Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
I like MOTD. I also fully support Lineker, Shearer and Wright in their actions.

Good on ‘em.

Those who don’t like it…there’s plenty of other ways you can watch the goals. Deal with it.

:dwi:

What excatly did he say?

I find it incredibly odd that TV company would replace him just because they are “supporting” leading party. That would be massive scandal even here.

He said:

“This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s, and I’m out of order?”

I like MOTD. I also fully support Lineker, Shearer and Wright in their actions.

Good on ‘em.

Those who don’t like it…there’s plenty of other ways you can watch the goals. Deal with it.

:dwi:

I watch it when we’re on and if we win I save the recording and I’m that sad this goes back years to when I first got SkyQ

So when can you equate things to Nazi Germany? He was comparing language use in a historical context. Why is that so wildly inappropriate?
Agreed.

He wasn't saying that policy was akin to what the Nazis did in the 1930s but equating the language used by a cabinet minister was a problem, which I think is true.

I'm no real fan of Lineker but he's done nothing wrong here and the BBC are the ones to look foolish - it's OK for their Chair to facilitate a loan of £800k to the then PM without repercussion but then appear to act on pressure from the government and right-wing media to suspend a high-profile staff member reeks of uncertainty, bias and/or double standards.

Not really. They’re basically saying it’s ok for them to benefit from certain immigration policies but not others.

So much for equality of opportunity.
The circumstances have chanched a little since our (and their) parents' generation came here. It is possible for someone to have benefitted from a system which they disagree with, e.g. I disagree with generous inheritance tax laws.

The circumstances have chanched a little since our (and their) parents' generation came here. It is possible for someone to have benefitted from a system which they disagree with, e.g. I disagree with generous inheritance tax laws.
I don’t see it as any different to someone benefitting from tax avoidance laws then saying we need to close tax loopholes. Then justifying it by saying things were different when they were doing it.

Back
Top Bottom