Gareth Bale

Spurs fans loved him. But the British like midfielders that fight and slide tackle or score goals.

The more intelligent and composed midfielders are not valued as much. Michael Carrick is a good example.
I remember when Carrick first moved to us, I was on another forum and all these thick idiots kept on asking what Carrick does that’s valuable to us.

It’s incredible how some fans think, they really don’t understand football at all even though they love it so much.

They were rating Michael Brown much higher because he ‘gets stuck in’.

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese
I remember when Carrick first moved to us, I was on another forum and all these thick idiots kept on asking what Carrick does that’s valuable to us.

It’s incredible how some fans think, they really don’t understand football at all even though they love it so much.

Was so gutted when we lost Carrick! :(

One of the most criminal popular opinions I've ever seen this fanbase have. I really disliked Michael Brown as well. He was garbage at prem level.

One of the most criminal popular opinions I've ever seen this fanbase have. I really disliked Michael Brown as well. He was garbage at prem level.
Michael Brown being garbage is one thing, but not being able to see what Carrick was doing linking up play was quite another.

Like I said it’s amazing how some fans can’t understand football although they love it so much, I saw the same thing again with Ndombele.

So much talent and ability although his attitude and fitness was a problem, you don’t give up on a player like that after a few months and demand he should be sold, you’ve got to persevere and try to change him!

Was so gutted when we lost Carrick! :(
You know, once I got a job after leaving uni I no longer felt any bitterness towards players who left us.

I was gutted about Carrick leaving us and I was gutted about Keane, Modric and Bale but hell, if I was in the same situation, I’d have done the same and if someone offers me a job with more money at a bigger company, I’d do the same.

Good luck and thanks for the memories.

Sean

🇬🇧 COYS 🇮🇱
You know, once I got a job after leaving uni I no longer felt any bitterness towards players who left us.

I was gutted about Carrick leaving us and I was gutted about Keane, Modric and Bale but hell, if I was in the same situation, I’d have done the same and if someone offers me a job with more money at a bigger company, I’d do the same.

Good luck and thanks for the memories.
Carrick was one of those players you only really appreciated watching the game live and not on TV, did a lot of the Ball

Carrick was one of those players you only really appreciated watching the game live and not on TV, did a lot of the Ball
Dunno about that mate, I was working my balls off in 2005, wasn’t able to go to games, I only saw matches on TV and it was so obvious to me that he was the cog that was making the Tottenham midfield function.

He was such a standout that it beggared belief that some fans couldn’t see it, I couldn’t believe some of the shit that I was reading, just surreal.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Dunno about that mate, I was working my balls off in 2005, wasn’t able to go to games, I only saw matches on TV and it was so obvious to me that he was the cog that was making the Tottenham midfield function.

He was such a standout that it beggared belief that some fans couldn’t see it, I couldn’t believe some of the shit that I was reading, just surreal.

I still remember his performance at Highbury in 2006.

One of the best performances I've seen from any Spurs midfielder away at a top club. Controlled it from the first minute. Missed a sitter though.

Michael Brown being garbage is one thing, but not being able to see what Carrick was doing linking up play was quite another.

Like I said it’s amazing how some fans can’t understand football although they love it so much, I saw the same thing again with Ndombele.

So much talent and ability although his attitude and fitness was a problem, you don’t give up on a player like that after a few months and demand he should be sold, you’ve got to persevere and try to change him!
Brown was a good box2box midfielder in the 2nd tier, but in the prem he just ran around kicking people.

fitness and mentality are far, far easier attributes to improve than raw talent, and yet there's an obsession with the former.

The best players in the world or on any team are almost always the most talented ones.

Sean

🇬🇧 COYS 🇮🇱

Ok maybe not everyone but he did so much that the TV screens didn't pick up out of screen.
Great player should of kept him.

I still remember his performance at Highbury in 2006.

One of the best performances I've seen from any Spurs midfielder away at a top club. Controlled it from the first minute. Missed a sitter though.
Every game was memorable for me, he was such a different player.

He was a joy to watch, totally different from all the other midfielders we had around that time, he was a proper thinker. No pass was played without consideration, everything was done with a purpose.

Top Bottom