Maddison would start seeing as their part of the captaincy group. I am leaning towards Romero and van de Ven starting at the back.

Back
Top Bottom