Gary 'the ears' Lineker is a prick - discuss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gary Lineker a massive fartfaced prick

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Super Yes

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Bigger yes than his ears

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • No, I love the gooners

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
You really are a naive and simple bellend........🤔............want to buy some beans?.....

So... explain it to me then Brainiac.

I've provided links, and actual data to support my argument. You've provided... well... nothing. So if you going to try and refute my argument then you're going to need a better counter than that.

Until you do, we'll just file your post in the bin where it belongs.

Certainly, here are some examples of Germans using dehumanising language from the 1930s:

1. In 1933, Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels described the Jews as a "bacillus" or disease that needed to be eradicated from German society.
  2. In 1938, Julius Streicher, the publisher of the virulently anti-Semitic newspaper Der Stürmer, referred to Jews as "lice" and "vermin."
  3. In 1939, Nazi officials referred to the Polish population as a "barbarian invasion" and claimed that Poland was a "swamp" that needed to be cleansed of its "diseased" elements.
  4. In 1939, German propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels used the term "international cockroach" to describe Jews in a radio broadcast.
  5. In 1938, during the Kristallnacht pogroms, Nazi officials referred to the destruction of Jewish homes, businesses, and synagogues as a "cleanup" operation or "revenge action" against the Jews.
  6. In a speech on January 30, 1939, Adolf Hitler referred to the Jews as a "mortal enemy" and warned that if they caused another world war, they would be "annihilated." He also described the Jews as a "pestilential insect" that needed to be eradicated.
Are these examples enough for you?
Right, so no mentions of ''swarms'' and ''invasion'' then, rather a lot of different terms used to attack Jews with.

I personally don't see the connection, perhaps I'm not trying hard enough?

Last edited:
That's it? That your deflection? This is the latest piss poor attempt to move the goalposts to try and defend the indefensible?

OK fine.

The reason why you won't find such appalling language in the Parliamentary Bill is because there are required standards of language. It's called Parliamentary Language.

Try again
You really are on another planet.

Take the L and learn from it, next time don't support silly celebrities without reading the actual bill.

You only look like the farmers prize plum. This is for your benefit.

Right, so no mentions of ''swarms'' and ''invasion'' then, rather a lot of terms used to attack Jews with.

*Sigh*

Fine, here's examples of the Nazi's using "swarms" and "invasion" to describe Jews, communists or other people they disliked.

1. In 1933, Hitler referred to the influx of Jewish refugees from Eastern Europe as a "veritable invasion" that threatened the German way of life.
  2. In 1936, Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels used the term "swarm" to describe Jewish refugees from Austria, who were fleeing persecution in their home country.
  3. In 1941, Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, referred to the Soviet Union as a "mongoloid swarm" that was threatening the purity of the Aryan race.
  4. In 1942, Nazi officials referred to the arrival of Hungarian Jews at the Auschwitz concentration camp as a "swarm" that needed to be dealt with.
  5. In 1944, as Allied forces were advancing into Germany, Goebbels referred to the "invasion" of Germany by Allied troops and urged Germans to fight back against the "hordes" of foreign soldiers.

Are these enough examples? Or do you want to move the goalposts yet again?

You really are on another planet.

Take the L and learn from it, next time don't support silly celebrities without reading the actual bill.

You only look like the farmers prize plum. This is for your benefit.

That's your gotcha? The language used on the actual Vellum parchment used to transcribe the laws? I've explained to you why your point was bollocks. But... one more time for the thickos... It's called Parliamentary Language. People take issue with the language used by people like Suella Braverman to appeal to the lowest common denominator not the legalese used in the act itself.

Look, I've provided you with tonnes of data, links and examples. I've answered every single one of your pathetic attempts to deflect and defend the indefensible. You've never had an counter argument worthy of debate. Do yourself a favour, go away and get a decent, sourced counter argument and we'll carry on this debate.

Until such time, I accept your surrender.

His problem is that when actual nazis turn up he won't know his ass from his elbow having completely diluted the term for his own political leverage

I'm sure he will have a suitable tweet.

To be honest I'm not counting on Gary Lineker to be the solution if actual Nazi's turn up and start dictating government policy.

*Sigh*

Fine, here's examples of the Nazi's using "swarms" and "invasion" to describe Jews, communists or other people they disliked.

1. In 1933, Hitler referred to the influx of Jewish refugees from Eastern Europe as a "veritable invasion" that threatened the German way of life.
  2. In 1936, Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels used the term "swarm" to describe Jewish refugees from Austria, who were fleeing persecution in their home country.
  3. In 1941, Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, referred to the Soviet Union as a "mongoloid swarm" that was threatening the purity of the Aryan race.
  4. In 1942, Nazi officials referred to the arrival of Hungarian Jews at the Auschwitz concentration camp as a "swarm" that needed to be dealt with.
  5. In 1944, as Allied forces were advancing into Germany, Goebbels referred to the "invasion" of Germany by Allied troops and urged Germans to fight back against the "hordes" of foreign soldiers.

Are these enough examples? Or do you want to move the goalposts yet again?

That's your gotcha? The language used on the actual Vellum parchment used to transcribe the laws? I've explained to you why your point was bollocks. But... one more time for the thickos... It's called Parliamentary Language. People take issue with the language used by people like Suella Braverman to appeal to the lowest common denominator not the legalese used in the act itself.

Look, I've provided you with tonnes of data, links and examples. I've answered every single one of your pathetic attempts to deflect and defend the indefensible. You've never had an counter argument worthy of debate. Do yourself a favour, go away and get a decent, sourced counter argument and we'll carry on this debate.

