Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks - he refused to play for Levy.

Just because Kane went awol and then didn't move - is Kane not allowed to be a Spurs Legend because he refused to play for us?

Because Kane is most certainly a Spurs Legend.
We are not Real Madrid. Or an oil laced club (nor do I want to be) but it means we are not the big boys. True greats deserve to win the big things (Kane included) and it shouldn't be held against them because our club has a lack of ambition.

Bale gave everything and carried us at a time when we were dog shit. People can of course have their own views, but he's a legend to me - even if he did cause upset at the time. He deserved the success. He wasn't getting it with us.

Just because Kane went awol and then didn't move - is Kane not allowed to be a Spurs Legend because he refused to play for us?

Looooool - Stop making shit up, he literally refused to play for us, he went on strike to move.

Kane IS playing for us. Kane is a Spurs legend, he's played double the number of games for us, he's just a couple of goals off becoming the greatest Tottenham goalscorer in our history, taken Spurs to Finals and semi-finals, and had us competing for x3 PL Title chases.

Bale is, without a doubt, a legendary player, a great of his era. It was fantastic watching him play but for Spurs, he was a jinx for 3 seasons so only had THREE outstanding years with us. Then he walked out in the worst way a player can, he went on strike.

He is one of the only players I have seen in the Premier League where I thought, "Wow, that is superhuman," Haaland is the other. Arguably Bale is not as good as Kane overall, for instance, and certainly is not as big a legend for us, but some of the things he did for us were out of this world. There are lots of very good players who score amazing goals etc. but Bale did some things that few if any could ever replicate. It was incredible watching him win games for us single handedly. The goal I remember most was that one against West Ham very late on, shooting from a ridiculous position and yet as soon as he was given the ball you knew you had scored. I'll never forget how amazing that was.

Looooool - Stop making shit up, he literally refused to play for us, he went on strike to move.

Kane IS playing for us. Kane is a Spurs legend, he's played double the number of games for us, he's just a couple of goals off becoming the greatest Tottenham goalscorer in our history, taken Spurs to Finals and semi-finals, and had us competing for x3 PL Title chases.

Bale is, without a doubt, a legendary player, a great of his era. It was fantastic watching him play but for Spurs, he was a jinx for 3 seasons so only had THREE outstanding years with us. Then he walked out in the worst way a player can, he went on strike.
Who gives a shit? The guy carried the fuck out of this team. He was arguably, no, definitely, one of the best 3 players and he was playing under fucking Tim Sherwood and AVB. He had all the right in the World to leave. Could he have done it better? Sure, but that was the best chance he had to get his move. Just ask Kane if being a bit more respectful (even Kane acted like a cunt by the way) gets you a move under Levy...

An absolute legend of the game! Treated like shit by Madrid!

Enjoy your retirement Gaz
He sure was a legend and one of Spurs' all-time best but although he was treated as shit at Real M. (nothing new at that club anyway as he certainly isn't the only one) he had the option to leave them as many seasons ago.
And what really went on behind the scene is hard to say.
But that's in the past now ...and I am sure he'll enjoy life (in Florida) after his career.

Best Spurs player for me in terms of being able to win a game from literally nothing.

Only Gascoigne would have been so able to dominate top teams, with Berbatov just behind.and Kane in that quarter easier to stop.

Slightly odd bloke but an incredible player.

Without a shadow of a doubt, he for any striker in the last 7 years and we win at least 2 or 3 trophies.

Always annoyed me Jose not playing him enough

He is one of the only players I have seen in the Premier League where I thought, "Wow, that is superhuman," Haaland is the other. Arguably Bale is not as good as Kane overall, for instance, and certainly is not as big a legend for us, but some of the things he did for us were out of this world. There are lots of very good players who score amazing goals etc. but Bale did some things that few if any could ever replicate. It was incredible watching him win games for us single handedly. The goal I remember most was that one against West Ham very late on, shooting from a ridiculous position and yet as soon as he was given the ball you knew you had scored. I'll never forget how amazing that was.
Agree with all you say. Apart from the Haaland part. He's had an outstanding start but he's done nothing in the league that made my jaw drop. Only Bale made me think...blimey can a person do that. May happen with the Norwegian but hasn't as yet

I was at the San Siro when he scored THAT hat-trick. One of my best footballing memories ever.

Good luck Gareth. What a player.

We gave them an awful fright as I recall after Gomes got himself sent off and going 4-0 up!

Shitting themselves especially the fat Spanish waiter running up the touchline waving an imaginary card!

(When I say ‘running’ :harrylol:)

Is he the greatest British footballer of the modern era/his generation?

Surely the five Champions Leagues, including three on the trot and being a deciding factor in two of them should make him at least arguably the greatest?
Who do you think could challenge him among British players?
Whether we like it or not, Chelski have 2 of them: Terry and Lampard...

Back
Top Bottom