Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
I thought benefits was capped at 20k a year for a couple with a 3 k extra for London weighting. That being said I am not an expert so if you can show me a reliable source that backs up the 70k a year claim I'd be gratefull
Avalanche of Daily Mail and Express articles incoming

My wife and 11 kids really enjoyed our tax payer funded trip into space with Virgin Galactica

By

Tarquin Cuthbert Fuckwit

I thought benefits was capped at 20k a year for a couple with a 3 k extra for London weighting. That being said I am not an expert so if you can show me a reliable source that backs up the 70k a year claim I'd be gratefull
I've get a very reliable source.

The person who paid it.

The person who has an individual case load of 1800 claimants and earns less than many of those she does all the work for.

There are people who are perfectly versed in what to say, what to do and what all to go for.

He's really got under your skin. Just because he showed some compassion.

You couldn’t be more wrong and that’s my point

I can’t see what all the fuss is about and I’m just judging him on his role as a football pundit and as I’ve said he’s shit

He’s a self serving prick and clearly loving all the attention Lefties are giving him

As for your remark about compassion all he’s done is submit a tweet on social media

Big fucking deal but he’s clearly impressed people like you

Crack on

Last edited:

The person who paid it.

The person who has an individual case load of 1800 claimants and earns less than many of those she does all the work for.

There are people who are perfectly versed in what to say, what to do and what all to go for.
OK I don't understand the benefit system. So explain to me with a breakdown how someone can claim £70k in benefits. What benefits are they receiving how does this add up. Genuinely interested.

Some compassion?

Maybe if he takes in another boatie it'll be a nice Albanian mafia member. Here's hoping

Which wing of his house did he put him in?

The £4 million one in Surrey that is

Last edited:
Fantastic journo..he outed abrahmovic as well.
I don't think he's fantastic at all, a lot of the stuff he writes is almost exclusively self-promotion of his books which, of late (last 5yrs) have been seen by many as a bit strange (I've not read any of them as I'm not really into "how to be a winner" or "mind help stuff" which kind of dominate his writing.

I'd say he didn't really "out" Abramovic, but he was highly critical of him and his interview with Sky (silencing Tony Cascareno??? who had his head up his arse - as did the whole of Sky at the time) was important and made many people take stock as at the time there was little opposing voice towards the murdering gangster. I think, but stand to be corrected on this, but wasn't John Sweeney that could claim he outed him?

OK I don't understand the benefit system. So explain to me with a breakdown how someone can claim £70k in benefits. What benefits are they receiving how does this add up. Genuinely interested.
I can ask my wife, but this isn't a lone thing. There are claimants phoning up to say when they put in the initial claim they forgot to mention that their kids were disavled or blind etc. Perhaps basic benefits is capped but certain particular benefits are a lot higher.

And they don't seem to get checked very much.

I think you know full well what I'm suggesting.

The rich love a little crusade for the "under priviledged" whether it's immigrants, those on benefits etc.

But hey, you go with your theory.
A question is a theory now?

Can I suggest that you wobble your head before the lie down?

It might not work, but that's the theory anyway.

Referencing the war and the blitz is not the same as this. Everyone does that. What people went through in concentration camps etc shouldn't be used as flippant one-upmanship by twats like him.
Well, given that concentration camps weren't set up till the 1940s, it's patently clear that Lineker was not referring to them.

Look at what he actually said:

This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s...

So he's comparing the language used by the Government to the language used by Nazi Germany. He's not calling anyone a Nazi, he's not saying the Government's actions are comparable to those of the Nazis or anything remotely similar.

Personally I think it's an exaggeration - I'd say there are really important differences and Lineker is over-egging his cake, but that's just my opinion of his opinion.

That's all.

I don't think he's fantastic at all, a lot of the stuff he writes is almost exclusively self-promotion of his books which, of late (last 5yrs) have been seen by many as a bit strange (I've not read any of them as I'm not really into "how to be a winner" or "mind help stuff" which kind of dominate his writing.

