Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
Shut up you blathering Tory twat.

I give in

I can’t match shining wit like that
lol 😆
Moron

You couldn’t be more wrong and obviously missed my posts describing life on the Picket Lines supporting the miners and the steelworkers in the 80s

I criticise Starmer because he’s not my idea of a Labour leader

Good job that didn't autocorrect..
It did but I got away with giving Gazza a sgl Z !

Just rewatched the highlights on YouTube which is enough to cheer any Spur up!

What’s ElTel doing nowadays?
Last I heard he was running a bar in Spain

It's Match of the Day, not a talent show.

Value? Continuity and insight and control of the pundits and professionalism.

Give me that any day than some presenters who are simply there to make up the numbers.

His social media comments are an irrelevance to me because he is one of millions who hold a false sense of self importance on critical matters of wider concern and complexity.
...right, it's not a high skill profession, so there's no need to pay such a massive sum for such a high profile presenter. Him and his pals Shearer, Jenas, Dion Dublin etc. hardly bringing us sharp wit or incisive analysis.

MOTD is not really worse off when he's not on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t agree with Lineker on a lot of things and think he’s a massive prick, but every human should have the right to free speech whoever they work for. Standing him down for a political comment is ridiculous. Participation and views on aspects of life should be encouraged. A lot of Tories look very bad through this episode, and I’m a centre-right voter.

However, MOTD has needed a refresh for some time so his movement out is not unwelcome, but it’s for the wrong reasons: he should have gone a long time ago for being a tedious and boring broadcaster.

Don’t agree with Lineker on a lot of things and think he’s a massive prick, but every human should have the right to free speech whoever they work for. Standing him down for a political comment is ridiculous. Participation and views on aspects of life should be encouraged. A lot of Tories look very bad through this episode, and I’m a centre-right voter.

However, MOTD has needed a refresh for some time so his movement out is not unwelcome, but it’s for the wrong reasons: he should have gone a long time ago for being a tedious and boring broadcaster.
The MOTD format as a whole has become stale a long time ago. It's such a superficial show. A couple mins of highlights followed by "analysis" from a couple of ex-footballer dullards. When Mourinho and Wenger has brief stints on TV they were so much more insightful. Even Wenger had stage presence than these lot.

Well let me remind you, you're from there and even though you moved to Scotland, you are English. Most Scott's folk will call you a NED, most English folk think you're a doylem.

But yeah you got this figured out haven't you Begbie
I'm not from Milton Keynes.
I believe Ned comes from non-educated delinquent. Alas, I have too many degrees to be that kind of delinquent.

BBC act at last. Many people have to watch what they say on social media and being a prominent BBC presenter that includes him. It is not a matter of having a point of view but his comments were inflammatory. Bonus that Ian Wright is also going to be missing. Normally give MOTD a swerve if Lineker is on but might watch it now.

I’d like to see David Attenborough get the gig.

And instead of making us watch wank highlights of us playing he can just talk about otters or some shit.

I’d like to see David Attenborough get the gig.

And instead of making us watch wank highlights of us playing he can just talk about otters or some shit.
They'd cancel him too if he's not careful lol

Back
Top Bottom