Future Captain?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who should be our next captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sandro is a leader and respected amongst the squad. He plays the 'silent' captain role brilliantly, he doesn't need to say anything to inspire those around him - his actions and presence motivate the rest of the team. So for me, it would be Vertonghen, he has shown with Belgium that he is more than capable.

When I saw the list of names I was flabbergasted that Sandro wasn't included, so I didn't vote.
Daws is the right captain for us at the moment, when he is no longer with us, then that will be the time to give it to The Beast. A captain's role can be as big or as small as the holder wants to make it. Having said that, they should all act and play like captains!

For me, to be captain of THFC the person needs a few things. (1) To be vocal and gee other players up if the team is losing, (2) to put their body on the line no matter what (think Terry Butcher, blood pouring from head etc) and (3) to know that it is a honour to play for THFC.

Therefore only two spring to mind. Dawson, who already has the armband, and Sandro.

For me, to be captain of THFC the person needs a few things. (1) To be vocal and gee other players up if the team is losing, (2) to put their body on the line no matter what (think Terry Butcher, blood pouring from head etc) and (3) to know that it is a honour to play for THFC.

Therefore only two spring to mind. Dawson, who already has the armband, and Sandro.

For me I would add,

4. Played for the club for a while
5. One of our best players (plays every game).

Keep Daws as captain. That's the vote I would cast if available. I think he's a key part of our team, and our results have improved since his re-introduction as a regular starter. It may be he will be ousted from that spot eventually, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

If we don't get CL next season, which I don't think we will, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hugo or Jan start thinking of 'greener pastures'.

Keep Dawson for as long as possible. However when the time comes either Sandro or Lloris. Sandro for the numerous great reasons stated above and Lloris because he's 100% committed, great player and has plenty of experience as he captains France.

Back
Top Bottom