Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t look like this match is being televised

Baby Reaction GIF

why risk it? 5 changes has seen us fuck up every time in recent years
You're acting like it's a youth team lol, all the players rotated in in that lineup are seasoned pros, all over 25. Hardly like saying chuck Alfie White and Scarlett in there.
Anyway the league Cup is tin pot, rather have a crack at the FA Cup if we're gonna go for one or the other. League Cup games fuck you over in Jan/Feb when you get the 2 leg semi and the final in amongst usually congested fixtures because of the FA Cup starting. Plus the League Cup winner always seems to have atrocious form from March onwards, look at how pony United were at the tail end of last season. I think we barely won a game under Ramos after March when we won it in 08.

Important game not only because of the trophy at the end of the road, but to continue to build momentum in this system.

I’m comfortable with pretty much any suggested changes either the exception of CR, VDV, and Vic.
Simply do not trust our “depth” at CB or GK.

You're acting like it's a youth team lol, all the players rotated in in that lineup are seasoned pros, all over 25. Hardly like saying chuck Alfie White and Scarlett in there.
Anyway the league Cup is tin pot, rather have a crack at the FA Cup if we're gonna go for one or the other. League Cup games fuck you over in Jan/Feb when you get the 2 leg semi and the final in amongst usually congested fixtures because of the FA Cup starting. Plus the League Cup winner always seems to have atrocious form from March onwards, look at how pony United were at the tail end of last season. I think we barely won a game under Ramos after March when we won it in 08.
Check out the side that got dumped out the FA vs Shef Utd, all seasoned pros. All untrustworthy

Fair point on Jan congestion

He has literally said he's picking the side to win the game, not to just give people a run out.

You're living in the past. Every game means something to big Ange. He even corrected the Spurs journo in pre-season when he said the result didn't matter...

"Results always matter mate".

As far as I'm concerned, we finally have a manager who isn't thinking the way you fear.
As long as we do not get Sanchez and Dier at CB.

Solomon has to play at least. I guess Gio, Skipp and PEH will play as well. Kinda worrying that if we sell Sanchez there isn't really anyone to cover CB.

• Forster
  • D Sánchez
  • Dier
  • Davies
  • Porro
  • Sarr
  • Højbjerg
  • Perisic
  • Lucas Moura
  • Richarlison
  • Son Heung-min
The above team that started and lost to Sheffield UTD last season. With exception of Moura they are all still here.
  • Forster
  • Romero
  • Dier
  • Lenglet
  • Emerson Royal
  • Skipp
  • Højbjerg
  • Davies
  • Kulusevski
  • Richarlison
  • Kane
This is the team that beat Chelsea a few days earlier. 6 changes which is too much but it is the attitude that it is a cup match and does not matter.
By contrast at the beginning of January we had 2 matches close together but as they were both Premiership matches there were only 2 changes and I cannot recall if Davies and Bissouma were dropped or rested for Dier and Skipp.
The point is if this was a PL match would we be making many changes or as someone suggested giving someone a run out.

• Forster
  • D Sánchez
  • Dier
  • Davies
  • Porro
  • Sarr
  • Højbjerg
  • Perisic
  • Lucas Moura
  • Richarlison
  • Son Heung-min
The above team that started and lost to Sheffield UTD last season. With exception of Moura they are all still here.
  • Forster
  • Romero
  • Dier
  • Lenglet
  • Emerson Royal
  • Skipp
  • Højbjerg
  • Davies
  • Kulusevski
  • Richarlison
  • Kane
This is the team that beat Chelsea a few days earlier. 6 changes which is too much but it is the attitude that it is a cup match and does not matter.
By contrast at the beginning of January we had 2 matches close together but as they were both Premiership matches there were only 2 changes and I cannot recall if Davies and Bissouma were dropped or rested for Dier and Skipp.
The point is if this was a PL match would we be making many changes or as someone suggested giving someone a run out.

Obviously putting rubbish players on the pitch is part of the problem but we consistently lose cup matches (especially away) because of our attitude. Pep also makes wholesale changes but they reach finals every season because he demands intensity in every game no matter who is playing. Some of our previous managers have openly disparaged the cups and fostered a culture where some games matter less than others.

I‘m sure Ange is like Pep in that he expects the same level of effort whenever the players put on the shirt. It doesn’t matter who is on the team sheet, what the competition is or who the opponents are. We have lost so many cup matches recently because the players simply didn’t give a shit. Sheffield United put out their reserves against us last season but they wanted to win more than we did, so that’s what happened.

I don't think it looks too bad at all tbh....

Plenty of 1st team experience in there, plus some minutes for squad players like Solomon and GLC & Royal...

Though I think Skipp might play instead of Sarr...
We'll never win anything while Hojbjerg is in the lineup...

I don’t think Ange will change much at all. He’s not the type. He will want to win this trophy.
Something like this I reckon.

Vicario
Royal
Sanchez
VDV
Davies
Bissouma
Sarr
Solomon
GLC
Son
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Sanchez VDV Davies
 Bissouma Sarr
Solomon GLC Son
 Richarlison
[/lineup]
Well the back 4 is already a disaster in this lineup

They're the type of club (size wise) that could write this one off as a distraction, and focus on PL survival, OR look at other similar sized clubs who have won it in the past and think they have a better chance than say, the FA Cup...

Not that I'd want to progress against a scratch team of youth & reserves, but it wouldn't half be nice to get deep into this comp, and see where it takes us!

I think Ange will take this seriously enough to play a 1st team spine, but I'm certain he will pepper the XI with the squad players he expects to stay beyond the window...

Be interesting to see if Dier and Reggie are anywhere near Craven Cottage on Tuesday (unless one of them is signing for them on Wednesday!!!)
Good chance to negotiate the Dier/Tosin swap!

I will be fuming if Sanchez starts.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
Dier
Davies
Skipp
Bissouma
Solomon
GLC
Perisic
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Romero Dier Davies
Skipp Bissouma
Solomon GLC Perisic
 Richarlison
[/lineup]

I will be fuming if Sanchez starts.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
Dier
Davies
Skipp
Bissouma
Solomon
GLC
Perisic
Richarlison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Royal Romero Dier Davies
Skipp Bissouma
Solomon GLC Perisic
 Richarlison
[/lineup]
I think only Vicario and Richarlison will start this from Saturday. Maybe VDV.
Vicario
Royal sanchez dier davies
Skipp
Hojbjerg Gio
Solo Richy Perisic

Back
Top Bottom