Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

BBC are really tieng themselves in knots over this. It was completely OK for him (and other broadcasters on ITV, Sky and whoever else to (rightly IMO) raise concerns with the issues involving migrant treatment of Qatar during the World Cup, but when it comes to migrant issues affecting its own country he can't.

Good riddance and I’m saying that because of his smug attitude on the program which imv he’s ruined and not what he tweeted although I disagree with him.

BBC are really tieng themselves in knots over this. It was completely OK for him (and other broadcasters on ITV, Sky and whoever else to (rightly IMO) raise concerns with the issues involving migrant treatment of Qatar during the World Cup, but when it comes to migrant issues affecting its own country he can't.

A joke. He, Shearer and Wright need to do a Clarkson, Hammond and May and move to another channel and present something new with a similar format.

A joke. He, Shearer and Wright need to do a Clarkson, Hammond and May and move to another channel and present something new with a similar format.

Totally agree

The program has been stale for some time now and I usually record it and ff to the action

The fact that he’s an absolute cunt in real life has no bearing on this

He'll end up doing what the best people from BBC News have already done and jump ship and set up independent podcasts for more money.

Can't wait to see the look on the people celebrating this decision's faces when it turns out his replacement is inevitably... Alex Scott. (Who I rate as a pundit, but they all hate for some reason...)

He will not be short of offers (had plenty in the past) and he could triple his wages overnight if he did so.

But seeing as the top echelons on the BBC (along with its most Snr News Editors) are all conservative it's what "they" want him to do. He will then be replaced by John Terry and the mission will be complete.

But we are full of seagulls, send the seagulls back to Norway, they aren't wanted here taking all our fish.
The two issues have nothing to do with each other, other than being supported/opposed by the same groups of people.

Being anti-immigration is a valid and reasonable stance, which happens to also be supported by racists and cunts for their own reasons, whereas the environment question is black and white. There is no reasonable argument to support action like this BBC censorship.

My anti-immigration stance is largely derived from a concern about the environment.

The two issues have nothing to do with each other, other than being supported/opposed by the same groups of people.

Being anti-immigration is a valid and reasonable stance, which happens to also be supported by racists and cunts for their own reasons, whereas the environment question is black and white. There is no reasonable argument to support action like this BBC censorship.

My anti-immigration stance is largely derived from a concern about the environment.
I was actually doing a (bad) joke mate.....

bad-joke.gif

He will not be short of offers (had plenty in the past) and he could triple his wages overnight if he did so.

But seeing as the top echelons on the BBC (along with its most Snr News Editors) are all conservative it's what "they" want him to do. He will then be replaced by John Terry and the mission will be complete.
Doubt it, he might get a gig at channel 4, but they don't do football AFAIK. The other channels are just as conservative as the BBC. ITV and Sky would be his only other options and they're not taking him.

Totally agree

The program has been stale for some time now and I usually record it and ff to the action

The fact that he’s an absolute cunt in real life has no bearing on this
This actually brings up an interesting point for me. Lineker has been presenting MOTD since the VCR era, he should have been replaced years ago. What value does he really bring to the show? What justifies such a long tenure and such high wages?

The BBC and a lot of other organisations allow people to squat in prominent positions for decades, long after they've ceased to be innovative or even average.

Back
Top Bottom