Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
I mean, fair play to him for sticking up for his mate.

But rules are rules. You’ve got to be impartial working for the BBC (lol) and Lineker hasn’t been.
What rules?

Also, his Tweet was factually correct, it wasn't even opinion.

These ones?................

BBC Top Gear presenter
Fq38gKuaEAAhGkF

BBC The Apprentice star.........
Fq4DIoQX0AAJC9W

Fq33R9aaYAET32u

To be fair there are 20 more I could add for Tory Peer at the House of Lords Alan Sugar.

I find it incredible that braverman, Patel and Sunak all benefited from migration(through their parents/grandparents) into the uk could have such abhorrent policies and deny people a bette Le life based on the lottery of birth.. who votes for these Tories…

Anyway not my country and none of my business
Bit racist innit?

Lineker doesn't work for the BBC. He is freelance. It's why he could also present BT Sport and La Liga. He was never bound by the same impartiality rules as people with exclusive BBC contracts.

So very fucking bored of having to point this out all the time whenever he does a tweet saying it's bad that migrants drown in boats or whatever and people on here think this is somehow a really offensive statement to make. The BBC have to keep paying his contract, if they try to sack him for this he can sue them and they won't have a leg to stand on.

I find it incredible that braverman, Patel and Sunak all benefited from migration(through their parents/grandparents) into the uk could have such abhorrent policies and deny people a bette Le life based on the lottery of birth.. who votes for these Tories…

Anyway not my country and none of my business
I remember Sajid Javid was questioned about this as well and his excuse was that the needs of the country were such that people like his dad were needed to do low skill work at the time but not anymore.So apparently it’s not hypocritical of him to prevent people from having the same opportunities that he had.

Lineker doesn't work for the BBC. He is freelance. It's why he could also present BT Sport and La Liga. He was never bound by the same impartiality rules as people with exclusive BBC contracts.

So very fucking bored of having to point this out all the time whenever he does a tweet saying it's bad that migrants drown in boats or whatever and people on here think this is somehow a really offensive statement to make. The BBC have to keep paying his contract, if they try to sack him for this he can sue them and they won't have a leg to stand on.
He works for the BBC.

It depends what his contract with them states, but you're probably right.

Back
Top Bottom