Fulham @ Wembley 18/08.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The biggest telling sign for me that Poch and Toby have made up isn’t the fact that Toby started, it was the fact that he stayed on instead of Sanchez when Dembele came on and we changed formation.

Tony ain’t going nowhere, and I reckon we’ll see a new contract in the coming months.

I was interviewed by some guy from the BBC for their instagram site. Don't think I'll make the cut as he wanted me to be critical of the club and the situation with the stadium. I just said it is what it is and used Joe Clash Joe Clash quote "we support the team not the stadium ".
Anyway, with regards to the game, thought Lucas just edged MOTM from Tripps, albeit I thought he started a bit sluggishly. But once he scored, his confidence soared and he was superb. I hate to admit it, but some of Toby's long passes were Hoddlesque. Although I wanted him gone because I thought he was a disruptive influence, he and Jan looked pretty good as a defensive pair.
I was shouting at Christian to let Tripps take the free kick - what a beauty. And the icing on the cake......H scoring in August. A good performance against a pretty average side, very happy to have 6 points out of 6. All in all, with Woolwich and the Spammers with no points, not a bad Saturday. COYS

Love it, Mrs P! :tobyarm:

Just curious, did they interview you before or after?

...Imagine, the absolute shambles of a fan that couldn't resist having a good moan to them after that game.

So many positives, so very many

Winks back
Kane august goal (another myth busted)
Lucas very good, again
Toby enjoying his football without visible sulk
Davies working well as a WB
Eriksen working well slightly deeper

Even with Dele, Dier and Kane visibly unfit we are pretty good

Why or how can anyone disagree?

Weird.

Why?

All a bit lame playing Mystic Meg considering how vague your shouts are. All the more so considering how much gloom and doom you usually predict.

Or if you prefer...

Your constantly quoting yourself is crass as fuck.

Or maybe....

It's pre-emptive for next time you feel like giving Jose/United a hand-shandy in post-form.

Lots of possibilities. You needn't be too baffled.

Last edited:
Love it, Mrs P! :tobyarm:

Just curious, did they interview you before or after?

...Imagine, the absolute shambles of a fan that couldn't resist having a good moan to them after that game.
It was before the game and he started by saying although it was only after one game, but would I give a score for our season so far!! He didn't mention that he was going to say anything about the stadium and he definitely steered the question towards a negative response ...... stupid boy, doesn't he know who I am???? ;)

It was before the game and he started by saying although it was only after one game, but would I give a score for our season so far!! He didn't mention that he was going to say anything about the stadium and he definitely steered the question towards a negative response ...... stupid boy, doesn't he know who I am???? ;)

Mug.... If only he knew.... His brief brush with royalty could have provided a highlight for his otherwise sorry, dirt-digging life.

The biggest telling sign for me that Poch and Toby have made up isn’t the fact that Toby started, it was the fact that he stayed on instead of Sanchez when Dembele came on and we changed formation.

Tony ain’t going nowhere, and I reckon we’ll see a new contract in the coming months.

Could just have been that Sanchez gets bullied by the likes of Mitrović and Toby doesnt. Also raises less questions about Toby than what would have been asked if he was the one subbed.

Back
Top Bottom