Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No chance he's here next season.

He was bang average in that first half (goal aside).

I actually feel that this is probably going to be the only way we can successfully use Bale. Get him in the box to get on the end of chances. He's a great finisher. And may help out the issue with goalscoring outside of Kane and Son.

But man, his pressing is non existent. You can see why he never starts Premier League games, we'd get destroyed down his side.

Wonder if he'll get the same abuse Ndombele got when he asked to come off because he was feeling an injury against Southampton last season.

tenor.gif

...but which time with Ndombele though?

The time he was medically ruled fit before a game we were short on numbers for or one of the other times when he was (unprofessionally) unfit?

...but which time with Ndombele though?

The time he was medically ruled fit before a game we were short on numbers for or one of the other times when he was (unprofessionally) unfit?

You know. The one where he got injured against Southampton in the first half and plenty of Spurs fans laid into him because he got injured. Claiming he had faked it because he "Couldn't hack it"

Lovely bunch our lot.

Can we carry him for a season while waiting on 1 or 2 big moments. I dont think we can
I’m definitely not saying he’s been great up til now but I still think his time will come. Until he gets a run of games I don’t think we can expect to see him operating at 100%. I think he’ll get that chance at some point and he’ll take it.

The team isn’t exactly flying going forward at the moment anyway

I see him playing more central than on the wings, as he has lost his pace.

He is not the same player he used to be. I think we all expected more from him, but who knows, the league is crazy this season and we will need personalities like him.

I'm still very happy everytime he comes on to play for us. I never thought he was going to make the return to us from Real. I personally believe that he will be a difference maker in the course of a season.

Can we carry him for a season while waiting on 1 or 2 big moments. I dont think we can
Who’s space is he taking up? Winks? Lucas? Dele? Doherty? It’s not like we have world-class players not able to get on the bench. Bale hardly plays and if he can score a couple in those limited appearances (especially from midfield), then he’s already scoring more than Berg and on a par with CV - who is an out-and-out striker. He deserves his place as do the others on the bench.

Aside from the goal, which was very good, he had a very poor game. Some of his passes were way off, school boy stuff. Unfortuently I’m thinking now, where does he fit in. He seems to be more of a finisher now than anything but Mourinho doesn’t like one dimensional players. He wants you to defend and track back. Having said all that, if Mourinho wants to bring him on in 80+ minutes to score us some last minute winners, he could turn out to be a great super sup but he seems way off starting 11 EPL material right now IMO

Aside from the goal, which was very good, he had a very poor game. Some of his passes were way off, school boy stuff. Unfortuently I’m thinking now, where does he fit in. He seems to be more of a finisher now than anything but Mourinho doesn’t like one dimensional players. He wants you to defend and track back. Having said all that, if Mourinho wants to bring him on in 80+ minutes to score us some last minute winners, he could turn out to be a great super sup but he seems way off starting 11 EPL material right now IMO
Disagree with the defend and track back part.

No one likes a diva who is one dimensional, and refusing to work for the team, but at the same time demanding the whole team to feed him.

Mourinho has a preference for a certain profile but he's flexible enough not to refuse a proven scorer, who has positive influence in the dressing room, and willing to accept a bit part role.

Who’s space is he taking up? Winks? Lucas? Dele? Doherty? It’s not like we have world-class players not able to get on the bench. Bale hardly plays and if he can score a couple in those limited appearances (especially from midfield), then he’s already scoring more than Berg and on a par with CV - who is an out-and-out striker. He deserves his place as do the others on the bench.
Whether you like it or not mourinho is looking for workers. That isnt bale unfortunately. In fairness i dont think hed make any of the other top 6 teams because of this

He isn't that Bale anymore but his experience might help us. WBA and Stoke goals might look simple but he took them calmly with precision. His one touch passes to Doherty are clever too. Might lost pace, but am hopeful his Klinnsman Wimbledon moment will come.

He needs someone to grab hold of him, give him a shake and tell him to wake up. This isn’t a holiday, this is your last chance at being a top level player. Either take it or look forward to next season in the MLS or China.

He’s contributing to our campaign. He may not be contributing to the extent that our fanbase wants him to but he is and he has to go by his own pace. We just need to be patient. That great player is still in there. His body just isn’t what it used to be but you can just see his quality with that header. He is a game changer and will continue to score goals for us. He just may never get to the point of playing 90mins for us in the toughest of matches. We need to be realistic and adjust our expectations. I have always had my expectations in check when he returned.

Back
Top Bottom