Until such time, I accept your surrender.
You haven't provided a scintilla of evidence of the Tories using 1930's rhetoric in relation to this bill. Because there is none.

It's just some stupid ill educated celebrity doing some virtue signalling for twatter points, pounced on as a way to score a few cheap hits by the Tories political rivals. And swallowed hook, line and sinker by gormless twats on the internet.

The links you left were all related to Legal immigration, I was talking about Illegal immigration for which I've recently linked more data from pew research which you cannot refute.

You're not even talking about the same issue. So how can you claim a win?

Anyone with a keyboard and a forehead can copy/paste.

So if anyone in the country says ''look there, I see a swarm of illegal immigrants invading'' they should be accused of sharing 1930s 3rd Reich speak?

Maybe on a match day you'd see a swarm of away supporters invading the local pubs, but you better not say it?

So... explain it to me then Brainiac.

I've provided links, and actual data to support my argument. You've provided... well... nothing. So if you going to try and refute my argument then you're going to need a better counter than that.

Until you do, we'll just file your post in the bin where it belongs.
Scouse has put it perfectly......illegal immigrants.....not legal immigrants....

How do you think we'll do against saints tomorrow??...(that means Southampton)....

:kanehand:

So if anyone in the country says ''look there, I see a swarm of illegal immigrants invading'' they should be accused of sharing 1930s 3rd Reich speak?

Maybe on a match day you'd see a swarm of away supporters invading the local pubs, but you better not say it?
Back in the 60's the Beatles, Stones, Animals, Hermans Hermits, The Who and a few other bands hit the big time in the US. It was referred too as the British invasion.

Never trust people who try and tell you what you or others are thinking when they use language.

Those people don't tend to be good actors.

You haven't provided a scintilla of evidence of the Tories using 1930's rhetoric in relation to this bill. Because there is none.

Now you're just flat out lying. I've provided a video link of an actual Holocaust survivor asking Suella Braverman to tone down her rhetoric.

It's just some stupid ill educated celebrity doing some virtue signalling for twatter points, pounced on as a way to score a few cheap hits by the Tories political rivals. And swallowed hook, line and sinker by gormless twats on the internet.

Really? I thought it was just a bunch of right-wing snowflakes trying to get someone cancelled for expressing an opinion they didn't like.

The links you left were all related to Legal immigration, I was talking about Illegal immigration for which I've recently linked more data from pew research which you cannot refute.

You're not even talking about the same issue. So how can you claim a win?

Anyone with a keyboard and a forehead can copy/paste.

Once again you clearly didn't read what I posted earlier. But once again for the slow readers club...

There currently are no safe, legal routes for migrants to settle in the UK. In fact here's Suella Braverman admitting so...

Back in the 60's the Beatles, Stones, Animals, Hermans Hermits, The Who and a few other bands hit the big time in the US. It was referred too as the British invasion.

Never trust people who try and tell you what you or others are thinking when they use language.

Still unsure as to what the word context means? OK, I'll help...

I see it as a harmless term, I can't stand the fact that people use 'Nazi Germany' to try and stop people speaking words that are no way offensive in everyday talk in the UK.

What the hell are these people trying to do?

I saw a swarm of bees in my garden earlier.

......shit!.........😲

I see it as a harmless term, I can't stand the fact that people use 'Nazi Germany' to try and stop people speaking words that are no way offensive in everyday talk in the UK.

What the hell are these people trying to do?
Sow division for political power. basically.

I mean politics has always been cut throat but there are some levels you shouldn't stoop too. Outright smearing a mainstream political party and by proxy the people that voted for them as fascists is levels above. Its frankly dangerous.

When gullible people truly start to believe the government are fascist it can lead to some bad scenarios.

People can justify doing anything if they think they are fighting against fascism.

It's irresponsible and its dangerous, particularly coming from the lips of somebody as high profile as Lineker.

You really are a naive and simple bellend........🤔............want to buy some beans?.....

I’ll have some if there’s any left!

Only Fools And Horses Del GIF by britbox

Right, so no mentions of ''swarms'' and ''invasion'' then, rather a lot of different terms used to attack Jews with.

Not sure you‘re trying at all , number 3 in the post you refuted has the word invasion in it

fun laughing GIF

Last edited:
Now you're just flat out lying. I've provided a video link of an actual Holocaust survivor asking Suella Braverman to tone down her rhetoric.

Really? I thought it was just a bunch of right-wing snowflakes trying to get someone cancelled for expressing an opinion they didn't like.

Once again you clearly didn't read what I posted earlier. But once again for the slow readers club...

There currently are no safe, legal routes for migrants to settle in the UK. In fact here's Suella Braverman admitting so...

Still unsure as to what the word context means? OK, I'll help...

‘Slow Readers Club’???

What’s that?

Sow division for political power. basically.

I mean politics has always been cut throat but there are some levels you shouldn't stoop too. Outright smearing a mainstream political party and by proxy the people that voted for them as fascists is levels above. Its frankly dangerous.

When gullible people truly start to believe the government are fascist it can lead to some bad scenarios.

People can justify doing anything if they think they are fighting against fascism.

It's irresponsible and its dangerous, particularly coming from the lips of somebody as high profile as Lineker.
Yeah, I'm all for free speech but Lineker has used Twitter to try and liken Suella Braverman's immigration rhetoric to that of 1930's NSDAP/SA.

So now we can't say what we want without a load of gobshites yelling ''nazi''.

Back
Top Bottom