I'd say he didn't really "out" Abramovic, but he was highly critical of him and his interview with Sky (silencing Tony Cascareno??? who had his head up his arse - as did the whole of Sky at the time) was important and made many people take stock as at the time there was little opposing voice towards the murdering gangster. I think, but stand to be corrected on this, but wasn't John Sweeney that could claim he outed him?
Have a day off and get out of your own arse mate

Offering opinions and calling people Nazis is not the same thing. Lineker has expressed his political opinions plenty of times in the past without it blowing up.

Working for the BBC shouldn't preclude one from expressing political views alltogether, though obviously there needs to be strong oversight. People like Lineker, Andrew Neil, Fiona Bruce etc. should have been hauled in front of an ethics committe and had the book thrown at them.
He never called anyone a Nazi.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can read one thing, then decide it says another, then double down on that even when the piece they read is out there in public.

I can ask my wife, but this isn't a lone thing. There are claimants phoning up to say when they put in the initial claim they forgot to mention that their kids were disavled or blind etc. Perhaps basic benefits is capped but certain particular benefits are a lot higher.

And they don't seem to get checked very much.
OK well got back to me when you have the figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, given that concentration camps weren't set up till the 1940s, it's patently clear that Lineker was not referring to them.

This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s...

So he's comparing the language used by the Government to the language used by Nazi Germany. He's not calling anyone a Nazi, he's not saying the Government's actions are comparable to those of the Nazis or anything remotely similar.

Personally I think it's an exaggeration - I'd say there are really important differences and Lineker is over-egging his cake, but that's just my opinion of his opinion.

That's all.

Didn’t us Brits have some form of Concentration Camps in the Boer War?

Offering opinions and calling people Nazis is not the same thing. Lineker has expressed his political opinions plenty of times in the past without it blowing up.

Working for the BBC shouldn't preclude one from expressing political views alltogether, though obviously there needs to be strong oversight. People like Lineker, Andrew Neil, Fiona Bruce etc. should have been hauled in front of an ethics committe and had the book thrown at them.
Time and time again: He didn't call anyone a Nazi. If he did then lay it bare now..........I'll wait.

His reference was specifically related to the language being used by the Government (e.g. "Invasion", "100 Million", and even "billions" used just these past few days).

But this has been a tactic for many years now like driving advertising vans into areas populated by largely of ethnic minorities with the slogan "go home or face arrest" slapped on the side. (no different at all to 1930's Germany daubing graffiti on Jewish shops and businesses by the SA) and at the time the same comparisons were made, rightly so. Home Office using ‘go home’ as example of racist hate crime – despite emblazoning same message on vans

Or...............

AGIAN in both cases (there are literally scores of examples of this - but really who's got the time to search for them and read them, if you don't believe this then I suggest you search yourself) by nobody has said anyone is a Nazi!!! If the language used today is the same as it was in 1930's Germany then that comparison should 100% be made. Just as Suella Braverman was confronted by Joan Salter, 83-year-old Holocaust survivor who told her directly her language was the same as that used in '30's Germany, you can't deny anyone the right to do that (she didn't apologise for her language and has gone on to completly ignore her therefore with full knowledge that using these words will likely upset the Jewish community.

The language and the rhetoric has to stop.

All this episode has done is put a microscope on;
a) The impartiality guidelines at the BBC
b) The rank hypocrisy of the implementation of them
c) The relationship between the Conservative Party and the BBC
d) a review of the guidelines
e) A win for Garry Lineker and a massive L for BBC and possibly this pathetic government

Last edited:

That's all.
First concentration camp was built in 1933 Bill............but don't want to argue, you're a nice fella 👍

First concentration camp was built in 1933 Bill............but don't want to argue, you're a nice fella 👍

Were they called something else in the Boer War?

Not a subject that I’m familiar with but can remember some documentary about us forcing Boer families into camps away from their farms and homes which is the same thing but not on a holocaust scale

The person who paid it.

Lies No GIF

Back
Top Bottom