Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Besides all the above he's a shadow of the sublime (has been for at least 3 years) player he once was and nothing more than a ultra expensive Levy PR exercise designed to appease the gullible.

Of course when given enough time on the ball there is still evidence of the mercurial talent within but these instances are not enough to justify upsetting the dynamic of a competitive squad in one of the more physical leagues in the world.

He's a luxury player who can contribute though not enough to justify regular or automatic selection and virtually worthless when there is the need to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in.

I love him.....I love Spurs more.:baleshock:

Bingo.

Good player, bad season even by his worst standards, thus not worth another go.

Bye,

Bale has a problem if not in the RM squad of 3 non EU players. There are no clubs reportedly interested and whilst a good player still, his wages and ability to be fit enough to play many matches is not attractive. He wants to carry on playing for Wales but that is going to be difficult.

He's still a very good player but not worth anywhere near the wages he's on or would demand, and barely half the player he was. It's just a shame that his second stint with us came when we were under Mourinho's guidance. Pochettino would have got more out of him as he would have played more to his strengths.

Jesus Olmo has lifted the lid on his time with Los Blancos, placing the Welshman's athletic abilities above those of Cristiano Ronaldo

Gareth Bale is the greatest athlete former Real Madrid medical chief Jesus Olmo has seen, with the Wales star “capable of excelling at practically any sport”.

“Possibly the best athlete I’ve seen is Gareth Bale,” he told Ideal. “He’s a natural athlete capable of excelling at practically any sport. He has unusual genetics and athletic ability, and I would say technical ability as well.

“He’s the one who impressed me most in all aspects, although there is then performance, which comes about from different circumstances.”

Olmo has suggested that Madrid fans have not seen the best of the star because he has played through injuries.

“All athletes have their handicaps,” he said. “People only see when a player is injured, but there are footballers who play when they’ve got physical problems.

“A good medical team ensure that you have the minimum possible chronic problems, but the only way to overcoming them is by working hard and very well in a target way. That requires effort and depends a lot on the player.

“Nothing detracts from a high-level athlete’s performance more than chronic pain. Solving a small tendon problem is the best thing you can do for a footballer.”

So did he leave Spurs in the back of a blacked out limo with a blanket over his head or something?
probably in a posh golf buggy

A good medical team ensure that you have the minimum possible chronic problems, but the only way to overcoming them is by working hard and very well in a target way. That requires effort and depends a lot on the player.
Probably wants to leave this quote out of his CV, then, as Chief Medical Officer overseeing the chronically injured "greatest athlete ever"

:nunolol:

Back
Top Bottom