Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
This actually brings up an interesting point for me. Lineker has been presenting MOTD since the VCR era, he should have been replaced years ago. What value does he really bring to the show? What justifies such a long tenure and such high wages?

The BBC and a lot of other organisations allow people to squat in prominent positions for decades, long after they've ceased to be innovative or even average.
Not sure as I’m a bit ‘dim’!

You are very concerned about population density.
Yes, yes I am. For the myriad of reasons I've listed on the UKpol and this thread, with multiple sources cited.

You should maybe think twice about who you're calling racist, I've shared my experience with racism enough times on here.

This thread has turned into TFCs 'I am Spartacus' moment.

I am glad he has gone. Not because of his Tweet but because the bloke is a cunt.

Good riddance.

I was just watching the BBC news and Alastair Campbell was on totally supporting Lineker and Wright for showing solidarity and then went on a political rant about morality etc etc

Bearing in mind that this was the absolute cunt advising Blair before he took the country into an illegal war and deliberately lied to Parliament in order to do so

This actually brings up an interesting point for me. Lineker has been presenting MOTD since the VCR era, he should have been replaced years ago. What value does he really bring to the show? What justifies such a long tenure and such high wages?

The BBC and a lot of other organisations allow people to squat in prominent positions for decades, long after they've ceased to be innovative or even average.

It's Match of the Day, not a talent show.

Value? Continuity and insight and control of the pundits and professionalism.

Give me that any day than some presenters who are simply there to make up the numbers.

His social media comments are an irrelevance to me because he is one of millions who hold a false sense of self importance on critical matters of wider concern and complexity.

Don’t like Gary but respect to him for standing by his rightful point.

Fair play to Wrighty too.

Free speech constantly espoused by the tories…unless it’s against them of course.

Back
Top Bottom