Gareth Bale Appreciation Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fuck real madrid

he should have been a spurs legend
Sorry, but comments like this have no grip on reality. They're paying him £300,000 per week. That's over £15m per year in wages, to say nothing of the recognition and sponsorship deals of being a galactico. He could end up as wealthy as the likes of Beckham. He's not a boyhood Spurs fan so given the choice between £300,000 a week and being a new Ledley King I don't think it takes much working out why he's chosen the former (as would Ledley if he'd not had a dodgy knee).

Neither of whom could get anywhere close to Madrid.

Still, are we still listening to Sugar and his expert knowledge of football after his "I know better than Levy" rants against AVB last year?

Will miss Bale, an awful lot. His departing statement was a nice touch and I do hope he does well and becomes a world class player... but I hope he never ever wins a single trophy for that horrid team in that shit city.

Even though I had accepted that he was gone a long time ago, and was probably the first person on here to admit that and get negged for it too. It still hurts to see him finally go.....he was truly brilliant. I wasn't sure he was quite at that level at the start of last season, but he made a believer out of me. I think the exact moment was the second of the two free-kicks he scored against Lyon, with what was the final kick of the ball in that game. I knew right there that he was destined for great things and that he was going to leave.

I hold nothing against him and hope he does well. It would be a shame if he didn't, cause talent like his doesn't come around that often.

This video used to be called Gareth Bale World Class, but the name has changed now....

:memeokay:

But then he'll look at his bank account and :balelol:

£150k pw to be a legend at Spurs or £300k pw to make your agent happy, your family unhappy and be an 'also-ran' at Real Madrid

I'd wager both clubs will win a similar amount of meaningful trophies over the course of his 6 year contract - maybe 1 or 2

He'll look back and realise all he did was make other people money at his own expense

£150k pw to be a legend at Spurs or £300k pw to make your agent happy, your family unhappy and be an 'also-ran' at Real Madrid

I'd wager both clubs will win a similar amount of meaningful trophies over the course of his 6 year contract - maybe 1 or 2

He'll look back and realise all he did was make other people money at his own expense
From his going away statement he made it sound as if RM was his boyhood team, doesn't sound like someone going there with second thoughts. This is something he wants to do, he's not being kidnapped.

Back
Top Bottom